Aureus Clavis Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$169
$316
$240
Preferred Hotels
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This is a very 3rd rate place - basic and acceptable only if you are looking for that kind of thing. We were booked into it not by choice but thru a last minute cancellation of a B and B. Never would have chosen to stay there. No reception ( a buzzer that calls a nice waiter from their bar), no room cleaning, no sheets - a cloth on a bare matress, no service, no phone. Smells greasy. Serves a basic high carb breakfast. Asked when "sheet" would be changed and told "after 6 days." Iffy internet WiFi. Their pictures and description of their place make it look great, but in reality no so. Just don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a very poor place in people dont feel comfortable. It is refurbished with old and smelly furniture beds included, guess they got it from some old flat house for eviction. Things which want to be artefacts in rooms and around are rubish. If you want to save money just dont go here.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lukkas71
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I have been a housekeeper for two years and now I am a receptionist in one of the british hotels, so I think I know what standards should look like.

Pros:
- Location!
- Clean bathroom.
- Staff nice enough.
- Mattress was quite comfortable..

Cons:
I've made a list. I was in room 301.
- First impression very poor. Reception is in fact a small room with a desk in it. It is very rarely covered and open only 9-20.
- No lift whatsoever so good luck carrying those heavy bags of yours up the stairs.
- Public areas look very poor and cheap.
- If your first move after entering the rooms is turning on the light - good luck again. The main switch is pointless as there is no light hanging from the ceiling! What you get is 4 standing lamps in the main room, and 2 in the second one.
- Dont look under the bed! Its scary! I found a pair of dirty old socks and lots and lots of dust. What will YOU find?
- The socket near my side of the bed did not work. But apparently, staff knew about that because I found the extension laying near.
- If you close the door to the other room you will see a huge gap between the floor and the door itself. And I mean huge. 15cm? Something like that.
- Take a look through the window. Beautiful, isnt it? Ugly building in the opposite and a roof. Great.
- Two pieces of toilet paper were tucked into the glass shelf holder in the bathroom to prevent it from falling down.
- Bathroom was quite clean, but when you look in the toilet ou can see a residue has builded up at the bottom. Bleh.
- Taking a shower was very frustrating. Water pressure nonexistent and the temperature was changing all the time even without touching the tap.
Shower's drain was leaking so every time someone took a shower, there was a huge pool on the bathroom floor. Once, we left this to be cleaned. It was, but only in the middle of the bathroom. Water was still present behind the door.
- Towels we got were dirty.
- The double bed was made up from two single ones and there were single sheets for every bed. The bad thing was that those sheets were too small! There was no way to tuck them under the mattress. So, one shift during the night was enough to end up sleeping on a bare mattress. And you will not like that (dirty, and all the guests sleep that way I guess, so not very hygienic).
- For the breakfast you always get the same set. And that is: coffee (worst coffee I have ever tasted, really), milk, cereals, tea, one type of cheese, two types of ham, butter, scrambled eggs, sausages, jam, honey, not-so-fresh bread, orange and apple juice and thats it. Every day was the same. Every one. To make the things worse, breakfast is served till 10.30, and we were down at 10, and there was not much left for us to eat! No scrambled eggs, no bread, no clean plates, Plates with ham empty.
- The hotel is under-staffed. Heavily so. The same person worked at the restaurant, at the reception, and as a housekeeper. Can you imagine?
- My mother said she has been woken up at 5 am by people upstairs walking around.
- You can forget about the hairdryer.
- The parking for your car is 20 min away from the hotel up the steep hill. And you still have to pay for it.

That's all I can think of right now.
The worst things were the shower, the socks under the bed, the breakfast, and those damn sheets that kept falling down. Tried to be as helpful as possible.
My advice? Dont go there if the location is not so important for you. If it is - I warned you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

decent location right by the prague castle, and st. nicholas church. rooms were spacious and well appointed. however, i stayed in 2 different rooms, and both had rather different bathrooms. almost as if one had been renovated and the other not yet. there is no air conditioning, so it's kinda warm in the summer. no major complains

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank TrinaWong
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We booked this hotel online, the Pictures looked Amazing,cozy and I was Excited! I loved Prague its romantic,theres soo much too see, but not in this hotel, I didnt know where the front desk was! no one was really around the rooms were confusing! Once inside there were No pictures on the walls, It was really HOT and no fans! the shower was taped up and the Sprayer was broken, as was the shower door! I had my kids with me and there was no TV in the room it was soo boring to go back in there! Creepy! the windows were really high up, there was one to look out of, it was like being in a basement! we wanted to shop before check out and the Manager/Owner would not let us store our luggage until exactly check out which we didn't have enough time to walk and come back to do this, he spoke some english and he was just like Nope can't store your bags til check out. well by then we were ready to go! Gee Thanks guy..Parking was a 20+ min walk up hill, where we just got our car, came all the way back and checked out! I wouldn't stay here again, and the pictures on line..were not what it looked like "when we got there' I was very disappointed. A thrown together hotel..didnt care about making the guest comfortable.Tho Prague is wonderful! not the Aureus Clavis Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family