“service”

Eurostars Thalia Hotel
Ranked #157 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 27, 2012

The counter service was good. But there are NO welcome coffee and tea pot anything in the room. Also they did NOT change grass cup and clean up in the trash for 3days. I am very very disappointment this services. I have never that kind of service before. Even cheep hotel do this service. but this hotel was Not. I don't want to stay here anymore.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was a 5 star from the beginning. Location is centrally located to Olde Towne. The entire hotel lobby and halls have tile floors and no carpeting. Staff were on top of everything. The room on the upper floor (417) was unbelievable. It had a modern look with a slanted wall, hardwood floors, and with windows directly facing Prague castle with a breathtaking view. the windows opened and had automatic shades. There was a bottle of champagne on ice and box of chocolates waiting in the room. The bed was meticulously clean and there were ample electrical outlets to charge up devices. the bathroom was spotless with a very big and deep bathtub and warming lights. The morning breakfast served in the basement was very good as well. This would be a dream studio apartment in Prague 1.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Dafineberg
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hotel room was spacious and had character, but room was extremely hot and uncomfortable even with the aircon on full blast. This meant we needed to open the velux windows in the evening and then had to put up with the noise from the streets. This room would probably be much more cosy and enjoyable in spring or autumn.
Check in and check out was very efficient.
We selected (our own choice) a top floor room as it has a (limited) view of Prague Castle. Room is split level with a king size bed and a double sofa bed for us and our 2 children. The sofa bed was not very comfortable and squeaked every time one of them moved which also didn't help us getting to sleep.
Hotel is well located near the river. Approx 10 mins walk to the Charles Bridge and also to the main shopping area or the Old Square. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.
We were also able to walk to the hotel from the train station with roller cases in about 15 minutes, easier on arrival than on the way back (as more uphill on the way back).
The room had 15 small velux windows which were controlled electronically, aircon, a small fridge. Room had a separate toilet and bath / shower area. Leather chair in the room had a slight split and looked a little past it's best.
Breakfast selection was on a lower level floor which shows some of the character of the hotel. Choice available at breakfast was fairly standard.
Prague is definitely worth a visit and I think we may have been unlucky to be in Prague when they had a heat wave.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for 4 nights with my family and we booked 2 rooms. The hotel is located in a pretty good area, close to the Charles bridge, old town square and Wenceslas square. But if you can whip your google maps on your phone, you can find even quicker shortcuts like we did.

The hotel is tastefully decorated, brightly lit hallways and the rooms are clean. Because we had 2 rooms next to each other, there was an external door which we could lock and close, giving us our own "foyer" which was a nice touch. Wifi was free and consistent.

However, the pillows were pretty bad. It was very soft and flat. Even with replacement pillows, it was still the same. The shower was a bit weak which was a bit annoying, and the air conditioner was hard to use.

It was a bit noisy as I slept with the windows open, was a bit warm ( I did mention the air conditioner was hard to operate). I know it's beyond the hotel's control but its probably worth mentioning the shouting and screaming of drunkards on the street in the wee hours. I was on the 3rd floor.

Members of staff were obliging and very friendly, as well as keen to help. Breakfast was decent, a good spread and variety to choose from.

Would I return? I would but with my own pillow. Haha.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Arthertbc0702
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This is definatly not a 5* Hotel
My husband and I arrived on the 07/10/2012 for five days to celebrate his birthday.
I booked the break through last minute.com, whilst booking I mentioned it was my Husbands birthday and the lovely advisor made a note to request the best room available with a nice view, she also advised me to email the hotel direct, which I did twice, we did not receive the nice room or any acknowledgement of the request.

RECEPTION
I realise it was late in the day when we arrived, around 9pm, the receptionist was very to the point and not very welcoming

ROOM
The room was number 317
This is a very average room with a side view that needed some attention!
Blackout curtains had many many holes in them
Stains on the cushions on the bed
Dressing table area, the wood was all chipped
Tiles were missing from bathroom
Bathroom fitting missing
Tap kept falling off in bath
Towel rail was falling off over the bath
Shower was old and only half the shower head worked
Black marks on the wooden floor that still remained the day we left
No tea and coffee making facilities
Toiletries were basic, 5* toiletries are usually of quality
Room size was ok
Small flat screen telly, no options to buy film, only news that were English speaking
Lots of hot water

BREAKFAST
Hot and cold options available, the buffet was refilled the minute it emptied
I asked for a boiled egg on the second morning, the waiter arrived with lovely warm boiled egg and made sure there was more put onthe buffet, every morning they brought me a boiled egg, nice touch

Would I recommend this Hotel?
Hotel is in a perfect location in the middle of all attraction
It's not the best looking building compared to the amazing buildings in Prague
If you are looking for basic clean hotel then YES
If you are looking for a special, romantic, luxury, 5* then defiantly NO

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracey W
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The position of the hotel was good for us as we did not want to be too close to Wenceslas Square. Less than 10 min walk to Charles Bridge. Bar area and staff very welcoming and resonable priced drinks. Rooms were average in size and clean with a huge, but very firm, bed. Breakfast was ample with fresh fruit, yoghurts, meats and cheeses. bread, pastries and a hot selection. The restaurant staff always arranged the tables so that 6 of us could sit together for breakfast. The only thing that we felt was lacking was no tea/coffee maker in room. Very pleased with our choice of hotel in a city where there is so many to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We recently spent four days in the Eurostars Thalia. It is centrally located and there are a few good and not very expensive restaurants around. Breakfast was not very good but mainly because some of the customers were taking everything away from the buffet preparing sandwiches. The room was clean and spacious, but some improvements could be made with lights, and the noise you could hear from the street. The most important thing is that after we complained about these things, the manager personally called us and assured that he had taken note and would try to improve and change the things we had complained about. I value this a lot ,as you do not often find hotel managers getting in contact with you specially when you complain. I believe that having these people working for them is a great asset for companies as Eurostars.

Room Tip: I believe rooms in the attic are even more spacious and nice.