“Simply The Best !”
Review of Bellevue

Bellevue
Ranked #16 of 5,470 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Simply The Best !”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Second time lucky as we couldn't get a table on our first visit to Prague in November, fully booked.
From the moment we stepped through the door, the staff, atmosphere and decor were lovely.
There is a set tasting menu that you can have with or without wine pairing, but you can also choose any combination from the A La Carte menu to make up your own tasting menu. This is what we chose to do and it was wonderful. The foie gras with lentils was exquisite and the ravioli was another good choice. Next came the Jerusalem artichoke and foie gras soup, superbly matched with a Chardonnay. Our main courses were the suckling pig and the veal. Both lovely but my veal was the absolute best! We were quite full now, but managed to squeeze in an apple strudel and a creme brûlée with a chocolate mousse cigar. We didn't have room to take the cheese sadly but had a coffee with assorted chocolates.
We found the wine pairing to be really informative and clearly our sommelier was passionate about his wines which made the experience for us all the more enjoyable. Cost? Well, a glass of champagne each and a four course tasting with wine pairing 5600Kc which is about £180.
Well worth it for a total experience.

• Visited March 2013
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear ManicDepressive,

Thank you very much for your excellent review. If I am not mistaken, your waiter was Pavel who took you through the course of your evening. He wanted to tell you that he is sorry for not saying goodbye before he left early that night. Some pressing matters came up that needed his immediate attention.
As for your review, we are so happy that you enjoyed every aspect of Bellevue and left with fond memories.

Thank you so much again for your feedback and I hope to see you in Bellevue again soon.

Best regards,

• Turkish first
harrogate
“A Magical Evening”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

My boyfriend took me here on 07/03/13 as a surprise birthday dinner on the first night of our minibreak to Prague. It was an absolutely magical night- even though it started out really quiet the place quickly filled up and had a really great, sophisticated atmosphere. The food was really delicious and surprisingly filling- we even got a free amuse bouche of scallops and pea puree thrown in for free! The view was beautiful and very romantic for anyone visiting the city. The waiters were friendly and knowledgeable and, as a young couple, we didn't feel at all pressurised into going with more courses or more expensive wines, unlike sometimes at other restaurants.

Saying that- don't go expecting a cheap meal!!! The prices are comparable to an expensive restaurant in London- approx £40 for two courses and the cheaper bottles of wine averaging about £40-50. However it really is worth it- it felt really special and was a wonderful place to eat for my birthday. The menu was initially quite confusing but once we had figured it out was really good- you can mix and match courses from different sections and choose how many courses you want. I had a starter of homemade ravioli with goats cheese and a main of monkfish (both delicious). The staff were also really knowledgeable and engaging, advising on which wines to try- we thought it was a great novelty these were presented on an iPad!

I also loved the fact that the waiters brought me a giant sparkler in some sorbet and sung happy birthday- my boyfriend had indicated it was my birthday in his reservation email in his attempt to get us a window seat- and I was really impressed that the staff remembered this and acted on it.

Overall, a brilliant place to go for a special treat, to try some fabulous wines and delicious food, and to go for a walk afterwards in the moonlight on Charles bridge.

• Visited March 2013
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear blonde_comment,

Well what can I say to this!? What a truly wonderful review!
Thank you so very much for the comments you have made. I am so happy to have made such a special time for your Birthday.
As you pointed out, we are not a cheap restaurant, but you do find excellent value for what you pay for. I am especially happy that you found us to be friendly and not at all "snobbish" or "stuffy" in our way. After all, this industry is all about feeling good, through good food, good wine and of course, good service.
Thank you also for the comments about the ipad, which acts as our wine list. Your comment is the first :).

Hopefully if you decide to visit Prague again, we will see you again in Bellevue.

Many happy returns,

Oslo, Norway
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outstanding service, food and atmosphere :)”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had booked a table at Bellevue for a special dinner out to celebrate out wedding anniversary whilst in Prague. When we arrived first impressions were good, everything from the greetingdesk/coat-attendant to the way we were escorted to our windowside-table was spot on. (We noted that there was a special note next to out names on the list at the greetingdesk saying that it was our anniversary - we believe the excellent table was a special gesture towards that :D)

The waiters were all elegance and discrete, friendly service - all dressed in black and very knowledgeable about the food and wine. Our main waiter was a student at a local hospitality college - and we can totally see him being maitre d´somewhere swanky pretty soon!

I had a 2 course and my husband a 4 course, and the waiter was very helpful in choosing wines to accommodate our dishes, some of them locally produced with a story of their own told by the vaitor.

We also loved how the wait-staff pleasantly asked us how we would like the courses timed in relation to one another, and how there was no rush - we were free to relax between courses and just enjoy the atmosphere!

The food was excellent, elegant presented and served with a smile. The prices is above average, but worth every krona!

The whole atmosphere was very relaxed though elegant - couples and groups of adults out for a nice meal - all just talking amongst themselves creating a nice, lively buzz without ever getting too loud.

The view of the Karlsbridge and castle is definitely there - a pity there is a tramline straight across!

• Visited March 2013
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear Nina V,

Thank you very much for your excellent review, really nicely said :D.

Since we have several young and talented waiters attending Hotel/Hospitality school, i'll give the shout out to all of them, which will no doubt make them happy.

It sounds like you enjoyed every aspect we have to offer, so next time you are in Prague I feel sure that we will have the chance to serve you another unforgettable dining experience.

All the best and very kind regards,

Haugesund, Norway
“Excellent service and Superb food from Prague's best restaurant”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was here Yesterday 10.03.2013 ca 1800 to 2130.
I got an small taster of a yellow fin tuna tartar yummy :-)
Foie gras with some green lentils really tasty.
Todays soup was a WOW worth the travel from Haugesund on its own. The best Soup I have ever tasted.
Suckling pig will not be my favorite but the czech wine it came with was fantastic to my taste.
Chocolate fondant was great not the best i have had but great and the french red wine to it was perfect combination. I prefer fondant with vanilla ice cream, when I said so I got a scope of vanilla ice cream. Top service.
Conclusion: It was a fantastic 3,5 hours 6 course meal and food to the wines was nearly a perfect combination
Service from my to waiters was impressive.
If this place don't get a Michelin star this year something is seriously wrong with that guide. Their version of creme brulee was very tasty just wish it could have been double size( can always order 2 portions) Also I had to wait a little for my second desert and was rewarded with a free glass of wine for the time.
And coffee latte with Baileys was good as always.
Bellevue is a must for a great dinner time in Prague I think and I will be back.
Size of the food is nice but 5 course for a man is ok. Very reasonable price for food compared with quality. Of course it is expensive for Prague but 3 course for 990czk is definitely not scary.
And then Y can add extra portions and extra wines for 200czk each.
Only - was that I think they forgot butter with the free bread :-)

1 Thank svharkes
tomas_melich, General Manager at Bellevue, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear svharkes,

Thank you very much for your third visit to Bellevue!!! And thank you so much for your excellent and detailed review of our restaurant. We appreciate all the constructive criticism as well as all the compliments. Your kind of review is the type that allows a restaurant to reflect on and improve on details. I am very happy to have recieved your review for the third time :).

Though we are not actively looking to gain a Michelin Star, again I must thank you for your comment regarding that!

All the very best,

Ireland
“The best view in Prague coupled with exceptional food !!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Excellent location, service impeccable and suggestions for wine were great ! Been here many years ago and return isit tonight - what a treat indeed.

Dear MariaKing99,

Thank you very much for your continued patronage. I am so happy to hear that you found us to be consistant and excellent, comments which we all really appreciate here.

So we can look forward to serving you on your next visit to Prague.

Many thanks again and best regards,