“Spacious and nice location”
Review of Angel

Angel
Ranked #329 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We went there during our Easter vacation and surprisingly it looked absolutely empty. not even the house keeping folks , but the rooms were cleaned and kept well by the time we came back in the evening . the apartments are wonderfuly spacious, and I totaly loved the kitchen. what wasnt very outstanding was the reception guys , who did their job quite mechanically ... could replace them with machines and no one would notice ! great location , not very far from the old town . the tram stop n metro stations are just round the corner. and as we were 3 families with small children holidaying together, the tesco's supermarket just down the road proved to be quite handy...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel was very spacious, very clean, and very affordable. The location was convenient, just around the corner from the train, trams, and buses. The staff was helpful and polite. We would definitely return to this hotel, and recommend it for anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This was our first trip to Prague so did not know the areas or what to expect, and we used Trip Advisor reviews to make our booking.
Upon arrival, the receptionist was friendly and spoke English well. We entered a separate secure doorway with a concierge. Our apartment was also secure with a double lock! The apartment itself we were very impressed with, a spacious 4th floor double apartment with balcony. Modern furnishings although basic, this suited us.
Unlimited internet with wi-fi in the apartment which was of good quality and this was a big positive for us.
Kitchen:
Nice kitchenette all modern looking, with a kettle, microwave, hob, coffee machine and built in fridge freezer. No toaster though. Plates etc provided, although are a little outdated... And there were no mugs, only small teacups. We ended up going to Tesco round the corner and bought 2 mugs as we like our hot drinks!
Bathroom:
Large bathroom, with toilet, basin and shower. Nice big mirror in front of sink with a light over it. If you want to use the mirror for make up or shaving you may be a little too far away from it (I used my compact). The shower was a small cubicle but with good power and good heat coming through.
Lounge area:
Comfy sofa bed, big coffee table, decent size tv although we could only get a few channels. Small dining table with 3 chairs also in this area which was handy.
Bedroom:
Large room with huge windows. Our double bed was two singles pushed together, but I hear that's standard in Europe, but they were comfortable and bedding was also fine. Two lamps either side of the bed. This was the only furniture in that room though... Our (large!) wardrobe was in the hallway.
Security:
We felt very safe in our apartment. To get in the main building you must have a key or be buzzed in. There is a 24 hour concierge for the building. The apartment had a double lock and the door was thick, nobody would get in easily. We were disappointed at first that we did not have a safe. But we used padlocks on our suitcases. We could also lock a second door into the apartment so that only the bathroom was accessible to cleaners, which we did daily.
Staff:
The receptionists were all very friendly and spoke good English, we dealt with 4 in total. We particularly liked Merick (unsure of spelling sorry) who was very helpful and friendly, he booked a tour for us and helped us with trams, buses etc. He was only too happy to help. When we departed, we left him a bottle of wine and beers as a token thank you gift.
The bathroom was serviced well daily, cleanliness maintained as well as a good stock of loo rolls etc! No complaints here.
Area of Andel:
The apartment was literally a couple of minutes walk to the metro station, and tram stops going in all directions! We didn't realise how central we were, but everything seemed very close, no more than 15-20 minutes to anything in central Prague! I think there was also a bus station round the corner although we never used it.
The road and area the apartment is in is great. Felt safe walking round at night.
In the town just a couple of minutes walk away is a huge shopping centre open from 6am til midnight! Including a Tesco where we did all our shopping, mainly lovely bread and pastries which there are plenty to choose from!
Also a favourite of ours during our trip was a restaurant in the main street called Corleones, nice just even to nip in for a coffee as we did several times, also had food there which was nice and all for a very reasonable price.

All in all, we were very pleased with our stay, particularly considering the cost and location. We will certainly be returning to Prague, and will definitely book Aparthotel Angel again!

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank philippawright
Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Horrible hospitality by her. When asked to make my full payment i wasnt sure if i had already done it as i have been travelling for 3 weeks and got my hotel payments mixed up. So i requested the access to the wifi to check my email confirmation. But no! She said i shouldve done it before this n threw at me a copy she printed n asked me to pay. Both tired and shocked, i checked and thought its ok. She then slammed the debit card machine on the desk without a single word! Absolutely unbelievable! All i did was asked for access to the internet. However the encounter was just one off and the hotel is great. Cheap and high standard. Probably the admin cut her wage to make it cheap! Wouldve been a 5star if not for her. This shows that a receptionist holds the image of the hotel to a visitor.

3  Thank Tan H
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I learnt about trip advisor earlier today, I wish I had earlier.
I stayed in the aparthotel in the first week of June 2010 for 4 days.
During that time, I specifically requested that no cleaners were to enter the room.
The one time the apartment completely empty of people for any period of time, the cleaners entered the room.
When I returned, to my horror, all my money which had been in my room was stolen. In excess of €300.
When I complained to management, they didn't want to deal with me.
The next day, the manager knocked on my door and stored into my apartment.
He marched me out to the balcony and pointed down.
In the garden below were 3 playing cards. THREE CARDS...
He said I was a liar and that the cleaners had to be paid to pick up the three playing cards.
Needless to say he and the cleaners were as guilty as sin and no matter what I said or did, I wasn't getting my money back.

On the actual apartment itself, it is ok but the poor lighting in the corridors at night is dreadful.

Patrick Ryan.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Paddy R
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

modern building at 10 minutes walking dist from old town. Well equiped kitchen, 24h guarded building and parking place. Several german and few english TV channels, very good wifi in rooms. Entrance door of rooms is armored like Fort Knox, don't forget your key in the locker inside the room, otherwise you will be charged for locksmith. Middle of the road, Good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Great appartment,great location,very spacious and very modern. If you are looking for a economic and convenient place to stay in Prague,this is it. The city centre is not far,you can even walk there. Very pleased about this stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends