“A very enjoyable stay in Prague”
Review of Hotel Ehrlich

Hotel Ehrlich
Ranked #491 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Constanta
“A very enjoyable stay in Prague”
Reviewed February 10, 2010

The hotel was really clean, we had a very good experience concerning the staff. We didn't know much about public transportation in Prague so they gave us a few tips. We loved the breakfast but as someone stated before if you don't go as early as you can to serve it not much left towards the end :p. I didn't mind the location at all, we even went by foot to the centre on our very first day there and loved it.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Greece
Reviewed December 1, 2009

it be founded in no one.
Unfortunately, while the employees (2 that is to say all and all) have the grin and the disposal, the hotel you do not recommend in persons that want they pass well in a hotel. The breakfast, indeed with a lot of things, however unfortunately are no fress, as the dry bread of Toasty, and the bad yoghurt. This means that is not given the best importance for the quality of foods.
Also, if somebody hungry from the of lunch time hours and afterwards, does not exist case it finds something there to eat. Neither the region is advisable for food, one and do not exist and a lot of things in order to you find to eat. Also if you want at evening to relax in your hotel, drinking a drink in the lounge (does not exist lounge), does not exist case it accomplishes him because simply they do not serve with nothing. Does not work nothing in the hotel and the alone employee that exists is the receptionist.
Finally, if you are smoker you will have a hard time. Does not exist no space for smokers, and if you are in this category, it should you come out outside from the hotel in a temperature the winter that reaches a lot down the zero, in order to you smoking. I understand that this is the policy of hotel, but because I do not prefer any other, that service it has, but also is also allowed the smoking in somebodies of his spaces that allocate.
Say also that in order to you reach in the city of Prague or should you give from 150 - 200 Corones to taxis, or you exist a bus in way that it keeps roughly 20 minutes. The tram.... you forget…

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

California
Reviewed April 12, 2009

This hotel is a bus trip from the city center. It is too far to walk but the bus stop is just outside the hotel. It runs very late and very good value. The room was large and comfortable. We had three comfortable beds in our room. We had a corner room with large windows, that opened, that ran the length of the room. Our room was clean and was large enough for all three of us in our party to spread out our luggage.All the front desk clerks were polite and tried to help with our many questions, their English was limited but always attempted. The breakfast buffet was much larger than I expected of a normal breakfast buffet. It included meats, cheese, large assortment of breads, juices, hot sausages, scrambled eggs, and cereal with milk. We visited during a cold time of the year and the heat it was a comfort to return back to a warm room. We were on the 4th floor and the noise from the street was not bothersome. The bathroom was clean. The hot water never ran out. The only downside was no refrigerator. Just a few businesses down the street (towards the city center) is an excellent restaurance called Alabama. The food portions are very large and the price is very good. I was suprised at how much food we got for how much we spend. It was also the best meal I ate in Prague during the entire weeklong stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank boarlady
yorkshire
Reviewed March 15, 2009

Just returned from Prague, where my friend and I spent 3 nights at Ehrlich hotel. What a disappointment! It is situated in a seedy district of the city, next to a sex shop! Takes 30 minutes to get into the centre by bus, which is not at all what the information on the hotel says. The rooms are clean but so basic! It is nowhere near a four star, in fact, it is pushing a 2* property. Breakfast is beyond the joke, as 2 ladies, we do not eat a lot, but for a man, there is simply nothing to eat, unless you are satisfied with some bread and butter. The staff were polite, no complaints there, most guests were Russians. Still cant get over the audacity of the owners to call it a 4* hotel, how did they manage it? If you are looking for a buget hotel far away from the city centre, by all means, stay there, otherwise avoide at all costs.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank chanel66
United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2008

I would seriously urge anyone wishing to stay at this hotel, NOT TO DO SO! The only good thing I can say is that is was very clean. I stayed here with my parenst who were abused verbally by staff especially the young waiter by the neame of 'Lucas' who was just distgusting in his approach to guests. Food was not replaced and despite breakfast times 7am-10am - food was all gone by 8:30am and if you asked for anything you were just shouted at or ignored. My father is 63 and to be shouted at by a waiter who is half his age was just something I have never experienced. Front office staff did nothing to reprimend this individual and basically didn't want to know. They all stuck together like glue and we dreaded coming back each night during our stay. My parents shower did not work and my mother was afrid to complain incase the staff shouted at them again so she didn't shower throughout her stay. I also experienced other guests been shouted at when thye asked for hot water for their room and tea/cofee facilities - none in your room.

For a new hotel it is a complete disgrace and the staff here are the most ignorant and abusive I have ever experience in my life. I hated my stay in Prague and will never return due to this experience.

I urge any person who is even just thinking about staying here, to seriously reconsider and spend your money on another hotel or another Country for that matter. They do not make you feel welcome and it feels like a prison. The area is run down also and not as near to the city as they make out. A complete and utter nighmare!

I will be writing to the Tourism Boards, Embassy's and any other department I can think of this week to draw their attention to this embarassment of a so called hotel. I am making it my goal to ensure that these staff members are held accounted for their behaviour throughout our stay.

• Liked — It was clean
  • Disliked — Staff
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chester
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We have stayed in the hotel a few nights. The location is convenient - just a short bus journey from the city centre. Our room was very clean and modern. Hotel facilities were poor, but still the weakest point of the hotel is its breakfast staff... The waiter was extremely rude and even though breakfast was supposed to be served between 7 and 10am there was hardly anything left after 8.30...

• Liked — The cleanless of the room
  • Disliked — Breakfast staff
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Anuha
Birmingham
Reviewed July 22, 2008

We were very disappointed with this hotel as not 4 star quality at all. The reception staff were very unhelpful, far too busy completing wordsearches. We asked where we could buy bus tickets and the daytime receptionist could hardly be bothered to answer us. On the evening we walked past as another receptionist was selling bus tickets, so obviously the daytime guy just couldn't be bothered to help us.
The plasma is tiny with only one English speaking channel, CNN. The breakfast was of a very poor quality, with no new food being put out after 9ish, although breakfast is on till 10am.
The hotel is too far to walk into town and is in a run-down part of town, with building works everywhere and next door to Sexcity!!
Only plus point......it was clean!!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — unhelpfull staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple