Clarion Congress Hotel Prague
$257
$232
Preferred Hotels
1,575 results
All reviewsmetro stationcity centrelarge hotelhotel guestsfitness centerhotel lobbyexecutive floorexcellent hotelchecking inair conditionold cityrooms are bigreception deskmini barczech republicpublic transportbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed here 2 days, everything was great. Staff is very helpfull, Hotel is situated near the centre, directly at the metro station. Rooms are well furnished, clean, just one remark: The 4 star hotel couldn´t have the cobwebs on the walls.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
MiroslavBukva, General Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Allow me to thank you for your comment on your stay at our Clarion Congress Hotel Prague. We keep trying to meet all our guests' expectations. Therefore, each comment is valuable to me.
Our large hotel is yearly visited by several hundreds of thousands of guests and the vast majority of them praise the cleanliness in our hotel. That is I was really surprised by your information about a cobweb on the wall. I immediately discussed this with our Executive Housekeeper in order to be able to take appropriate measures.
After the departure of the guest, each room is cleaned and then inspected by a housekeeping manager. Only then it is released for next guests. Thanks to a lower occupancy in winter months some rooms may remain vacant for more days. Although we carry out regular disinfestation of the whole building, it is possible that during the time when a room remains vacant, a small cobweb may appear. That is why we have implemented double checks: one after the room is cleaned, and another one just before the arrival of the guest. I believe our guests will continue appreciating the cleanliness as well as equipment and other services our hotel provides.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Hotel looks new and impressive. There is wifi in the rooms though it gets disconnected rather often. Toilets/bathrooms are clean. Room is big and beds are nice and comfortable. Breakfast was good. Dinner at hotel was alright. Good thing about staying in this hotel is there is a shopping centre adjoined to it. You don't have to walk outside of hotel to get to shopping centre. It was -3 to -8 the day we were there but warm in the hotel and shopping areas. There's eating places too at the shopping centre with a chemist, supermarket and shoe shops. It is about 15 mins drive from the city center.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank yim1960
MiroslavBukva, General Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear Guest,
Let me thank you for the time you took giving us feedback regarding your stay at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague. We´ve started to operate our new complimentary WIFI internet 1Mbps connection just last week. It took several days to set & fix all our radios properly but I´m sure it is OK now. I am pleased you liked the room and services we provide as well as the adjacent shopping mall. We believe that thanks to the direct access to the underground station which takes you to the city centre in 10 to 15 minutes for about 1 EUR, our hotel is a suitable resort and starting point for those who prefer staying in a calm area, however, still close to the historical parts of Prague. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again should you return to Prague for some reason.
Kind regards,

Reviewed November 20, 2012

The hotel is nice, comfortable and modern, right next to a subway station and an indoor mall. My wife and I went to eat at their restaurant (can't remember the name but it starts with B). We got there at 8:15pm. There were people seated at 3 tables and the others were free. One of the waiters came out and told us that the other tables were reserved. So went to the Food court next door and got some terrible chinese and when we came back at 9:25pm, there were no other guests in the restaurant.
I was left wondering if they just didn't want to work. Or did they not like my face?
I was there for a conference. The night before the conference opened, when I asked the front desk about the conference, they had not the foggiest idea about the conference in their hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank AvidTraveller2011
MiroslavBukva, General Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your opinion presented on Tripadvisor. First of all, I would like to point out that the described experience is an example of how insufficient communication between the staff and a guest can have a really negative impact on the guest's perception although we provide top quality services.
The Benada Restaurant prides itself on excellent gastronomy as well as first-rate service. The waiters are motivated and really care about each guest. I would like to notice that US guests are their favourite ones, since they nearly always tip them for perfect service. The described situation, however, was a bit exceptional; a group of 80 managers of a prominent company had booked tables in our restaurant for their final dinner at our hotel for 6 p.m. Since that was a big reservation, they even paid an advance, and the waiters were instructed to keep the tables free for the whole evening. Unfortunately, the managers stayed sightseeing later than expected and instead of 6 p.m. arrived at the Benada Restaurant at 11 p.m. So we had the restaurant open for them until early morning hours. The satisfied guests spent over USD 10,000 within a few hours, which certainly was a benefit for the hotel. Nevertheless, I absolutely understand your disappointment. The restaurant staff has been instructed on how to deal with guests under similar exceptional circumstances and to explain the situation better. In particular, they were advised to recommend our brand new Pizza & Café Restaurant situated just a few steps next door. Unlike the mentioned Chinese bar at the food court, the Pizza & Café Restaurant is run by our hotel, and besides excellent Italian, international and local cuisine it offers cosy environment, quality service and possibility to charge the spending to the guest's hotel bill.
The conference premises at the Clarion Congress Hotel Prague consist of 27 halls and meeting rooms covering the total area of 4,000 m2. Every day, several parallel conferences are held at the same time; that is why it is really difficult to identify instantly the conference a guest is talking about. Sometimes the event is held in our internal system under the name of the organizing company or agency, sometimes the organizers themselves chose the name under which they wish to present their event. That's why the hotel uses a navigation system presented on LCD panels which inform on the time and place where individual events take place. This system is updated by night. Of course, for the receptionists a list of events of the current and the following days, as well as of the following week is available. II dare say that the receptionist, who had just started his night shift, did not study the events overview sufficiently and was not able to answer your question immediately. In consequence, we retrained all staff and started a more thorough monitoring of their adhering to our standards.
I regret that we did not meet your expectations; however, I believe we would be able to delight you with the quality of our service during your next visit to Prague and our hotel.
Yours faithfully,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

This hotel has nicely decorated and very neat rooms. I am very sensitive when it comes to hygiene and the room was spotless. The breakfast has everything to boost you energy. I had eaten the best cereal in my life in this hotel.

The best part of the hotel is the metro station underneath. You can easily access the station without going outside (and feeling the cold weather). Also, there is a supermarket (Billa) in the shopping mall under the hotel. You can buy whatever you need by just using stairs.

And one more word for the TV channels. I have travelled most of the world and only in this hotel there was a Turkish channel which was a real suprise for us:)

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank happilyeverafter0406
MiroslavBukva, General Manager at Clarion Congress Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear guest,
I am really delighted with what you have written about our hotel. All our staff do their best to make our guests feel at home. Your kind words assure us that we are doing our job the right way. It would be a pleasure for us to persuade you of the quality of our hotel and services again, should you return to Prague sometime in the future.
Best regards,

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I spent there a couple of nights attending the conference a few weeks ago. In general - very positive impression. To start with the location, probably it is not the most convenient for spending a romantic week(end) in Prague, but if you are business traveler it is just perfect. Easy, direct access to city centre is provided by local tube (Metro), with the direct entrance from the hotel complex. The only caveat that public transport stops apparently at midnight and I can imagine taxi would cost a fortune. Hotel and congress centre itself - just what you should expect from 21st century state of art building. Could not praise them more. All in all - very, very good hotel, clearly to be recommended for meetings and conventions.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your really positive review of our hotel. Clarion Congress Hotel Prague became the absolute winner of the Czech Hotel Awards 2012 in the category of congress hotels, thus no wonder that business travellers value its facilities and services w provide. Allow me to thank you again for your kind words of recommendation. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back during one of your future visits to Prague.
Kind regards,