“Stay away from this place” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Athena Palace

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Prague
Hotel Athena Palace
Ranked #544 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Oslo, Norway
“Stay away from this place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2010

I would avoid this hotel if I could. Only good thing about it, is that its close to the tram, subway and an excellent dining place.

The room was small, it was worn down with cracks everywhere, it smelled badly, the breakfast was so so (better than at a backpackers place) and for the price we were paying you would expect more. Alot more!

The worst thing, however, was an incredible rude staff and manager. Well, to be honest, it was 2 ou tof 3 that was very rude. One guy, was friendly, so I you read this - good on you - you made the day.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

We booked two rooms and staid here for a whole week. I can not complain about anything. Both rooms were nice and clean. The hotel has a very pleasant atmosphere and staff were very helpfull. The breakfast was pleasing to all. The location is also great and Prague is just beautiful city. I recommend to everyone.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2010

We ordered Junior suite and we where given small room on the gound floor, with furniture like somewhere in the hostel. We wanted our money back but we were told its not possible, then I was put on the phone with the ''manager'' which she was very rude to me, did not even introduce her self and start shout at me that in no chance she'll give me my money back, so I asked her if she ever stayed in 4* hotel and she start telling me that her boyfriend is Prag's millionaire! Which I do not really care about.
Anyway we were given bigger room, which had dirty and small bathroom and the sofa had a white dirty spots.Every each of furniture had different colour and if you order sparkling wine they'll bring it with glasses for red wine.
Staff no formal uniforms, breakfast- cold eggs left there only on plate, 2 meats, 2 stale cheeses and from fruits cuted stale apples.
This is not a 4* hotel, I can recommend as a expensive hostel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank scooby30

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Limerick
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2010

We stayed for three nights and were really pleased with the hotel. Our room was very comfortable and well furnished with interesting old pieces. The staff were professional and pleasant. The breakfasts were large with lots of selection. Location is perfect – just walking distance to the Wenceslas square. We all recommend.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Moscow
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

We came to Prague to show it to our children and stayed at Athena Palace for 7 days. We were given a huge 2 rooms appartment with kitchen which was perfect for me, my husband and 2 our children.
The breakfast lady was very nice and every day baked something fresh and delicious. It was always a great choice of cold and hot food.
The reception workers helped us with every question we had and offered interesting trips in and out of Prague and good tip for restaurant.
The room was cleaned every day. We did not have problems with towels and other things.
I can't understand those who write bad reviews on this hotel. I guess they have some problems and I would advise them to stay in 5 Star Hilton where personell are robots and you don't have a feeling that they care about their guests. In this hotel we did have such feeling that all personell was happy to see us, were very friendly and smiled.
I am happy that we chose Athena Palace and recomend it to our family friends.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2010

This hotel shoudl not even be in any listing...they are completely unreliable, they chat you and tell you that the booking is confirm only to discover at arrival that you simply do not have a room. Then they are completely rude to you and say that they will need to send you to some other hotel where there is no room either.....just a dissaste. Please please do not make the mistake of staying in this hotel.

Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank EllaNorthCarolina
Thessaloniki
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

We've stayed to this hotel during our summer vacation to Prague. As Prague is a city you can walk all attractions are really close to the hotel even if it's not to historical centre.
Also, a tram station helps those who want to visit Castle area and a metro station is close enough.
I enjoyed the breakfast, the stuff is really helpful (and multilingual), there is a pc at the lobby and it's a convinient place to stay.
Highly recommended