“Nothing Short of Fabulous”
Review of La Veranda

La Veranda
Ranked #30 of 5,808 Restaurants in Prague
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Josefov
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We chose this restaurant based on the reviews and the fact that it was close to our hotel.Everything about this place was amazing, from the Service, to the food, to the cozy atmosphere. I couldn't recommend this place enough and urge you to try the Beetroot Salad and Lamb Main dish. AMAZING!

1  Thank AC584
Write a ReviewReviews (1,033)

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

A great restaurant with a lovely cozy atmosphere. Every course of our dinner was fantastic. The Foie gras appetizer was wonderful. Santo, our waiter, was very pleasant and provided excellent service. I wish I had another week here, I would love to try everything on the menu!!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We chose this based on the proximity to a concert ( close to the The Jewish Quarter and the Hotel InterContinental) and were exceptionally pleased. We'll be going back. You step down off the city streets into the restaurant and are suddenly in the countryside. The atmosphere is relaxed, the food was amazing. I was thrilled with the pig cheeks and sauce surrounded by celery root purée. This from someone who isn't much of a meat eater. The flavored were amazing. Their read is homemade and best among the wonderful breads we had eaten all week. My husband had a braised lamb, also wonderful with some small root veggies. Dessert was a cloudless chocolate torte with a cherry compote-jam and droplets of spectacular cherry purée. We're definitely returning for seconds. wines great, too. Beet carpaccio appetizer creative and delish. One appetizer, two entrees, 1 dessert, 2 glasses of Prosecco and 2 of wine and it was about $100 US...well worth it.

3  Thank BikingBaker
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Been there with my wife ...I was in the Jewish Quarter and chose it using Trip Advisor city guides. We had a very pleasant surprise. Very nice and cozy place, excellent food and a superb service. Highly recommended. Enjoy !!!

2  Thank William_kern
Reviewed July 8, 2013

When visiting Prague, be sure to order their food specialities, e.g duck&lamb. As this was my last night in Prague and I had already eaten quite a lot of duck, I went for the braised lamb haunch. It was fantastic! The meat tender, the vegetables cooked to perfection, the seasoning flawless. The best 395 CZK you will spend in Prague. The only flaw with this restaurant is its horrible music choices, loud cover songs is not to my liking when im enjoying my meal. But loud cover songs seem to be a trend in Prague' restaurants..

3  Thank Hortensia8