“Great birthday dinner”
Review of Bellevue

Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 5,534 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
London, United Kingdom
“Great birthday dinner”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We went here after the reviews on here for my husbands 50th birthday and it was a lovely meal with a lovely view. I would describe it as fine dining. The staff were all lovely and spoke English. The restaurant is close to the bridge. Thank you for a lovely evening.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank nelly071
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear nelly071,

thank you for your nice review of Bellevue. Glad to hear about you positive experience dining with us and I hope we will see you again oneday.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Houston
“Deserving of Michelin star”
Reviewed June 15, 2014

On a two-week trip along the Danube and ending in Prague, our final meal was at Bellevue, and it was the crowning glory of our search for food Nirvana in the area.

We began with an amuse bouche of a strawberry gazpacho with shrimp that was simply incredible. This was followed by appetizers which included the 63-degree egg with asparagus and Hollandaise sauce, the veal ragout canneloni, and the fantastic scallops served with risotto on a puree of green peas.

Our main courses included the wild cod with saffron spaghetti, the roasted fillet of veal, and the scallops appetizer as a main course. Each of the appetizers and mains drew rave reviews from the six of us who were dining. The suggested wine pairings are well thought-out, and the wines are all above average.

The main course was followed by a palate-cleansing sorbet, and we then moved on to some of the most artfully-prepared desserts we've seen--a Tahitian vanilla panna cotta, a Valrhona chocolate cremeux, and several "Painter's Palette" orders were consumed with great relish.

We had requested a table with a view, and were rewarded with one at the front window, staring at the Charles Bridge and the Smetana River. Service is excellent.

• Visited June 2014
3 Thank Gene T
Dear Gene T,

thank you for your amazing review of Bellevue. I am delighted to hear that even as a group of 6 everything was perfect. I hope that you have enjoyed your dinner with us and that we can count with your visit on your next trip to Prague!

Managing director
London, United Kingdom
“Very good if lacking genuine atmosphere”
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Was here for a business dinner.

The staff were excellent and the food outstanding. I had scallops followed by rabbit.

Good location but other places have a better view of the Charles bridge.

It felt a little clinical and lacking in natural warmth despite the staff being very attentive and welcoming.

Dear simo029,

thank you for your nice review and your opinion on Bellevue. I am glad you have enjoyed you business dinner and I hope to see you again one day.

Managing director
Richmond, Va
“Superior in every way”
Reviewed June 14, 2014

There is nothing but raves for this experience. The staff was a step ahead of every detail. We were treated to an Amuse bouche that was so delicious I would have ordered a full portion; a delightful strawberry gazpacho topped with shrimp. My fish was as delicious as it was beautifully presented. Dessert was a work of art. Trying to describe each course would be an injustice so I can only say that this was a highlight of my dining experiences, Also, be sure to request a view of the castle and Charles Bridge. I thought I was in a Fairytale.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank kbgva
Dear kbgva,

thank you for your almost poetric review! Great to hear that you have spent such good time with us and that you have thoroughly enjoyed your evening.

We will be looking forward to welcome you again one day.

“Worth every penny!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Great service, amazing dishes... had a wonderful time. If you can afford it I highly recommend! Well even if you cant;)

1 Thank Michal Z
Dear Michal Z,

thank you for you great review of Bellevue. It looks like you had a good time so I hope we will see you again shortly.