Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM

More Info
from $63.60
More Info
1,178 results
All reviews his life short stories original documents museum shop great museum mucha museum small museum charles bridge czech republic prague castle literature writings author exhibits trial peeing diaries
Reviewed July 7, 2014

an interesting insight into the troubled world of Franz Kafka, of whom I admit I knew little about before visiting.
A dark hue greeted us inside the museum to reflect the writers life and view of the World. I understand Franz Kafka had a troubled upbringing and strained relationship with his father. My partner is a writer and enjoyed writing in his notebook throughout our visit. I enjoyed the films and learing about this tortured soul with such a creative mind.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

As a high school teacher who has taught Kafka, I obviously had to visit this museum, but it could use a summary film (like the Mucha Museum) and better lighting/signage in English. I get the darkness of the museum to mirror Kafka's life (it had a very post-modern feel), but it makes for an eye-straining visit. If you go, be prepared to read your way through.

FYI: I accompanied my partner who was squiring 12 college students through the attraction. The students moved at different speeds, but they moved faster than I would have liked. I took the speed with which most students moved through the museum to mean that the exhibit could have been better.

1  Thank GradingMachine
Reviewed July 5, 2014

The museum is in the spirit of the man and his work with it dark rooms and strange music, ghostly videos. Kafka's troubles seem to have started with his father. Call Dr Freud on that one. Kafka wrote a lot and kept at it though virtually none of it was published in his lifetime. Not quite sure how he managed to keep doing that and leaving the manuscripts complete enough to be published later, not how he made a living. For readers of his works, it is must see museum. We particularly like the endless and pointless (and that was the point) black filing cabinets.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Be prepared for a strange backround, some tension and a lot of darkness. Then you may enter Kafka's solitude in the middle of a turbulent period, and better understand his troubled soul.
Definitely worth the effort if you take your time.

Date of experience: June 2014
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I love Kafka but this museum is boring and way, way over-rated....the original writings were interesting but otherwise this was a waste of time...

Date of experience: June 2014