“Excellent hotel in every possible way”

The ICON Hotel & Lounge
Ranked #41 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed here last weekend. I'd read reviews before I booked and all were excellent. I was not disappointed. We were made to feel welcome from the moment we arrived until we departed. The customer service was first rate. Rooms were of a very high standard and of perfect size. Breakfast was great, plenty of selection, you could also have it room service at no extra cost. It is also served until 11pm!! The hotel is situated in a great location within walking distance to all attractions, in a quiet location. Transfer from the airport took 40 minutes. Will be highly recommending this hotel to family and friends and returning here very soon.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,380)

Reviewed September 9, 2009

I stayed at the Icon Hotel in August and I had a brilliant time. The hotel team were very accomodating even helping me to check in on line and printing out my boarding pass. The room was very large and comfortable and very stylish which is why I choose this hotel. the breakfast is good and was included in the price as was the bar before going out. It is right in the middle of the city and a great location to see all of Prague. everything is in walking distance. I would recommmend this hotel to anyone staying in Prague, and I will certainly be staying there again. Great job . Tim

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2009

Wow! If you are looking for a quality Hotel in the city center, for a good value. Look no further. We stayed at the ICON for 5 nights. Wonderful Hotel. Dean, Veronica, Charle and the rest of the staff really made us feel at home. The ICON is a hip and trendy hotel that does not sacrifice on quality. Terrific restaurant, great rooms, cool art. Yes Breakfast is served anytime before 10:30pm. No warm buffet at this breakfast, they give you a menu to order freshly cooked food from the kitchen they way you want it. Want eggs ... sure, what an English breakfast .... no problem. Bottom line: The Icon made us feel at home, weather we were going out in Prague into the morning, or getting up at 6am to go sightseeing. If you are still wondering if this hotel is for you, I refer to my title ... just book it! you will not regret it. Trip Advisor traveler recommended 20009 hotel for a reason.

1  Thank kbeeme
Reviewed August 27, 2009

We were speechless, this cute hotel is all you need in prague, with the nicest staff, all willing to be helpfull, the great breakfast served in the room if you please, the great thai massage. It was just perfect.

1  Thank nushicarmon
Reviewed August 27, 2009

I reserved this hotel because of tripadvisor's great reviews, but it even was better than I expected!!! The hotel localization is great, very close to Venceslau Plaza and to Old City, with a lot of stores and restaurants near by. The plaze is amazing... looks like a thay lounge, very clean all the time. The included breakfest is really great; the best one I have ever had in Europe. The room is beautifuly decorated and large, with a marvelous comfortable bed. The staff is very kind, always helpful and atencious. It was my 7th wedding aniversary and the hotel sent me a great czech sparkling wine to celebrate, with a congratulations card. As I see, this hotel is great for all kind of people, since it has a young atmosphere and, at the same time, all the amenities that older people would require. You can´t chose a better place to stay at Prague.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CarlosVelho
Reviewed August 20, 2009

Location is great for sightseeing Prague – the Icon is centrally located, we walked to all the sights around the city from the hotel. However it is far enough from the noisy areas. Area felt very safe to walk around late at night.
Rate includes delicious breakfast and the staff at the Icon were very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and comfortable and came with a DVD player (and front desk has DVDs you can watch), IPOD dock and there is a computer with internet in the bar which you can use.
On our first day we did the Sandemans New Europe free walking tour which I would recommend as a great way to orientate yourself around the city. Would also recommend eating at Kolkovna restaurant (owned by Pilsner Urquell ) in the Jewish quarter, although best to make a booking before you go as the night we went they were fully booked so we had to make a reservation for the following night.

1  Thank bondigirl-sydney
Reviewed August 19, 2009

We stayed at the Icon for five nights in two rooms. The rooms were very comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful; they went out of their way to help us find a football jersey for my son. The buffet breakfast was excellent; we enjoyed cereal, fruit, and pastries every morning. The hotel is close to metro and trams and easy to walk any where in the city. Quiet side street. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family! We enjoyed numerous restaurants that were recommended by previous hotel guests including Mozaica, Trattoria Cicala (cash only), Citi Cafe Metropolit. Also V Zatisi for a fancy night and Clear Head for our vegetarian daughter!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family