“Beautiful apartment”
other travelers have booked this property
Exclusive apartment in the hearth of Prague. Bright, spacious living room and fully equipped kitchen
Living room - very bright and spacious. Living room - very bright and spacious.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Living room - very bright and spacious.
One of many decorations in the apartment
Dining table for six (high baby chair on request)
Master bedroom with new king size double bed made from the solid wood.
Master bedroom with new king size double bed made from the solid wood.
Cloakroom connected with the master bedroom
Second bedroom with new queen size double folding bed and one single bed.
Bathroom with spacious shower, toilet and sauna made from cedar wood.
Second bathroom with toilet.
Second bathroom with toilet is located near the entrance.
A lot of storage space...
Ideal location - residential street near river Vltava, in walking distance to many historical sites.
3D Floor Plan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

CateSyd
Sydney
“Beautiful apartment”
Reviewed June 20, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

A beautiful 2 double bedroom apartment that is close to everything, but not in the noisy area. This apartment has everything you could want. It is modern, clean, very comfortable, stylish and is so well equipped. Excellent communication with the owner and Bill who greeted us was very helpful. I just hope we can stay there again one day.

Jun 22, 2017
Many thanks for your kind words, you will be warmly welcomed back anytime.
322suzyh
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed May 22, 2017 for a stay in May 2017

This apartment was fantastic. Right next to the river . Shops at end of the street.
Very well presented. Immaculately clean. Every possible thing you need. Plus a few extras which was a nice touch. Beers, milk etc. So great to relax here after all the walking. We didn't get round to using the sauna. In walking distance to everything.
We used the airport transfer both ways which made it so easy and Bill met us there showed us around and was very helpful. I would definitely stay again .

Jun 21, 2017
Many, many thanks for your kind words, we really appreciate it!
Gary G
Galesburg, Michigan
“OUTSTANDING RENTAL UNIT IN EVERY POSSIBLE RESPECT!!”
Reviewed February 3, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

My significant other and I rented this apartment from 15-22 January 2017 and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it...just one small suggestion for Libor that I will raise at the end of this review. Rather, everything I have to say is 100% positive ("glowing" might be more accurate.) I have rented a lot of apartments all over the world and I can honestly say that this one is THE BEST ONE I have ever rented...by a long shot. Simply put, if you have a chance to rent this apartment and you don't do it, that will be a HUGE MISTAKE on your part.

Is this apartment cheap? Not necessarily - especially when compared to many other possible (and less or equally expensive) choices you have in Prague. However, is it worth the investment you will make? ABSOLUTELY!!! That old saying "You get what you pay for" is definitely applicable to this apartment...and it is truly outstanding in every possible respect. WAY BETTER than you will probably find elsewhere in Prague for the same amount of money.

To begin, Libor D. (the owner) is one of the best, the fairest and the most honest rental owners you will ever deal with. If you message him about something you will get a reply in just a few hours (never more than 8 hours for an answer in my case)...and he will assist you in just about any manner in which you might need assistance. Be sure to take advantage of the airport transfer service Libor will no doubt offer to arrange for you, because it is definitely NOT a rip-off. Rather, it will be exactly as he describes it to you..plus 100% dependable...plus 100% safe...in new and very modern cars...with good English-speaking drivers...and with no-haggling whatsoever about the price being required (including no tipping of the driver being required, unless you choose to do so, which I strongly suggest you do for the great service provided.) Rather, it will be exactly as Libor tells you it will be.

Libor's house manager (Bill) is like Libor in just about all respects too. He was there waiting for us when we arrived...he allowed us to check in early (because no one else was staying there immediately before us)...and he took the time required (almost an hour) to explain everything about the apartment to us in very clear terms. Bill was extremely helpful in all respects...very dependable/reliable...he speaks English perfectly...and he knows everything there is to know about the rental unit. He left us his personal phone number in case we needed something - and he told us to not hesitate using it if we needed his assistance.

This apartment is exactly as advertised - and the posted pictures are 100% accurate too. Actually, the posted pictures don't really do the apartment justice - because it is FAR BETTER in real life than the pictures suggest. It is located in a pretty modern building...with multiple (and different) locks on the doors...carded (and restricted) access (by elevator) to the apartment itself...very clean...ultra modern...very quiet (the 4th floor location helps a lot in that regard)...100% safe...warm and comfortable during the winter months...everything in the apartment works...and it has every possible amenity you might need or want..including in the kitchen. The kitchen is so well equipped that you could eat every meal in if you chose to do so (and have a huge variety of different meals because of everything you have to work with) that would reduce your expense to stay in Prague pretty substantially.

The apartment is very spacious too (huge, actually.) The private sauna was the big draw for us when we decided to rent this apartment...and it was heavenly too. We used it every single day - and it can quickly relieve all the aches & pains your legs and feet will develop if you do most of your exploring in Prague on foot. The shower in the master bath was heavenly too, especially the waterfall shower-head which I liked in particular.

One small drawback (which another reviewer also noted) is the somewhat slow (and occasional disconnection prone) internet (Wi-Fi) connection. I ran a speed test on the Wi-Fi in this apartment and the download speed was about 5 MBS with an upload speed of 3 MBS. Compared to what I can get where I live here in the USA (in a semi-rural location in Michigan) these speeds are actually very fast (I can only get 1.5 MBS and 0.3 MBS, respectively - so 5 MBS down & 3 MBS up are like jackrabbits for me!!) But, for someone used to much faster speeds (and no freeze-ups requiring a dis-connect and re-connect to get the system operating again) these speeds can seem turtle-like.

However, as Libor noted in his comment to the other reviewer who raised this issue, this problem is a function of building age and internet system limitations over which he has very little (or no) control. My suggestion is to "just live with it"...because that small problem will be offset in a HUGE manner by everything else this apartment has to offer.

A local police sub-station is located on the same side of the street only 50 meters away from the apartment...and there were usually 4-5 police cars parked in the street most of the time we were there. As such, the odds of problems (or trouble) developing in this neighborhood are pretty much zero - because the cops will be there in 30 seconds or less if trouble develops. All they need to do is run (or walk fast) for 50 meters down the same side of the street to get there...with no need to get in a squad car and drive 20 minutes to get to the apartment. Anyone who has "safety" as a prime interest or consideration can't go wrong renting this particular apartment because of this particular fact.

There is a mini-market on the street level directly next door to the main front entry door to the apartment building that is surprisingly well stocked (and also reasonably priced - as mini-markets go)...so if you need some small items quickly this is just the ticket to do that (including finding many different varieties of that great Bohemian beer Prague is known for - at a very good price!!!)

If you need something more in the way of supplies (food or other shopping), Andel is just a short walk (10 minutes) away...down the same street the apartment is located on...which makes it difficult to get lost getting there. At Andel you can find many banks & other types of currency exchange outlets, public transportation (city trams, buses and the metro), plus a huge shopping mall with all kinds of stores PLUS a full-sized food store that is very economical.

It takes about 40 minutes (walking slowly) or 20 minutes (if you walk fast) to get from the apartment to Charles Bridge and the Old Town section...down either side of the river. One note of caution I would offer is this: The streets leading to the Charles Bride area twist and turn a lot - and they do not always run directly next to the river (so you always have a known reference point/landmark.) Therefore, you have to pay attention to where you are...and which streets you're going down. If you don't you could end up on some short dead-end street - and then have to find your way out (or ask someone for help getting untangled.)

To summarize, this is a TRULY FABULOUS APARTMENT (you will think you died and went to heaven when you use the private sauna!!!)...at a very reasonable cost for everything you get...and with an owner (and house manager) who are truly a pleasure to work with...so you can't go wrong renting it. I will definitely stay here again the next time I return to Prague.

My final comment is for Libor only...and it is a small suggestion for improvement. As Libor correctly states in his posting, the large (and very modern) TV/stereo system in this apartment gets about 999 TV channels through a maze of different inter-connected satellite systems. The TV picture (on all channels) is really great too. However, there is no TV guide to tell a renter which channels carry which kind of content...and in what language.

I sat down with the remote one night and "channel surfed" for 3 hours looking for something I wanted to watch...that was in English (the only language I speak)...and I was not terribly successful in doing that. I found a couple of English language channels - but that was it. I got through about 400 channels before my fingers got tired from pushing the "up" button on the remote...at which point I quit.

So, Libor, the next time this apartment will be vacant for a few days, you might want to sit down in it with the TV remote...plus a pad of paper and a pencil or pen...and actually "map out" all 999 channels...then put together a "TV guide" that will let your renters know exactly which TV channels provide what type of content (and in which language)...and then leave that guide in a conspicuous spot your renters can find and use it.

This will be a much needed improvement...and it will also spare your future renters from the same time-consuming (and frustrating) process I went through. Other than this "one small suggestion for improvement" I have nothing whatsoever bad to say about my stay in your apartment or my experiences with you and Bill. You (and Bill) are every bit as great as your apartment. Well done, my man!!!

Hannah H
Jacksonville, Florida
“Perfect Prague Apartment”
Reviewed December 22, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

This is such a lovely apartment! We were a group of four persons in Prague for 5 days. The decor is lovely and the furnishings very comfortable. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything needed to prepare meals, and the fridge/pantry also are stocked with basic items, including fresh milk. There are games, maps and tourist info, and a stereo system. The location is great - a short walk along the river to the centre of old town. The sauna is an added bonus, too!

The host was very communicative and arranged our travel from the airport and even accommodated an extension of our stay. We were met at the apartment at arrival and departure. The host has done a great job of making the apartment feel like a home-away-from home. I would highly recommend and hope to return!

Your age range 25-34
Dec 23, 2016
Hannah, many thanks for your very kind words, I really appreciate it!
Best regards, take care, Libor
mike s
“wonderful apartment,ideally located”
Reviewed July 26, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

If you're looking for a comfortable apartment within walking distance of the the major districts of Prague you should consider this rental. It's tastefully furnished, well equipped, airy and bright and is ideally located on a quiet street and 5 mins walk from Nový Smíchov shopping centre. It was the ideal location for our stay allowing easy access to the old,new and lesser districts. Travelling with two teenagers however was made difficult as the Internet/WiFi was not great but I was informed that this was a feature of being in an old part of Prague. One word of advise is to confirm your checkout time as we had a 10am checkout for a 5pm flight.

Liked best: Location
Liked least: Bad internet
Traveling group: Teenagers
Families with young children
Jul 27, 2016
Many thanks for your kind words, Mike, I'm really happy that you enjoyed your stay and our apartment.
Your are right, 20 Mb/s is not the highest speed, but in old buildings is difficult find anything faster and for standard communication it's enough.
All our check-outs are organized at 10 AM, to have a time for cleaning and laundry before new guests arrival, but even for later departures we always store guest's luggage till their departure. This assistance you've used and I hope it helped you.
Thank you again, have a nice day.
Libor
Christine...
Ebersberg, Germany
“Perfect base to explore Prague”
Reviewed November 5, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

As we arrived there was a really kind address of welcome. We were informed about everything we needed to know about the equipment, shopping facilities and points of interest in the surroundings. In this lovely apartment we felt at home from the first moment. We missed absolutely nothing in the equipment. Even in the fridge we found everything we needed for our first breakfast on Monday.
This is an ideal location to explore Prague and we did it only by foot though we could reach tram or metro in a few minutes.
It’s a pity that we have got not more time to stay, but we can return to this wonderful place.

Liked best: the coziness
Liked least: there was nothing to dislike
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers
Nov 6, 2015
Christine, you will be welcomed back anytime, as one of our best guests. And many thanks for your very nice review!
sempai_sc...
Houston
“Like a home away from home - ideal.”
Reviewed September 14, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We stayed at the penthouse apartment for 4 nights. Libor was quick with communications before we arrived, arranging an airport transfer (a huge help after a trans-Atlantic flight), and Ivana to let us in and show us the layout.
Some apartments provide just the essentials, especially the converted attics. But this is not one of those places: all of the appliances were high-end (and therefore easy to use and reliable), the lighting and electric light/switch locations all well-thought-out and convenient (makes a big difference when you are looking for the light in the dark while jetlagged), the wifi and TV/audio were excellent, the beds had beautiful but sturdy wood frames and were very comfortable, all the windows opened easily there was AC and heating. The private sauna was the icing on the cake.
Downstairs there was a minimart literally next door and Libor had been considerate enough to provide some welcoming snacks and refreshments in the fridge - a very nice touch.
The apartment is located less than 1km from the edge of old-town (where most of the touristy sights are) - an easy walk along the river and just the thing to help with digestion after dinner in one of the dozens of excellent restaurants within 20min stroll.
We are gluten intolerant, and it was a stroke of luck that Prague's only gluten-free bakery (The Sweet Life) was just 650m away in the same neighborhood. We also ate at Prague's gluten-free Italian restaurant (1.5km, Alriso risotteria italiana), and the traditional Czech cuisine restaurant Svejk Restaurant U Karla, which also has a gluten-free menu (1.3km).
When we revisit Prague, we'll be staying here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything was so well-thought-out.
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing