“Honeymoon at Dum U Tri capu - end of August 2011”
Review of Hotel Three Storks

Hotel Three Storks
Ranked #34 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My first and hope last honeymoon :-) in Dum U Tri capu was brilliant. Exclusiv design hotel in exclusiv old Prague atmosphere. Room 33 in highest floor with fairitale view to biggest castle area on the world - Prague castle was clean, confortable and styly. We spent there with my czechoslovak wife the hottest sexy night of my life. Breakfast next morning was for my tired body very refreshing and gave me new energy. Staff was very nice and helpfull. One thing.My wife slept very well, but I could not fall a sleep, because so many things happend that day. Anyway, sure we can reccomend that hotel for young couples also for families with children or older couples as well.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 27, 2011

This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel in Prague. I usually stay at the Crowne Plaza in Prague 6 as I don't really want to do the tourist thing and stay in the centre. However, The 3 Storks is a fabulous hotel, very contemporary and stylish it just oozes luxury at an acceptable price. I like the fact it's a very old building situated under the gaze of the castle, it's well built and therefore naturally soundproofed.

The first time I stayed here I managed to grab a bargain and stay in the best room for a very reasonable rate. This room inspired me to put a light under my guest bed at home as it's a perfect way to invoke low level, soothing lighting in a room. All rooms have this feature.

This time I stayed in a very small single room, but I must say it's THE best single room I've ever stayed in. It was a very clever use of space and the bed was queen / double size. (A real pet hate of mine is single beds. Single beds are for children, not adults). The bed was sumptuous and I slept like a baby. It was 35 degrees C in Prague this week and the room was a perfect temperature after using the air-con, insulated by the thick walls.

The bathrooms are luxurious and have all the mod cons including the piped volume from the TV so you can even listen to the news while in the shower.

Breakfast is well presented and varied and the staff extremely helpful and polite in general.

The only thing that puts me off staying here each time I stay in Prague is the location. This is completely my personal preference as I am there on business and don't want to get caught up in the tourist experience, jostling with people. However, if you want to do the tourist thing this hotel is perfectly situated within a short walk of the castle and the Charles Bridge, it's also on the "right" side of the river to get back to the airport, which took 25 minutes at 8am. If I was ever to come to Prague for a romantic weekend, I would definitely book to stay here.

I had a minor difficulty with the booking of my taxi in the morning, I had pre-booked but my car was given to someone else. Tthe staff were excellent at sorting it out and that's what really matters.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Very spacious room (#15), close to the Charles bridge, square with restaurants, foot of the castle, beautiful gardens. Excellent restaurant! Unfortunately no coffemaker or water in the room. We will definately choose this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Rooms are conforable. Restroom are so clean. Nice room to take breakfast. And great location. People of the hotel are kind and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 11, 2011

We booked a double room for a special celebration and the hotel was awesome. Our room was beautiful and the staff could not do enough for us, checking that everything was fine. Breakfast was beautiful with a huge selection. The waitress at breakfast works her heart on and is a credit to the place. The hotel is very quiet despite being so close. The bath was very luxurious! and I agree with other reviewers that the shower is the best in Europe. Helena who worked on the reception was lovely and her English is excellent. I strongly recommend this boutique hotel, it helped make this special holiday special.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I had a triple room at this hotel. I was travelling with my two teen sons who were impressed -- especially with the shower. So was I! Very relaxing, beautiful. We all loved the hotel: pretty, tremendous location (by the Czech senate building), modern amenities. Conceirge Zbinew at the front desk was a wonderful helping us get taxis to the bobsleigh course (very fun for active teens) and negotiating various issues. I paid with a credit card (no problem for me though credit cards aren't widely accepted in Prague - though plenty of ATM machines are around) and we found all aspects of the service, food, and room excellent. Even more important, my sons thought I was a genius and really appreciated the pampering. As to the Air Conditioning, it was cool the nights we were there in mid June and so we didn't need it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 26, 2011

We had planned to stay at a hotel in the Strahov Monastery (still want to do that), but they were having a problem the day we arrived and shifted us to the Dom U Tri Capu. It is a lovely hotel in an historic home jost off of the St. Nicholas Square a few blocks from the Charles Bridge. The romm was small but lovely, immaculately clean with a nice view. Good breakfast buffet, and, though they appeared to have a nice restaurant with an upscale menu, we didn't try it--seems we were most often out and about around dinner time. The staff was helpful and accommodating, even lending me an umbrella (their suggestion) when I told them I needed to buy a cane to take the place of one I left at home. Cleary, a place to return to and easy to recommmend to anyone wanting both a very modern hotel and the charm of an older building from an elegant age.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple