“Food, location, ambience, service.... a hit”
Review of Bellevue

Bellevue
Ranked #10 of 5,854 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Was suggested to us by our hotel and we got a table on the terrace facing the river and Charles bridge. The food was spectacular and the service was great. the interiors are tastefully done with artefacts from Czech artists.

1  Thank Sanjay11000
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Sanjay11000,

Thank you very much for your comments. The name of the designer you mention is Rony Plesl and is one of the best in the country.

Really happy you enjoyed yourselves and hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,

Managing Director.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,296)

Reviewed June 21, 2013

The restaurant was beautiful, the staff both friendly and informative and te food and wines fantastic. Make sure you do the wine pairings- it is the perfect way to enjoy this restaurant.

Dear lovestotravel4959,

Thank you very much for your kind comment.

I am really happy to hear such positive feedback.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Bellevue was recommended to us by a German colleague of mine, and since it was also highly reviewed on Trip Advidor, we decided to give it a try. The food and service were fantastic but i would have rated this $$$$ rather than $$$ like it says on Trip Advisor, as it is quite pricey (but deservedly so). We walked in on a Saturday evening around 6pm hoping to make a reservation for either later that night or the next night. As expected, they were booked for the evening but were able to make us a reservation for the next night (Sunday) at 9pm. This place is very nice so we got dressed up to match the ambience. My husband did two courses with wine pairings, and i did 3 courses with wine pairings (my third course was dessert which we shared). I had the fois gras special for my starter, which was a fois gras pate in a gingerbread crust with strawberry rhubard sauce. I am from California where fois gras has been banned, so i take every opportunity possible to eat fois gras when I travel, and let me just say that this was by far the best fois gras i have ever had! I usually prefer seared (warm) preparations of fois gras, but this cold pate-style was definitely the best of any fois gras i have ever tasted. It was SO incredibly creamy and rich in flavor - i was tempted to lick my plate! My husband's starter was also excellent - he had the scallops with sweet corn and it was to die for!! I would say that although the entrees were also great, the starters were definitely the highlight of our meal. For my entree I had duck breast with a delicious sauce and vegetables but i wish it had come with a bit more on the plate, because it was quite small. My husband had the sea bass which was also fantastic and had a slightly bigger portion. The dessert we shared, apple strudel, was amazingly presented and incredibly delicious as well. We could have eaten two! I have dined at many fine Michelin starred restaurants (such as Robuchon's) in New York, Tokyo, Paris, etc. but I found Bellevue to be equal if not better in quality, taste, and service. Our server, Jifi was pleasant, knowledegable, and very attentive. The wine pairings were all wonderful. My husband's only slight complaint was that the menu was a bit misleading as far as the wine pairing and course prices. I hadnt figured out the conversion to US dollar, but he seemed to think it came out to be much more than what was listed on the menu. We paid the equivalent of around $250-$300 for our meal. Overall, this was one of the best fine dining experiences i have ever had and I highly recommend trying Bellevue if you have the time and money to do so.

1  Thank Sofie H
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Sofie H,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback.

Just to address the finer points you made: The portion sizes, we feel are quite a bit larger for what you recieve in a restaurant of similar calibre. Though I get the feeling this is a question of quality over quanity in your perspective.
Regarding the price, we have (prompted by your review and some forethought) changed the price and price catagory on the Trip Advisor web site.
On our menu the price is written in Czech Krowns and in Euros. But not in US dollars. So I am sorry if there was confusion over that.

That aside, all other comments were very very positive and for that we thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The food was really extraordinary and special. Every couse was perfect. The prices may seem high at first, but considered what you would pay for this kind of up-scale cuisine in other European towns, it is totally acceptable. We chose one of the cheaper wines by the bottle, a Czeck Riezling from 2011, and it was a really good choice. From our table we had a prime view of the river, Charles bridge and castle. The staff was nice and not over-sophisticated. All in all, an unforgettable evening.

1  Thank kristi75

Dear kristi75,

I really enjoyed reading your review. Thank you for your feedback. It is a difficult thing to compare restaurants as there are so many variables, but I am really happy to hear that you thought us to be of real value for what you pay for. This is very important to us.

Thank you very much for your review.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Read about it in Trip Advisor and were looking for the Hemingway Bar. It was closed so we walked back toward the Charles Bridge and saw it. Walked in about 1:30 PM and got the last table outside. I had duck breast and my wife ahi tuna salad. Would go back in a heartbeat.

Dear Glo_Bob_13,

Thank you very much for find us! We are happy you did, because now we have the pleasure to reply to your lovely review.

Hopefully when you come back to Prague, you will find us again!

Managing Director