“Perfect :)”

Hotel Residence Agnes
Ranked #1 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I booked Residence Agnes for my partners 50th Birthday as a surprise, Prague is somewhere we have always wanted to go but never got round to it. Before arriving the hotel emailed me and asked if I wanted anything organising prior to our arrival, I asked about transfers from the airport to which I was told that they would send a car for us, at no charge and that we could sort out transfer back once we were there. I also asked if there was any 'extras' I could purchase for my partners birthday to which they said they would sort something but it would be a gift from the hotel! Needless to say the tripadvisor reviews and friendly emails had me so excited about our upcoming trip...

Upon arriving there was a car waiting at the airport, as promised. A short trip in to the city and we arrived at the hotel. It was gorgeous, clean, spacious, beautifully decorated, homely with a hint of luxury. Our cases were taken from us and we were offered complimentary drinks whilst we booked in. The lovely receptionist sat with us and went through the map giving directions to various attractions and tips on places to eat and have coffee etc. Shortly after this we went up to our room.

Our room was no.204. It was beautifully decorated with tasteful furniture, very high ceilings, gorgeous big windows. The bathroom was huge, big walk in shower and all very clean. The room was cleaned and towels changed daily and fresh flowers put in the room on two occasions during our four night stay which was a lovely touch.

The breakfast was absolutely fantastic, definitely the best I have ever had in a hotel! It was served from 0730 - 1030 daily and didn't matter what time we got up for it, there was no shortage of choice; cereals, yoghurts, fruit, salad, cold meats, cheeses, breads, toast, jams, pastries, cakes, pancakes, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, fried eggs, sausages, bacon, beans... then fruit juices, tea, fruit tea, all different types of coffee, hot chocolate and all tasted wonderful!

The hotel gave us champagne and chocolate coins on the day of my partners birthday which was a really thoughtful touch. Every time we returned to the hotel from our days exploring we were offered tea, coffee, wine, beer etc. Before we went out each day we were asked if w had any questions or needed anything, which again was really thoughtful and never pushy or over bearing.

On one morning Frank drove us to the Castle which again is just another example of how the hotel go out of their way to please their guests. The morning of our last day we checked out and our luggage was looked after for us as we went out for our last walk in the beautiful city. Upon our return we were again given drinks and our pre ordered car back to the airport arrived. We said our goodbyes and upon arriving at the airport the driver would accept no money insisting that the hotel had sorted it.

An absolutely fantastic stay, we are already looking at returning to Prague next year and wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else. Residence Agnes is a gorgeous hotel and the staff are absolutely fantastic. See you all next year!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachy M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Residence Agnes

Reviewed October 17, 2013

After 6 weeks travelling in Europe and staying at some very nice hotels, Agnes was unquestionably the best. Complimentary transfer from the airport, free drinks including especially nice house wines, a good breakfast and very helpful staff. Finally, a very comfortable room.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

If I were to put in one sentence, I would say: "that's the hotel to stay in Prague". One of the best treatment I have ever received ever in any hotel, going far beyond what is expected from an hotel. I don't know how they manage their staff, but there is something special there. We felt welcome and pleased all the time. They even drove us to an attraction at no cost, although I said I could go walking. By the way, the room and bathroom were also very good.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My husband, a couple of friends and I stayed at this hotel for two nights last week. Everything was just perfect. The location is great and the neighboorhood seens to be really safe. The rooms are clean, spacious and confortable. The hotel has cosy and warm athmophere due the its extremely helpful and gentle staff! I definitely will stay there again and recommend to all my friend who want to go to Prague.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Friends and I stayed at the hotel for 5 nights to celebrate a special birthday. From the free pick up at the airport through to the return to the airport, everything about the hotel was excellent. Special thanks to Frank and all his staff who always went the extra mile whether at breakfast, recommending a restaurant or the much appreciated glass of their superb wine before we hit the town. On my birthday, we had a wonderful with Buck's Fizz supplied by the hotel. Rooms were very comfortable and the hotel location was perfect as it allowed to easily explore all the sites of Prague. All and all the trip was fabulous.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a small issue at first. We were supposed to have complimentary pick-up from the train station but I didn't get a response to my e-mails the few days before we left the US so I wasn't surprised when no one was there to greet us. I called the hotel and they had someone there within 10 minutes (and explained they were very sorry but never received my e-mails).

I was all ready to be upset but when we arrived the amazing Viktoria made everything better! She has the right mix of professional and caring that made us feel so welcome and important. She offered us a welcome drink (my husband accepted a beer and really liked it. I had water) and took about 20 minutes to go over the hotel, the area, show us lots of recommendations on a map and answer questions. She was amazing every time we needed her and she helped make our stay so wonderful. The rest of the staff is also very attentive and it makes the stay that much better. Frank drove us and another couple to the monastery and when we tried to offer him a tip he refused and we had the same experience with our driver back to the train station - they said it was part of the hotel services.

We needed an iron and they do have one to borrow if you ask at the desk. The room was great and the free wifi was really nice. The hotel is in a great location - a very quiet street but within walking distance to so much.

We can't recommend this hotel enough!

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is one of the nicest places we've stayed. Our room (for 3 people) was lovely, very clean, and looked recently remodeled. Our room was on the 3rd floor at the back and very quiet. The bathroom is modern and very fresh. The location is excellent. We walked almost everywhere. The owner and his staff are incredible. They take the time to give ideas of places to see, will recommend and arrange dinner reservations, will arrange pick up and delivery to the airport and train, and are very warm and friendly. They encourage people to gather in the lobby at the end of the day with wine, coffee, and tea. We would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple