“Great, affordable stay in Prague”
Review of Hotel u Schnellu

Hotel u Schnellu
Ranked #313 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great, affordable stay in Prague”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I spent two nights here in February 2013. The staff was friendly, the rooms were clean. The free wifi had a strong signal and was fast. The rate included hot breakfast cooked to order and a light breakfast buffet. I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the side street view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gregory F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Well, I was only in their restaurant at the breakthrough August/September (big mistake! as in my restaurant review). And even though I did not use their accommodation facility. I have to share my exxperience with the others.
In my eyes it is completely unacceptable and unproffessional to speak unpolite about the guests. When I was sitting close to the "reception" (I hope they can't be serious, that this is their reception - seems like a speakers stand in the middle of entrance hall). There was a japanese couple arrived to the "hotel". Young blonde lady smiled at them and tell them to wait. Except that they were waiting for a couple of minutes, they had to challanged to a raging sweaty lady coming from somewhere and yelling at their colleagues in Czech: "Do you have to call me? Couldn't you just let those "yellow ones" check-in... Alright and what are they hassling?" In my eyes completely poor behavior. Location of this hotel is in one of the rush streets of Prague... always traffic jams, noise and exhaust gas. I can tell you about 3 other cheap hotels 100% better quality in a perimeter of 300 meters.

Room Tip: Avoid this place.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MarsellusWallace
Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great spot easy walking distance to Praha central precinct . Trams stop right stop outside and the under ground is only 5 minute walk away.
The staff were friendly and helpful and it was very reasonablly priced. The rooms are fine and the bathroom I had was huge. There is no elevator however.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Peter E
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The location of the hotel is very convinient. 7 min walk from Karlov Bridge and Loretta. 5 min walk from a very beautiful garden and metro station, Petrin mountain. But the hotel is on a noisy street with trams, it's impossible to open the window at night and the rooms don't have conditioniers. In summer the room was very stuffy. The hotel justifies its 3 stars.

• Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Larriko
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed May 26, 2012

This restaurant was quite convenient for us, as we we staying at the hotel Augustine very close by. Our first choice this evening was no longer serving, it was 9:45, so we took a chance on this place, which was still fairly busy, and looked cozy. The atmosphere was nice, the service was quite good, but the food was substandard. I ordered duck from the traditional Czech menu. It was quite dried out and tasteless. The best part of the meal was the sauerkraut, which I would rather have had as my whole meal. I would recommend this place for a few beers, but not for the food.

Room Tip: This is only a restaurant review, as we did not stay in the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LePickyFrog
Burnham, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2012

We visited the restaurant this January. I recommend it to everyone, who is visiting the castle, it is only a shourt stroll down the road. The food is not expensive and great. The service was suprisingly really good. The girl (little bit darker skin) who served us was really friendly, attentive and always smiled. I would like to thank her for this. We were a group of 3 girls, sitting at the very back of the restaurant. The restaurant is really old style, like the whole Prague, and has this unique experience.
I would recommend it to everyone and ask for a table at the back.

I will be back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank lindabene
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We were told this restaurant offerred good czech cuisine, so we decided to give it a try on the 27th of December. Our waitress never smiled and was not at all polite. I ordered the gulash and received two slices of dumpling with a lot of ordinary flavoured gravy and a grand total of 5 peices of cubed meat (no vegetables or anything else). The meat was riddled with lumps of fat and was difficult to eat. My husband had the duck which was not tasty - it tasted old. At the end of the meal which came to 983 net (1180 with tax) we were given the bill plus a calculator with the amount we had to pay which was plus 20% for service?
I wasn't impressed and would not recommend at all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family