“Everything People Said it Would Be”
Review of Bellevue

Bellevue
Ranked #11 of 5,589 Restaurants in Prague
Cuisines: Czech, International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stare Mesto (Old Town)
Reviewed November 13, 2012

One of the top two restaurants we encountered in Prague. The location is fantastic, but the service, menu, and wine/spirit list (particularly their excellent selections of Czech wines, and 25+ vintages of Armagnac dating back to 1928) are what make this restaurant truly exceptional...not just be Prague standards, but by international standards.

3  Thank Patrick D
There are newer reviews for Bellevue

Reviewed November 12, 2012

After reading all the good reviews on TA, I just had to try this place! I was worried about my expectations being too high- I should not have worried! From the moment we walked in, the staff was very courteous and helpful and treated us like we were special people. We started with an amuse bouche- a duck confit on mashed potatoes. Delicious. Next I had the goat cheese pear appetizer which was wonderfully tasty, but my husband had the foie gras with lentils, and this think was pure heaven! I'm not even a fan of foie gras! We got the wines that were paired with them and they were very good and went well with the dishes. Next, veal filet for me and lamb chops for dh. Both were really excellent. We were both so busy savoring every single morsel of our entrees, that we didn't think much about sharing! But I did get at least one bite of the lamb. Again, wines went well with the food. Finally, dessert. Oh my. I thought my meal had been heavenly so far but this sent it over the moon! Husband had apple strudel with caramel foam. A beautiful presentation and a very different, yet still unbelievably delicious, take on the standard. I had the chocolate fondant with caramel tsunami. Truly a perfect dessert. The food, the view, the ambience, the service were all just spectacular.

2  Thank kkbrig
Reviewed November 12, 2012

just across from our hotel and definitely one of the best restaurants I have been to recently. Delicious food and wine with friendly and attentive service, and of course, a very nice view of the river

2  Thank smashing79
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Well worth its top rating in Trip Advisor. Had a wonderful and relaxed meal on Thursday. Food, wine, service all top notch. Have booked to return with a larger party in four weeks time.

2  Thank Vineyarder58
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I booked this restaurant after reading some reviews on tripadvisor. I requested a table looking onto the river and was not disappointed, from the moment we arrived the staff were on point and extremly helpful. We enjoyed a glass of champange and were given a duck starter as a present from the kitchen which was beautiful. We opted for the 4 course meal which was served excatly at the right times ensuring we were not too full. The portions were very generous and the attention to detail was not spared. One waiter Andre was very helpful and explained how the delicious pig chops were made which we found very interested. The whole Ambiance and experience of Bellevue sets it miles apart from any other restaurant. I could not recommend this anymore.

1  Thank starieyessar