“Great hotel and amazing service! No frills but great service, and very clean!”

Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square
Ranked #225 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Location: IP Pavlova is a very short walk away.
It is not in wenceslas square but it is not a bad walk, and their subway system is wonderful and cheap.
They have paid parking. I think it was $25/night. Not bad. Breakfast was great. Rooms were beyond clean. But the best of all was the service. I sent a pair of pants to the cleaners and they were not properly. As soon as I informed the front desk they apologized and voided the charge.
Price was great. I am definitely staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank TravelingCoupleNY
EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for your positive feedback you posted on Tripadvisor. Especially your remark concerning the staff is very valuable for me as this is currently the main point where our effort is concentrated.
I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your trip to Prague and stay in our hotel and I am looking forward to welcome you back.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square

Reviewed January 15, 2013

There's something good about staying in a Ibis, wherever you are: you know exactly what you're paying for. The room was good and clean. This hotel is not near to the Prague historic center, but it's close to a metro station and a tram stop. Unfortunately, they give us (me and my girlfriend) two single beds instead of a double bed.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
EvaPaskova, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. Thank you as well for the feedback you gave us. It is very important for us to have the opinion directly from our guests. Thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay and it is my hope to have the chance to welcome you back again.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Staff at the front desk are very friendly and helpful and speak perfect English, first impressions of the room was that it was small but neat. The bathroom is a bit small but fits the size of the room. The bed was pretty average, a thick foam mattress with a thin one on top, and the pillows are atrocious lumpy things.

The climate control in the room left a bit to be desired, we visited in winter and were continuously waking up at night because we were hot, with no adjustment on the temperature dial making any difference.

Breakfast is absolutely appalling, the highlight of which is the yogurt and tinned pineapple - stay away from the boiled/fried hot dog sausages and processed lunch meats meant to substitute for cold cuts of ham etc.

The hotel is in great spot, walking distance to I.P. Pavlova metro station, 2 stops from the main train station. Only about 10-15 mins walk from the Old Town so away from the tourist mayhem a bit. The room was decent for the price but let down by the pillows and heating. Breakfast should be avoided whatever it takes, go to the bakery just up the road instead.

• Stayed: January 2013
IbisWS, General Manager at Ibis Praha Wenceslas Square, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for sharing your review on Tripadvisor. Thank you as well for the feedback you gave us. It is important for us to have the opinion directly from our guests. Thank you very much for having chosen our hotel for your stay and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Prague.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

My Husband and I went for our Christmas vacation, we spent there 4 nights on BB bases,Terrible 4 nights rooms are sooooo small,with a bad toilet ,not up to standards when it comes to hygiene, not a good value for money ...People lack smiles there, i don't know why..
Breakfast wasn't bad had a variety of items.I recommend that you avoid it as much as you can

1  Thank SarahL8Egypt

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I really regret you did not enjoy the stay in our hotel and thank you also for the feedback you gave us!! Anyhow I hope you enjoyed your trip to Prague and your vacation!!!

With kind regards

Reviewed January 2, 2013

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I stayed in summer and the bed was very comfortable but the room was very small same with the bathroom not really enough room for luggage as we had Backpacks. The walk to the old town was manageable though on the way back is quite steep uphill, there is food options near by that are fine though I didn't find anything particularly special. Overall I would say it is a decent place to stay but if you are looking for something special this isn't it.

Room Tip: If you plan on spending time in your room don't get the twin as there is no room to walk around...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Prague and thank you for having chosen our hotel for your stay. I will look forward to your next visit!