Design Metropol Hotel Prague
$228
$190
Agoda.com
1,159 results
All reviewsgreat locationroof terracelego museumold towncharles bridgewenceslas squarewalking distancerecommend this hoteltesco supermarketcentral locationbritish airwayspowerful showertop floormetro stationcity breakquiet roomshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for 5 nights last week and it was brilliant. The rooms were always very clean and tidy which was lovely and the beds were unbelievably comfortable! Air conditioning in the room was great and when you combine that with the comfortable beds you definitely get a good nights sleep, which is exactly what you need when you're in a city that requires a lot of walking.

The staff were fantastic and very friendly, especially the guy from Dundee (Apologies I didn't get his name) who was more than happy to answer our questions about Prague. It was a shame we only met him on the last night!

Breakfast each morning was delicious with plenty to chose from and was served till 10.30am which was ideal as I'm not a morning person, especially on holiday.

Overall this was a brilliant place to stay. Well located within the city and very easy to find. If I ever visit Prague again I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Viktor V, Manager at Design Metropol Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind appreciation and review. We are delighted that your experience with us was fulfilling and you enjoyed the Hotel.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

A very nice hotel that is close to all the tourist attractions.
Excellent breakfast. Free WiFi. Comfortable room.
The hotel is fantastically located for Old Town and The Charles Bridge.
We were there 3 nights and didn't feel the need to use the metro or tram, we walked everywhere easily; the hotel staff were extremely helpful and pleasant.

Rui e Maria

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank luzinha
Viktor V, Manager at Design Metropol Hotel Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Rui and Maria,

I was delighted to read that you have had a positive visit to our property and that our services met your expectations.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

When we arrived the hotel administrator informed us that the hotel is overbooked, and we will be relocated to another hotel for the next day. Luckily, the room we received in the other hotel was good as well.
The room is very hot, although it was October. We had to even turn the air conditioner for the night.

The good:
Very central, close to the metro and the main city square.
Great breakfasts! Three kinds of eggs, cheese, bacon. And they even bake you personal pancakes.

The bad:
There is some faint but distinct smell in the room. Since I wasn't to other rooms in the hotel, t don't know if those are the materials they used or something else.
I had to disconnect the phone to connect my laptop to the Internet.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

I am very sad to learn you have had a disappointing experience with us, I would love to get in touch with you for further details, please do contact me directly manager@metropolhotel.cz

Zdenek Rod, director hotel Metropol

Reviewed May 8, 2014

A very nice hotel that is close to all the tourist attractions. Excellent breakfast. Free WiFi. Comfortable room, although the beds are small and the window didn't open meaning that I couldn't have fresh air. I booked a taxi through hotel website - cheaper that through British Airways - Czk 730 airport to hotel and Czk 680 for the return. The staff are very helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Joseph B

Dear Joseph,

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I stayed with my teenage son in a twin room and my daughter and her boyfriend had a double across the corridor from us. We had a nice view of the street from the room, my daughters room faced a wall. The rooms were basic, clean and functional, they had everything we required. The breakfast was buffet in style and had a good variety of options nicely served and plentiful.
The hotel is fantastically located for Old Town and The Charles Bridge. We were there 3 nights and didn't feel the need to use the metro or tram, we walked everywhere easily; although be aware the majority of streets are cobbled so leave your high heels at home. the hotel staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. We checked in at 11 pm and I mentioned my son and i needed a twin bedroom, I was told they hadn't realised but would sort it and literally by the time we had caught the lift up to our room some one had been in and separated the beds and made them up as singles. We had free wifi in our rooms with very good service.
I also liaised via email with the hotel to book a taxi to and from the airport, they were very professional in responding to my request for a quote and the service provided by the taxi company was also very good. I paid 30 euros per journey for the 4 of us for a journey of about 25 mins and I felt this was reasonable. All in all a very successful trip I recommend this hotel to any one and Prague was amazing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the street if you like to have a view and people watch, ask for a room at the back if you prefer it quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear guests,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel.
I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and would recommend the hotel to others.