Savic Hotel
$169
$135
$80
2,585 results
All reviewsold town squarecharles bridgeastronomical clockwelcome drinkperfect locationon arrivalmarble bathroomfour poster bednespresso coffee machineeggs cooked to orderexposed beamssparkling wineattic roombeautiful hotelthe main squarethird floorstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Fancied a trip to Prague to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary and to take in the Christmas atmosphere. I selected this hotel based on reviews I had read on this site - we were not disappointed. I up-graded to a Junior suite in advance and was pleased with the size and facilities. The hotel is in an excellent location just off the Old Town Square and only a short walk to Charles Bridge. A complimentary bottle of champagne awaited our arrival on the first night, the staff were very amenable and the entire visit was a pleasurable experience that made our anniversary so memorable. I would love to stay at the Savic when I return for our 50th but will probably return much sooner!!!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite was an excellent choice for us but I would say that the standard rooms would be of excellent quality.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Poacherp
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here in February 2013. What a fantastic place, a historic hotel with modern amenities and great staff! Its high rating on Tripadvisor is well deserved. The hotel is just around the corner from Old Town Square and the Town Hall and Astronomical clock. But the hotel is set back and not on top of Karlova street which is lined with all the shops selling tee-shirts, I "heart" Prague merchandise, and crystal everything. So you feel like you are close enough--a 7 minute walk down the street to Charles Bridge--but not on top of everything touristy. I had emailed the hotel a few times from both the States and the day I arrived (had to change my arrival time) and I had answers back almost immediately. The hotel arranged for a car to pick me up at the Prague train station (reasonable rates and driver worked for the hotel) and I was greeted at the hotel with a glass of champagne during check in. Check in was a breeze and Jana at the desk so helpful and very cheerful. She gave me a map and explained where the hotel was located and pointed out some cultural sights nearby. She also gave me a coupon for a drink at the brewery across the street (which was really good). What I noticed is that while I was checking in, other hotel guests were walking in and out and she greeted them by name, and even stopped one couple to tell them she had sent a bottle of wine to their room since she knew they had come to Prague to celebrate the wife's birthday. For another couple she had answers printed out for some questions they had regarding a tour they wanted to take the next day. Amazing service! Parts of the hotel building date from the 15th and 16th century--the building may have been a convent--and I had asked for a historical room. I was able to stay in a double room (at a lower rate since I was alone) with an original 15th century painted wooden ceiling--gorgeous! My room and several others on my floor was off a bright and comfortable lounge/living room area with easy chairs so the rooms were not on top of each other. My room itself was huge and ceilings high and it had a wooden wardrobe, dresser, desk, chair, upholstered chair, huge bed, Ipod docking clock/radio, tv etc.The exquisite marble bathroom was portioned off from the room without destroying the integrity of the historic building. The bathroom was high end--large, long bathtub, plenty of hot water, L'Occitane soaps and shampoos etc. My room faced the street so it was a bit noisy but it wasn't unbearable and I could sleep--that area is very safe and people walk around until the wee hours of the morning. I am assuming it is quieter in the courtyard rooms. Complimentary breakfast is in the glassed in courtyard restaurant and is huge. Two chefs to cook eggs to order or pancakes and waffles, a huge buffet with meats, cheeses, potatoes, toast/croissants, tea/coffee, juices, and champagne. The hotel will post your post cards and letters for you (added to your bill) which was great since I couldn't find anywhere to buy stamps at the shops that sell the post cards. One thing to note for people who have trouble with stairs is that the building has half levels and quarter levels the elevator does not access. There is an elevator...but when I got off on my floor, I had to go down three or four wooden steps to the huge sitting area and then walk up three wooden steps to my room door. I had a huge and heavy suitcase and found it extremely hard to hold the door open and pull my case up the stairs. I am sure someone at the hotel will assist with luggage since they are so helpful, so just be aware you may have a historic step or two to get to your room. Just outside the back door of the hotel is a small convenience shop open all night that has wine, beer, sweets, snacks, and things you might need--toothbrush etc--a great place to stock up. As I planned, I left the hotel after my stay to join arriving friends at their apartment which was around the corner. What was so nice is that a week later the hotel helped me arrange my trip with their driver to take me to the Prague Airport to fly home. I really was impressed with the outstanding service and commitment of the staff. I am planning a return trip to Prague later this year and I will definitely stay at Savic.

Room Tip: Quieter on the inside--no street noise. Make sure you ask if you have any stairs to your room after you get off the elevator.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank jlmcc
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here at the beginning of March and it was an absolute find! Right in the heart of the old town and a stones throw from the clock.
The receptionist was polite and knowledgable and offered a free drink as a refreshment upon arrive. She handed us maps and vouchers for restaurants and bars. The micro brewery across from the main door is fab, and we got some free drinks as well!
All areas of the hotel are spotlessly clean and fresh.
We stayed in the attic and were a bit concerned with how hot it was, even though it was -7 on a night out. It seems they have taken on bored the feedback and provided state of the art fans.
Our room was small but well presented and had a huge bed, bathroom was fantastic and clean.
This hotel really goes the extra mile, the designer toileties A*******, the nespresso coffee machine a fab touch.
Breakfast was good, maybe this was the time of year we went (who is mad enough to go when its this cold) but the attention to detail was the same as the rest of the hotel. Made to order, eggs and waffles, good selection of hot and cold food and coffee constantly filled up. (have read prior this was an issue)
Can not recommend this hotel enough, but stay away from the hotels red wine its was blurghhhhh.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank victoriah18
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I booked this hotel based purely on the trip advisor reviews i had read, and was not disappointed. From when I booked, the Savic's service was fantastic. They responded to emails very promptly, arranging a transfer to the hotel when we arrived and suggesting all sorts of concerts and day trips that would interest us. We were offered sparkling wine on arrival, and the receptionist was extremely helpful in orientating us and giving us a map and ideas of things to do during our visit. Our room was gorgeous - original painted ceilings and you could really feel that the building has a lot of history. Gorgeous L'Occitane toiletries in the bathroom, Nespresso machine, super comfy bed - perfect :)

The only recurring "negative" I had read about this hotel was the street noise that a few people complained about, so I brought ear plugs along and slept very well. I don't feel that noise complaints can be blamed on the hotel as its a consequence of the hotel's location - extremely central in the heart of where all the attractions are. And in actual fact when I opened the draw next to my bed I saw that the hotel actually provided ear plugs too.

Breakfast was awesome, lots to choose from and lovely fresh pastries. All in all an absolutely wonderful stay with friendly efficient service and beautiful comfortable rooms - I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Prague!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206 which has original painted ceilings and was spacious and lovely. It was next to the ice machine though which we heard once or twice, but wouldnt say it was a disturbance
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Moomole
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the Savic, and found the staff and accommodations to be friendly, clean, and first rate. We have stayed in numerous 'boutique' hotels in Europe and the States, preferring them to large corporate hotels, and the Savic was a charmer. The room had old world elegance with modern appliances and bathroom. The Savic is located in the center of Prague, not far from the Charles Bridge that goes to the palaces, and also just around the corner from all sorts of shopping and dining. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, which was great as English is not spoken by a majority of the residents.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple