“Marvellous stay”

Hotel Residence Agnes
Ranked #1 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a romantic weekend in Prague and Hotel Residence Agnes was excellent choice. It is close to the City Centre, but quiet. The staff is amazing! They are helpful, kind and always-smiling people. Nothing is the issue. Room was clean, large enough and well equipped. Breakfast is one of the best we have ever had. It is worth for the money!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Vojtech A
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Vojtěch,

Thank you very much for the nice commentary that you sent us to the Tripadvisorsite.I know,that you have been with us for the second time and I hope that it was not a last time.We are looking forward now for your next early visit:).
Have a beautifull summer.

Staff of Residence Agnes.

Hi!

I spent four wonderful days at Agnes with my mother and sister. My mother is 86 years old and was treated like a queen! From the moment we arrived we were met with kindness and interest and the best service!! We were served tea and coffe when ever we desired and when my mother had to skip a planned bus trip she was treated with a chocolate box as consolation! In the mornings as well as in the evenings there was always personnel to ask questions and we could ask for "a private" taxi by Agnes' own driver, Frank. The hotel breakfast is very good! A close by restaurant is a genuine chech restaurant but also many close by restaurants serve inetrnational food (at the central square in the Old Town)
The beds were comfortable and the cleaning perfect. Also and very importantly, Hotel Agnes is located in the middle of the oldest and most beautiful quarters of Prague. We could walk all over the old town. We had beautiful flowers on the table when we arrived and a bottle of wine!
I can truly recommend this hotel in Prague. We will definotely go back there!
Elisabeth Pousette in Stockholm

Room Tip: We had a room towards a calm inner yard and I think all rooms are located like that. Calm and nice
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisenofia3

Dear ladies from Stockholm,

thank you so much for such a lovely review here on TripAdvisor! We are really happy to read that you had wonderful time while staying with us in Prague . We believe that service makes all the difference and it is truly great to read such a positive feedback on our service.We try to do for our guests the best and we hope,that the guests,and you too,will remember us for a long time :)

Best regards to you and to your mum,she was really brave and incredibly fit :))

See you soon at Agnes,Natalie,Frank,Nely,Linda,Zbyšek,Bára,Radka.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My stay there was very enjoyable, clean rooms, hardy breakfast; all the staff very friendly and helpful. Would recommend Residence Agnes to all my family and friends. The location was perfect for walking to the sites and shopping. They will even drive you to the castle at no charge!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank leigh c

Dear Leigh,

thank you so much for the positive feedback you did write about us on the tripadvisor pages.For our exellent guests an exellent service:)Only weather this year is not cooperating with us.
We are glad that you will remember Prague and I hope, the time for your next visit comes as soon as possible :)

Yours sincerely,Natalie,Nely,Radka,Zbyšek,Bára,Linda and Frank.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I always agonize about where to stay whenever we travel. This time the decision was up to me for both my husband and myself--and another couple who was joining us from Germany so the pressure was on. The good news is that I definitely made the best decision and have no regrets whatsoever. To begin with it was a wonderful amenity that we were picked up for no charge at the airport after an international flight from the US....(I'm not sure if that perk is always available but we did stay for 4 nights each so it was included) It is always nice to walk out of an airplane and find someone waiting for you. Once we arrived at the hotel (about 5 in the afternoon) Frank who I think is the owner/manager ran down the street and brought us both a large mug of local beer. I can honestly say that has never, ever happened to us before. And that is just an example of the kind and generous service that we received throughout our stay. My husband said repeatedly, "We have NEVER been treated so by hotel employees anywhere before." They were constantly friendly, helpful and accommodating. The hotel is also in a great location--a short walk to the main square and the bridge. We walked everywhere and never needed the taxi or even a tram. Another thing that was exceptional and very nice was that our room had a live plant in it--and on the second day there was a vase with a rose. Very classy. Plus, they gave us a free bottle of wine in the room which we drank with our friends in the lobby area one evening. The only reason I didn't rate this hotel excellent is that our room was a little on the small side--and we paid for a deluxe room so I can't imagine what the size of the regular rooms would be. The bathroom was lovely and modern but my husband barely fit in it. The bed was comfortable but there was no top sheet and the quilt topping was much warmer than I prefer to sleep with. Also, we requested a quiet room and we were put on the top floor--which was fine--except that we were at the front of the hotel and there was some street noise. Again, the service here was exceptional and did I even mention the breakfast? It was the BEST included hotel breakfast buffet we have ever experienced. For those reasons I highly recommend a stay in this hotel. P.S. our friends from Germany also LOVED this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kg92253
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Guests kg92253,

First of all I would like to thank you very very much for taking your time to post such a kind and amazing review of Residence Agnes. I am glad that you enjoyed you stay in Prague as much as possible and I hope it was not your last visit here and we see you and your friends very soon again.

We are lucky enough to work as a team and mainly we all are coming to work excited to meet our guests again and I believe thats what makes the atmosphere in our hotel special and relaxing as well. Sometimes is here also little bit fun:)Is not it?

To your room,I am so sorry you were not so much satisfied with your attic room. I just want to tell you and also to another visitors a few words.
It is really not the smallest room in our hotel,we have smaller,but every room looks different.Your room was located on the top floor, these rooms are in the attic, the lowered ceiling, admit that the room looks smaller and then really cramped, but one of the honeymoon rooms :), are decorated differently and I think that very romantic.Standart rooms are mostly located in the basement.

Next time we do it better:)) Just do not hesitate to tell us about any problems, nothing is impossible for us and everything can be resolved.

Have a great time and best regards to sunny California from rainy Prague and also best regards to your friends from Germany.
Natalie

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Residence Agnes really is that gem we all hope to discover, but rarely find. It's a fabulous family-run, 22 room, boutique hotel, where attention to detail and approach to customer relations is truly outstanding. I have stayed in many 5* hotels in my home city (Dubai), and whilst their Customer Relations and helpfulness are very good, they lack the personal touch that was in abundance from the owner and staff at Residence Agnes. (For example: I have never stayed anywhere before where the owner of the Hotel puts down his Hoover, only to run to his car to drive his guests to a castle, give a guided tour on the way, and a recommendation for lunch). The hotel is located in a quieter area but only about 250/-300m from the old town square. There is a small selection of great-quality restaurants within 100m of the hotel, including a Michelin-starred restaurant just across the road. - Our lasting memory? - Arriving as guests, leaving as friends. Priceless!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Russell-DXB
ResidenceAgnes, Manager at Hotel Residence Agnes, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear Russel,

Thank you very much for all the kind words following your stay with us. All the team was delighted to read that your stay with us and especially the staff service and hotel location were so enjoyable. (including this Michelin star restaurant)
If you will be boring with sun in Dubai, so come to enjoy a little bit rain with us.We look forward to having the chance to welcome you back in the near future!

Best regards team of Residence Agnes .

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Having booked this hotel based on reviews on Tripadvisor, I was trying to keep my expectations low. But right from the time I emailed them for a booking, everything was prompt and flawless. Linda and Frank (and their team) were amazing in all aspects. It is very difficult to find an equivalent in service, at least in Europe!! The room was very spacious, even though there were three of us. The breakfast was amazing, as was the wifi. The all day supply of coffee, tea and even beer was simply overwhelming. Having traveled quite a bit all across the world, I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any traveler wanting to stay in Prague!!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 2nd floor (303) and it was very quite and peaceful. In any case, there are no...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel Agnes location is excellent. Hotel is very comfortable, but above all, the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful. Breakfast is delicious with good variety. We can warmly recommend to all visitors.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple