“Lovely city hotel”
Review of Perla Hotel

Perla Hotel
Ranked #122 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This was the second time we stayed in Prague, and this hotel was great!

The hotel it'self is quite small, the rooms are basic, compact but very stylishly decorated and clean. It seemed quite new and my husband and I had no problems at all while we were there.

The breakfast was nice, continental style, and plenty of it but the dining room was very busy so probably best you dont leave going down to the last minute.

The best bit about this hotel was that it is a 5 minute walk to the Old Town square, we couldnt belive we were so close!! There was a market in the strre right next to the hotel which we enjoyed a wander around and loved that we were so close to so many lovely restaurants and bars. We felt safe walking back and forth, even late at night.

For the price, the location of this hotel is great, we will definetly stay here again next time we visit Prague.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for such a positive review. I am glad you were happy with our hotel service and location. Tomas - gen.manager

Reviewed April 5, 2013

A very cute setting, with all the pearls. The room seemed like a floating box with one wall practically being a window...very special and full of light. Not a big room but very cosy and comfortable. Very very kind and helpful staff. Breakfast was great, stylish and good. After Eurostars David, which was a let down, it seemed like a perfect hotel....
Fantastic position.
The price was a bit high because of Easter, otherwise, real good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2013

Thank you so much for your very positive responce. This is very important to us and gives us new motivation. All the best to you during your next tours. Best regards

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I have to say that I'm suprised and a bit shocked about the positive reviews that I've seen here. That's a big reason why I chose the hotel and I was mightily disappointed.

- The bed was awful - weak springs that left you sinking in to the bed. The pad on top of the springs was very thin, so you could feel the springs in your back, even though they were very flexible. The bed was also inclined so that my other foot kept dropping of the bed... The pillow was among the worst that I've experienced - large, extremely soft, pliable and formless, giving no support of any kind for the neck.

- The AC was restricted to 23-30 degrees celsius, making the room too way hot even at minimum setting (and if you switched the AC completely off, the room went too cold, because it was -9C outside). On top of the lousy bed and horrible pillow, the improper room temperature made sleeping quite difficult.

- There was no mininbar/fridge in the room, so now way to keep drinks or snacks cold/fresh.

- Cigarette smoke kept entering the room and the room had a constant musky aroma (I'm guessing from the cigarette smoke).

- The corridor near the front desk and breakfast room was downright stinking of cigarette smoke.

- Ouside noise from traffic and people was very audible in the room (even on the higher level that we were on).

+ Location of the hotel is very good, being in the center of old town and close to a metro stop
+ Breakfast was better than average mostly because there was fresh fruit salad every day, the rest of the breakfast is standard.
+ staff was friendly and efficient
+/- not expensive (but most definitely not a 4 star hotel!!)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Arnold,
your review is pretty devastating. I am very sorry that you have had such a bad experience with our bed. It is bed from English company Hypnos and in their logo states "The most comfortable bed in the world". It was very expensive to buy them. I understand that it might be still large portion of taste to each customer. Someone likes it´s softness and someone does not.
I am very sorry, that you did not like it. We could provide you with matrace cover which might be of help.
I will also make sure we replace the pillows. We do it constantly and we will focus on the room you had.
For me as a hotelier is important to provide the heating in the snow days with outside temperature of -9degrees. And if the guest like colder atmosphere, it is no problem to switch the ventilation off and open the window for few minutes to adjust the temperature you like for sleeping.
Thank you very much for positive comments about breakfast.
I wish you only positive experience during your next tours. I will take seriously all the negative aspects you mentioned. With best regards,
Gen.manager.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is an excellent little hotel in the middle of Prague. The rooms are quite special and very clean indeed. Service from reception is attentive and the breakfast is excellent. I was actually very surprised how good this was and Wifi was also great. I'd stay here again and commend the staff throughout.

Room Tip: Opt for the 5th floor. Very quiet and the door to the corridor is closed at night.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin P
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Thank you very much for your very positive review. I am glad that you were happy with our hotel and we could be part of your holiday.
With best regards

General Mnager

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We are staaying at the perla and arrived yesterday, very big disappointment! We are a couple staying for a romantique week-end and are in a small room on the first floor with two small beds with a tiny blanket each! The beds are really inconfortable and since we are just next to the elevator and breakfast bar we Cant sleep late.
It seems like this hôtel deserves nothing more than a 3 stars So dont book this hôtel if you are looking for a romantique get away in a Nice hôtel!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Cecelle16

Dears,
thank you very much that you have had communicate your disapointment with the room on the 1st floor. I am glad that David (reception clerk) moved you immediately when you told him to another room on the 2nd floor. I am also informed about your overcharged taxi on the way to the hotel about 30% This is quite disapointing as I thought that the situation with airport taxi has improved. Official airport taxi operator AAA yellow cabs are OK.
I am sorry that there were some troubles and I hope you will after some time remember only positive aspects of your time in Prague.
With best regards
Tomas Startl

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been to Prague for a week with my husband and son. Perla hotel was recommended by my friends as a good located one. It is true, the location is perfect: not very busy, in a quiet street, subway one minute walking, close to many sights, lots of restaurants around. But I would not say it is four stars hotel, better to say three plus. Buffet breakfast was the same choice every day we stayed there (in fact it was not much important for us), but room service I found pretty well. Bed was absolutely comfortable, clean room. All in all it is OK, but next time coming to Prague I would stay at any other hotel, just to compare.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Olga M
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2013

Dear Olga,
it is my pleasure to read your positive and very fair review. It is difficult to change the breakfast very much each morning, we rather focus on consistency, we only change the variety of eggs and hot dish and cakes. I am glad that you have had nice stay. With best regards
Tomas - GM.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

just came home from a great trip to prague and vienna. Perla Hotel was an excellent choice. rooms were spacious and quiet. location was amazing (so close to all the major sites, groceries (alberts and tesco around the corner), terrific restaurants). wonderful bathroom with great tub -- perfect for a long soak after a day of walking all over the cobblestoned city. the cafe on the second floor was terrific for the (included) buffet breakfast, use of internet, and a quick and inexpensive beer. the only drawback -- the women who work in the hotel could have been a little nicer, a little more helpful. not sure why one of them told me it was a 10-minute walk to the train station -- i asked at the tourist office and they were incredulous. it was a 7-minute ride by tram!

i would truly recommend this hotel. it lost a star for the personnel

thanks, g

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mscleo29
Tomas69, General Manager at Perla Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2013

Thank you so much for very positive review. I also appreciate your comment about the service and confusing information how to reach train station. All the best during your next travel. Best regards, Tomas - GM