“Fox Apartments, Prague” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fox-In-Prague

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Prague
Fox-In-Prague
Ranked #481 of 661 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Reno, NV
“Fox Apartments, Prague”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

After researching accomodations in Prague for quite a while, we settled on the 3 bedroom Fox Apartment, liking both the area the apartment was located and the pictures of the facility I found online. I contacted them by email, and received a quick answer and was quoted a very reasonable rate for the two weeks we planned to visit Prague. I booked the apartment with Hamish, after being assured that we would have both washing machine and Internet access. Internet was particularly important, since my daughter would be taking time away from her college classes and needed to keep up with and submit course work while we were on vacation.

A few weeks before we arrived in Prague, I got an email from Hamish telling me that they had made an error in figuring our rental costs, as our stay would include part of the Easter holiday. Hamish told me that they customarily raise the rental rates for the holiday stays and I did agree to pay a higher rate for the holiday weekend.

We arrived in Prague and were met at the airport by a nice young man and driven to the apartment. But the apartment we were taken to was NOT the one I had contracted for. We wound up in a whole different area of the city. Hamish (on the phone) got a bit belligerent and told me he had sent me photos of the new place and I had approved the change. This is patently not true. We had no idea we were being moved until we reached Prague and then we had no recourse, what are you supposed to do when you've been on an airplane for more than 24 hours, don't know the town or the language? Hamish said we'd been moved because the original apartment was undergoing 'renovations.' I feel what happened is he rented that apartment to someone else for the full holiday rental rate and moved us to a less desirable property because we were paying less.

That said, I must say the the 'new' accomodation was adequate. It was clean, still was three bedrooms, although there was only one toliet for the 6 of us and the original rental had two. The new place was also at the top of 6 flights of stairs, making it difficult for my 72 year old mom to make the climb. The main problem was NO internet access which had us scrambling to find connections for my daughter to do her school work. And the washer although there, did not work, forcing us to find a laundromat. I do feel that we did pay a fair price for the apartment we did have and it all worked out OK in the end. I would, however, be cautious and make sure you get the accomodation you book.

• Liked — kitchen was nice, location was pretty good
  • Disliked — 6 flights of stairs from street, lack of ANY kind of TV, telephone, internet, washing machine broken
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Couples
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Weatherford, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2007

This isn't a hotel--its an apartment in the Vysherad area. It was close to a tram stop and we didn't have anyone there to bother us. This is an especially great place to stay if you are with a huge group! I stayed here for two weeks with one other friend and it cost us $250/each. There was a double bed, a couch, three day beds, a dining table, a kitchen, and shower/toilet. Theres even an armoire to hang all your clothes. The owners name is Michael and he's very pleasant and will help all he can.

Stayed February 2006
Oxford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2006

We stayed here for 5 days in August. It was quiet , (despite being close to a train line) clean and very good value. We had an apartment with an enormous bedroom, a separate kitchen and a bathroom. It's great for self-caterers and there is even a washing machine. While it is in Prague 2, it is 1 minute from a tram line (with 3 different trams) and 5 mins walk to the metro making it very convenient to everywhere in Prague as well as being a leisurely walk to Vysehrad. The real highlight of staying here is the Australian owner, who is friendly and incredibly helpful and accommodating. Would recommend the apartments to anyone who wants good value, quiet accommodation in Prague.

3 Thank Bananasaboutravel
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2004

I stayed with 2 friends in the Fox-in-Prague accomodations and it was wonderful! The place was extremely clean and safe and VERY spacious. There were 2 bedrooms, a kitchen and a nice size bathroom. The person who runs these apartments is one of the nicest and most accomodating I have ever met. Also, there's a metro stop not even a 5-minute walk away that takes about 10-15 minutes to get wherever you would want to be in Prague. It's a wonderful place. Check out (website)

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member