“Wonderful Hotel”

Hotel Residence Agnes
Ranked #1 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 12, 2014

You cannot go wrong staying at this hotel if you are vacationing in Prague. The hotel is ideally located for sightseeing. It is on a quiet street away from the crowds but only a five minute walk to the Old Town Square. The day starts with a very gracious and generous breakfast with a variety of fresh fruit, pastries, eggs, sausages, etc. The staff is very knowledgeable about the city and they will check with you to see if they can be of any help in planning your day. When you return from a day of sightseeing they will offer you a complementary beverage (beer, wine, espresso, tea). The accommodations are very comfortable, clean and attractive. What really makes the Hotel Residence Agnes special are the owner and the staff. They make it their mission to ensure that you enjoy your stay in the hotel and Prague. My wife and I stayed there five nights and at the end of each day we felt like we were coming home.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 204. It had a nice view of a narrow street. Even though it overlooked the lobby...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steven S
Write a ReviewReviews (3,289)

Reviewed April 12, 2014

The service is truly five star, the rooms delightful, and the location ideal. We stayed here five nights. Upon arrival we were welcomed with drinks and a complete orientation. Our room was clean, quiet, and so comfortable--we slept great! The breakfast buffet, included in the price, was one of the best we've ever experienced with a wide variety of delicious choices. We were offered rides to whatever sightseeing we wanted to do and the first day the owner personally gave us a 1/2 hours tour. When we got back to our room, there was a box of cookies waiting for us too! Reasonably priced and with such excellent service, this hotel is a dream come true.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Residence Agnes is a wonderful hotel- we will certainly be back. If you are coming to Prague, stay here! You will not regret it. Everyone who works at the hotel is incredibly nice, generous, and friendly. Dinner and tour reservations were quickly arranged with ease. Our room was a very nice size, the bed extremely comfortable, and we were given a complimentary bottle of wine, chocolates, and roses our first night. The breakfast is above and beyond- coffee and espresso are delicious. Very comfortable atmosphere, the staff made us feel at home right away. We received complimentary car service to local sights and to the airport. Location is superb- only a 5-10 minute pleasant walk to the Old Town Square. Our only regret- that we could not stay longer!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fcash10
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stay at this hotel and you'll have a great vacation. I guarantee it.

The room was setup as we wished. My friend and I were offered drinks as soon as we stepped in. Rides to and from major points of interest. Bottle service, cleanliness, wifi and most importantly: the assurance that they would provide anything we asked for.

-EA

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014

Based on other reviews I expected everything to be well done in the hotel, on par with a very good hotel. I guess I am a bit of a pessimist because with the service we received I kept thinking that maybe I accidentally signed up for a higher rate or maybe the staff thought I was someone important. From my observations they treated everyone the same, the entire staff was very nice and always went out of their way to help you or answer questions. In writing this, I attempted to come up with something negative just to balance out the review. All I could come up with was that if you like your hotel staff to be more aloof and you prefer that they never talk to you then this hotel might not be for you. The room we were in was a good size for a small family. Our room had a bed that seemed larger than a king and a chair that pulled out to a single bed. Overall a great experience. I would stay here again and I would definitely recommend to friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2014

just returned from the most amazing hotel ever. Staff and proprieter absolutely amazing. Nothing was too much trouble. rooms immaculate. fresh flowers. bathrooms spotless. complimentary drinks whenever required. free pick up and return to airport if you book directly with hotel. Free taxi to take you anywhere you want to to (and there were 10 of us)! Everything of high quality - breakfast to die for, fresh fruit, cereals, cooked breakfast, continental, range of coffees and teas, and juices. Cannot wait to go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, we had deluxe room which is larger, but all rooms were great. huge comforta...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2014

If my friends will ever ask for my recommendation in the future, my answer will be: go, go, go.

It's not because of the room (which is big, clean and new), it's not because of the location (which is in the center of Prague and close to everything) it's because of the service. I'd been in many hotels around the world, five stars and backpackers, but I never had such a good experience with the service I received from the staff. Anything that I will points out will only derogate from their treatment.Therefore I will just said that without any hesitation,in my next trip to Prague I will return to this hotel.

If I must point out one thing that I missed in this hotel, is the lack of fitness room, but although I'm always looking for a fitness room during my stays, it will not change my decision to come back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Room 102 could be noisy, as it is close to the lobby. The rooms on the higher floors are much quiet...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business