“Very good place to stay”

Eurostars Thalia Hotel
Ranked #151 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Not a five star hotel, but still a very nice place to stay. In my opinion, the location is excellent between Vltava river and the Old Town, and you can access almost anywhere in the city easily from this hotel. The hotel was clean and quiet, and the staff were very nice and helpful. I also liked the breakfast a lot: there was definitely something for everyone. Only one thing I think they could improve a bit is the size and quality of shampoo/shower gel - the bottles are really small and in a hotel that claims to be five-star they should be of better quality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Eurostars Thalia Hotel

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I'm not really sure this is a 5* hotel as they claim but it was a very nice, luxurious hotel in a good location and had friendly staff. Breakfast was very good and varied. The room was a little small and had a pretty dull view but you could have upgraded to a larger one.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel as we are on a Eurostars mailing list and a special was offered. I was a little nervous at how cheap it was, but soon discovered that Prague is probably the best value for a traveller at this point in time. We were upgraded to a big room overlooking the street, but because of the street noise, trams and early morning jackhammers we asked to be shifted to a quieter room. Although it was a smaller room it did have a king sized bed. Perfectly clean, reliable wifi, an excellent breakfast included (although I didn't like the "nightclub" decor of the breakfast room - Fluoro lights behind red Perspex) . The only other feedback I would add is that the signage within the hotel is a little too subtle. Gym seemed too small to bother with - maybe I don't need much excuse to give it a miss!!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Eurostars Thalia in Prague is conveniently located, a bit away from the madness of old town (a quick 10 min. walk) and right next to the #22 tram which takes you to all the sights. The staff is welcoming and helpful; the hotel has a boutique feel and is VERY clean. The rooms are well appointed, though as one reviewer said, the beds are rock hard (thus a 4 rather than 5 star rating).
Definitely a great value and would recommend a stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We spent 4 nights here, it was in all terms suberb. Although it is rather a very good 4* hotel (and not a 5*) we had nothing to complaint about. We had a top-floor room (4th floor), which was very large and spacy. Room was absolutely clean. Variety of breakfast is excellent. Service is also flawless.
A personal note: we booked a standard room but got an upgrade for free for a top-floor room when we checked-in (wondering why...I guess standard rooms were over-booked)
The hotel is located close to the monuments of Prag, we basically did not use any public transport, but could walk to each of those.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I'm a big one for using tripadvisor to book my hotels and never usually stray over the 100's in terms of popularity. I was slightly apprehensive about booking this hotel when I saw it was number 145 out of 600 or so hotels in Prague but I was delighted I did. Prague is a very popular city and I think the hotel is great value for money. It is is in a perfect location - walking distance from everywhere, which is very important in a city like this where taxi drivers are renowned for ripping off tourists. We didn't get transport once while we were there (apart from the tour bus around the city). Breakfast is great and rooms are lovely. Beds are hard as mentioned in previous posts, but not horrifically so. TV wasn't great but who spends time in Prague watching tv.) Service was good, they take a credit card on check in so have one ready. We spent our three nights in the nice little bar next door sipping on glasses of very cheap wine (I think 5 drinks cost us €10!) then 1 minute out the door to bed. Perfect holiday and great choice of hotel for a city break.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed here on business for a couple of nights and really liked it. I had a spacious top floor room with good views over the rooftops, and found that the hotel had quite a "boutique" feel, which was a nice change from the usual chain hotels. Food (had breakfast and lunch) was very good too. To top it off, all aspects of service were exceptionally good, from check-in to check out.

Given that it's very well located too, this is a hotel that I'd happily return to, and spend my own money on.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business