“great location and value”
Review of Perla Hotel

Perla Hotel
Ranked #124 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel at the end of April. It's a pretty boutique hotel that is within walking distance of almost everything. The staff was friendly and helpful and spoke pretty good English. The room was adequate in size with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast served each morning in the bar area had plenty of good choices so we could fill up and get on with our day. I would definitely recommend this for someone who wants to be in a good area and doesn't want to pay too much.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room overlooking the street and it got a little noisy at times, but not bad. You migh...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dears, thank you so much for taking the time and sharing your experience about our hotel. We are very glad that you had overall positive impression. Sorry about the noice from the street. But I can imagine that after all sightseeing you might be so tired that you slept well. I wish you all the best while traveling to next destinations. With best regards, Tomas

Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was a great hotel and very friendly staff. the hotel was very close to all the attractions which is very handy after a long day out and about.

The hotel was very clean and had good facilities and a good choice at breakfast.

Only drawback was that it was very noisy from the street on a night but to be fair this would be the same with any city centre hotel in Prague.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dears, thank you so much for your feedback. Yes, the city centre has the disadvantage of some noice. I am very glad for your fair comment. Wishing you only positive experience while traveling. Best regards, Tomas

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Very well located hotel, furnished in modern fashion and staff polite and helpful. Rooms though on the small side are clean and well furnished with efficient air conditioning. Good choice of hot and cold dishes available for breakfast in pleasant dining room. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms to the front can be affected by noise rising up from the street below. After a sleep inter...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. We are also aware of some noice comming sometimes from the street and our security is instructed to run out to calm the people, drivers etc. But you can imagine how difficult this is. Still, thank you so much, and have positive experience during your future travels. Best regards. Tomas

Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was the second time we stayed in Prague, and this hotel was great!

The hotel it'self is quite small, the rooms are basic, compact but very stylishly decorated and clean. It seemed quite new and my husband and I had no problems at all while we were there.

The breakfast was nice, continental style, and plenty of it but the dining room was very busy so probably best you dont leave going down to the last minute.

The best bit about this hotel was that it is a 5 minute walk to the Old Town square, we couldnt belive we were so close!! There was a market in the strre right next to the hotel which we enjoyed a wander around and loved that we were so close to so many lovely restaurants and bars. We felt safe walking back and forth, even late at night.

For the price, the location of this hotel is great, we will definetly stay here again next time we visit Prague.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for such a positive review. I am glad you were happy with our hotel service and location. Tomas - gen.manager

Reviewed April 5, 2013

A very cute setting, with all the pearls. The room seemed like a floating box with one wall practically being a window...very special and full of light. Not a big room but very cosy and comfortable. Very very kind and helpful staff. Breakfast was great, stylish and good. After Eurostars David, which was a let down, it seemed like a perfect hotel....
Fantastic position.
The price was a bit high because of Easter, otherwise, real good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your very positive responce. This is very important to us and gives us new motivation. All the best to you during your next tours. Best regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have to say that I'm suprised and a bit shocked about the positive reviews that I've seen here. That's a big reason why I chose the hotel and I was mightily disappointed.

- The bed was awful - weak springs that left you sinking in to the bed. The pad on top of the springs was very thin, so you could feel the springs in your back, even though they were very flexible. The bed was also inclined so that my other foot kept dropping of the bed... The pillow was among the worst that I've experienced - large, extremely soft, pliable and formless, giving no support of any kind for the neck.

- The AC was restricted to 23-30 degrees celsius, making the room too way hot even at minimum setting (and if you switched the AC completely off, the room went too cold, because it was -9C outside). On top of the lousy bed and horrible pillow, the improper room temperature made sleeping quite difficult.

- There was no mininbar/fridge in the room, so now way to keep drinks or snacks cold/fresh.

- Cigarette smoke kept entering the room and the room had a constant musky aroma (I'm guessing from the cigarette smoke).

- The corridor near the front desk and breakfast room was downright stinking of cigarette smoke.

- Ouside noise from traffic and people was very audible in the room (even on the higher level that we were on).

+ Location of the hotel is very good, being in the center of old town and close to a metro stop
+ Breakfast was better than average mostly because there was fresh fruit salad every day, the rest of the breakfast is standard.
+ staff was friendly and efficient
+/- not expensive (but most definitely not a 4 star hotel!!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Arnold,
your review is pretty devastating. I am very sorry that you have had such a bad experience with our bed. It is bed from English company Hypnos and in their logo states "The most comfortable bed in the world". It was very expensive to buy them. I understand that it might be still large portion of taste to each customer. Someone likes it´s softness and someone does not.
I am very sorry, that you did not like it. We could provide you with matrace cover which might be of help.
I will also make sure we replace the pillows. We do it constantly and we will focus on the room you had.
For me as a hotelier is important to provide the heating in the snow days with outside temperature of -9degrees. And if the guest like colder atmosphere, it is no problem to switch the ventilation off and open the window for few minutes to adjust the temperature you like for sleeping.
Thank you very much for positive comments about breakfast.
I wish you only positive experience during your next tours. I will take seriously all the negative aspects you mentioned. With best regards,
Gen.manager.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is an excellent little hotel in the middle of Prague. The rooms are quite special and very clean indeed. Service from reception is attentive and the breakfast is excellent. I was actually very surprised how good this was and Wifi was also great. I'd stay here again and commend the staff throughout.

Room Tip: Opt for the 5th floor. Very quiet and the door to the corridor is closed at night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin P
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your very positive review. I am glad that you were happy with our hotel and we could be part of your holiday.
With best regards