“Absolutely marvelous!”

Hotel Residence Agnes
Ranked #1 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I stayed here for 5 days as a solo traveler. This beautiful 22 room boutique hotel was charming, very clean (if that matters, as it does to me) with modern amenities. The staff was extremely well trained, and was helpful and friendly without being intrusive. The owner, Frank, was on site every day and seemed to work as hard as everyone else, which was lovely to see. The location of Residence Agnes is prime, providing the perfect combination of serenity (being down a small side street) with convenience (10 minutes walk to the center of town). A superb breakfast was served in the mornings. Like may other reviewers, I can't say enough about this hotel and how it helped to make my visit to Prague a memorable, exceptional experience.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Sharda S
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Hello Sharda S,

we are grateful for your time to share your experience at Residence Agnes . I am really happy reading that you have enjoyed your stay and appreciated the hospitality and personalized service of my team. Thank you very much and I am looking forward welcoming you back sometimes in the future.

Greetings from Prague.Frank,Linda,Natalie,Zbyšek,Radka,Magda,Martin,Mates.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,339)

Reviewed August 18, 2014

The hotel is right in the middle of the old town. We have just stayed 3 nights with Frank and his staff and found they were professional, friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. We were met in the lobby by Frank and Radka and provided immediately with drinks - I did not like the Chardonnay so Frank purchased a Pinot Gris! Of course, no charge! We were briefed on the hotel procedures - breakfast etc, places to go, we were offered tours, suggested good restaurants etc. On the 2nd day Frank drove us and our guide to the Prague Castle so we wouldn't have to walk up and when we left he drove us to the train station. And the icing on the cake was a box of Czech chocolates on our bed the day before we left. The staff work as a team and nothing is too much trouble. Finally, our room was on the ground floor right off the lobby. I was concerned about noise but was assured that " we don't have noisy guests" and they were right - it was very quiet and no steps!

Thank you Frank and your team for a wonderful experience.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Not a lot really. I was concerned that the reviews were too good and that we would be disappointed – this was not the case at all.

We arrived on the day of my birthday and as we checked in we were brought a bottle of fizz to help with the celebrations!!! (We had already been given a complimentary glass of wine and beer!!).

The Kampa Park restaurant was recommended by Magda and Linda (one of Frank’s favourites)and booked for my birthday meal in the evening (Magda did forget to do this but I checked it on our way back in from the Old Town Square at tea time and her colleague very kindly made the booking for us). A complimentary car was arranged to take us to the restaurant. We had a great evening.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff at the Agnes. There was always a welcoming face whenever we returned from our days or nights out. Cars were arranged, restaurants were booked, complimentary lifts were given. A complimentary drink was offered every time we came back to the hotel and we had flowers and wine in our room. Outstanding service.

One morning we did not go down for breakfast as we had had a very late night the night before and they were very willing to lets us have breakfast late. Very kind of them.
If we ever visit Prague again we will not be able to stay in any other hotel as this will be the hotel we would be comparing the others to. Prague is a beautiful city and well worth a visit but please ensure you stay at the Residence Agnes to enhance your visit.

When I was asked by my hubbie if I had anything to complain about and I answered no he was quite shocked. I have exacting standards and they are very rarely met by a restaurant or hotel. Not so in this case. I could not find fault at all.

Many thanks to Frank and his wonderful team for a truly enjoyable stay – this made my birthday very special.

Room Tip: We had room 306 and it was a lovely room.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2014

Gimmie a break! How can all these glowing reviews possibly be real? "Best Hotel Ever" "Above and Beyond". Well you can believe it because it is all true. Being this nice 24x7 would drive me crazy, but they manage to do it all with a smile. Go there! You will love it.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We chose this hotel because it was rated #1 and it did not disappoint. The reviews are true!! Frank and his staff did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable and the couldn't do enough for us. The lobby area was a gathering place at breakfast and early evening where we enjoyed completmentary beer, wine, espresso and chatted with the other guests. Breakfast had a huge variety. Our room was on the top floor and very quiet and kept cool with the AC.

Prague is beautiful and the Hotel Residence Agnes made our trip fantastic!! Thank you Frank.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy W
Reviewed August 15, 2014

I stayed here for a week in early August. From the moment that I was picked up from the airport, to the moment that I was dropped off at the airport everything at this hotel was the best. I appreciated the welcoming talk with Magdalena about the places in town and ideas of what I could do. I had lots of things planned and she gave amazing advice. For instance I had a reserved an EBike trip for the coming up Thursday. Magdalena agreed that an Ebike tour was something that I should do, but that the one that I had planned was by the castle. There was another company that was literally one minute away. I promptly chose this company to go with, and Frank had his daughter walk me over the following morning. When I arrived early in the morning I was not expecting my room to be ready, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was. In fact Magdalena let me choose which room I wanted since they were not fully booked. That was a really nice touch, and I got to see two different rooms. The breakfast in the morning was plentiful and good. I looked forward to making myself a cappuccino and a nutella crepe each morning. The location is perfect it is about a ten minute walk to the Old Town Square. The entire time that I was in Prague I walked everywhere, due to the great location. Anything that I asked of the staff at the hotel was readily answered and done. I appreciated them booking two half day trips for me. Everyone was very thoughtful and genuinely seemed to want to help me. The day that I went to Kutna Hora, Frank said that I would need a lunch packed for when I got hungry. They fixed me a lovely little lunch that was very yummy. I did not bring an adapter and they had one for me to use while I was there. Another great thing is that they will convert your money for you, at a really great rate. After a long day of touring the city I was happy to walk back to the pink hotel each night. If you crave a snack they have fresh fruit available, and cute little lollipops as well. If you are thinking about where to stay, then you do not have to look any further. This is the best option for you.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed August 14, 2014

When thinking of the Hotel Residence Agnes, the word Hotel disappears from your mind and the word Residence moves to the forefront. I was traveling with my wife and my 81 year old parents (who had never been to Europe before), and we were all struck by how hard Frank (owner) and his staff would do everything in their power to accommodate their guests. You really feel as though they are life long friends in a very short time. We had two fabulous meals as a result of recommendations by the staff and my parents were ready to adopt Frank after he repeatedly drove us (in his private car) to save them from walking. Breakfast was superb and the wine served in the lobby in the evening was also delicious. Thank you Frank, Martin, Natalie and the rest of the staff for making Prague the favorite stop in our trip!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family