Open today: 8:00 AM - 12:00 AM

Ways to Experience Prague Food Tour
from $138.83
More Info
1,220 results
All reviews czech culture small group excellent guide old town leona george beer
Selected filters
Reviewed March 22, 2017

We spent a Monday afternoon with Leona and a small group of strangers, sampling the traditional food and rink of Prague. I have to admit I was a little skeptical about this whole thing; I had traveled to several countries and frankly never enjoyed this sort of thing. Boy, was I in for a treat. I won't spoil the details of the trip, but let's just say Leona is engaging, warm, knowledgable, and curious about her guests. This is going to make me sound like a Gremlin: I'm a Larry David-esque introvert (really, get me out of a party after 45 minutes) and have a good number of allergies, but Leona was really good about identifying food aversions ahead of time, giving us a sense of the duration of the trip, and offering us some sights to enjoy around Prague in advance of meeting for our tour. Our well-paced and thorough tour easily grew into a meaningful cultural exchange through conversation. On a trip full of highlights, this one is worth shouting out. We will not soon forget Leona's competence and warmth. Excellent, excellent tour. Enjoy.

Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing time on our food tour in Prague last week, it really was a highlight of our trip. George was a fantastic and informative guide, and the food and drinks were delicious! George gave us lots of interesting information about the food and city, and took us to authentic restaurants that helped us gain more of an insight into Prague's history. Many thanks, we would definitely recommend this tour!

Reviewed March 22, 2017

We ate at 4 different locations. The food was varied and the pacing was excellent. I never felt overly stuffed as I have done on previous tours. George catered to our groups dietary restrictions without any issue. We started with a traditional meal at a restaurant with modest portions (our preference) a soup and a meat dish. It was delicious. Our next stop was a famous Prague beer hall. They lost our reservation so we had to sit in the back, but otherwise it was a wonderful experience. The vegetarian option was just a greek salad, but the fried cheeses, the sauces, the beers, the ham and the beef carpaccio more than made up for this. Even a non beer drinker in our group ordered a beer and thoroughly loved it. Our next stop was a cocktail bar. The service was exceptional and drinks sublime. I've never had an absinthe so delicious and smooth. This was a highlight for us. The last stop for dessert was refined and relaxed. We would absolutely recommend this tour to any one!

Date of experience: February 2017
Reviewed March 22, 2017 via mobile

We booked this tour before we arrived in Prague and it ended up just being my hubby and I that evening so we had George all to ourselves. George was great and very informative, not just on food, but the culture and history as well. We did however end up going to one of the places on the tour the day before but as it was good, it did not matter. The best stop was for cocktails and proper Absinth. We enjoyed it so much ended up back there the following evening for more scrumpy drinks. I would recommend this tour to anyone. Keep up the good work George.

Reviewed March 6, 2017

If you are interested in learning more about Czech food and Prague, take this tour. You will not regret it! The food and drinks were delicious and George (our guide) was extremely informative. As a vegetarian, I didn't think there would be much for me to eat, but George had options for me at each stop. I was extremely full by the end of the tour. Great amount of food for the price. Also, George provided a map after the tour on which he marked suggested places and restaurants to visit for the remainder of my stay. I really cannot say enough good things about this tour. Best thing I did in Prague!