“Excellent place to stay”

Clarion Hotel Prague City
Ranked #141 of 649 Hotels in Prague
North Fort Myers, Florida
“Excellent place to stay”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

This is a very nice hotel in an good location. The room is large for Europe and very comfortable we have everything we need. There is a large bathtub with a shower. The hotel is on a square and there was a flea market there one day, an exotic food festival the next day and 2 days later a farmers market. Our room faces the square and it faces the tram line, but it is very quiet in the room. The staff at the front desk is very friendly and helpful, speaking only English is no problem.
The breakfast is excellent and the staff there is great. We would not hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: We were in room 207. This is near the elevator and stairs. We have a good view of the square.
2 Thank Nancy_M3426
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for spending your valuable time and giving us feedback regarding your stay. I am delighted to read that you were impressed with your stay.
Thank you for complimenting our rooms, location and most importantly, the level of service extended to you by our colleagues who are dedicated in making your stay comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Thank you for making Clarion Hotel Prague City**** your destination of choice. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Slovak first
Singapore
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at Clarion Prague for 3 nights in June. The hotel is very close to I.P. Pavlova Metro station on the C line (red line) and there is a tram stop within a 1 min walk from the hotel. The location is ideal, as you are easily connected to the main Prague attractions via the Metro or even better with the number 22 tram. Around the hotel, there are cafes, grocery stores, bank ATMs, McDonalds and a Tesco Express store.

The room is reasonably sized and the bathroom is spacious. The hotel itself is well maintained and clean. Breakfast is in the café downstairs, and it was a decent spread. A few vegetarian options as well, not sure if this is standard or if it was in response to our request made at the time of booking. A pleasant surprise for us!

For late checkout, there is a charge of EUR 5 per hour and the reception was happy to do it.
No complaints, and would recommend staying in the hotel.

Dear Guest,
I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. Thank you for choosing to write a review on TripAdvisor regarding our hotel and for sharing your experience to other guests seeking accommodation options in Prague.
Thank you for highly recommending our hotel. We certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and serving you again in the near future.

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Me And my Wife booked 1 week for our honeymoon, from the very first moment everything was just perfect, starting from the cheerful reception team, fast check in, welcoming bell boy, clean room, nice gesture for our honeymoon, delicious daily breakfast.. etc. every thing.

im glad i was lucky knowing this place in the lovely praha.

special thank for miss Zulueta and her team.

Regards
Peter

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive such a positive and warm review of your stay.
Besides the excellent product we have, I am sure that it is our service and attention to details, are what makes us special. Still, we will work hard every day to try to deliver a perfect experience for all our guests.
Once again, thank you very much for recommending our hotel and I do hope we will have the opportunity to provide you with a superior experience in the very near future.

Rishon Lezion, Israel
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I arrived to Clarion hotel few weeks after my first visit there.

As before the Reception people were friendly and warm welcome. I have got the room immediately (before the check in time). There are hotels that even they have empty rooms don't give you the room. To have the room immediately is very appreciate since after night with flight you need to fresh a little before you run out.

The internet didn't work well but the stuff take care this very seriously and fix it.

As I wrote before the location is very good and because I have more time this trip I discover many bars, Restaurants and shops arround which are very use to eat or shop there.

I wrote it before I like to use room mini bar even the prices not cheap but to have 0.2 litter botles is bad. Clarion hotel shoud put 0.33 litter soft beverages. (If you like to increase the prices more so be) To drick sample is poor.
I call 0.2 Litter beverages "a sample".
But this not disturb of the staying in this hotel.

One thing disturb in the hotel the noise in the hall. I am not sure from what but maybe it is the room service girls.

I hope to be there soon again!

Room Tip: The rooms windows can't be open for fresh air so who need fresh air this hotel is not for him.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holiday and sincerely appreciate your kind acknowledgement of our team and level of service.
Once again, thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed in Clarion Hotel Prague City for 9 days (from 31st of May 2014 until 9th of June) with breakfast included. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The service was very good and they helped us a lot. We also received a complimentary fruit basket upon arrival and a bottle of champagne on our wedding day (we had a destination wedding in Prague) which was very nice of them as we didn't even tell them that we are getting married.

It cost us about 611 CZK to get to the hotel from the airport(fairly average price to get to and from airport). Even if it looks like far from the town center it is really not and you can comfortably walk there but if you really don't feel like walking the hotel is right next to a metro station (I.P. Pavlova) and a tram stop. There are many restaurants around the hotel, all of them very nice and cheap (compared to town center) but they all close a lot earlier (10 pm - 11 pm). The hotel is also right next to KFC and McDonald's.

The room was quite big with a great bathroom with a big bathtub (which is always nice), the room was clean and lovely, had a big TV and a very nice closet. We also had an ironing board and iron in the closet which was very handy. The hairdryer was strong which is a nice change from other hotels.
The breakfast buffet was pretty average and nothing special but still very decent. The room service breakfast on the other hand was amazing. Be careful how much you order for your room service breakfast as the portions are very big and we couldn't eat everything!
Our room had A/C that worked just fine but it would be nice if the window/balcony door could be opened to get some fresh air in.
One of the negative things was the bed, we traveled as a couple and we asked for a double bed but it was actually just two beds pushed together each with it is own bedding which made it a bit uncomfortable to sleep close to each other. And another thing, the duvets were a bit too thick for the season.
The WiFi worked great on a laptop but it was hard getting a signal on our smaller devices (phone, iPad etc.)
Overall it was a good experience and if we ever go back to Prague again we know what hotel we are staying at.

2 Thank Mrs_AnnaF
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
it is with great pleasure to read your very kind review of your stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am very pleased to read that we were able to make your trip an amazing experience.
I am happy, that you found our rooms comfortable, our level of service superb and our staff very helpful and friendly.
Thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Veszprem
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We spent 3 days with a friend's company in 3 rooms, all were perfect. Clean, very quiet, really comfortable beds and pillows. You can open the upper part of the window. Good bathroom, one can't criticise with base it.
The staff is perfect. One pair of us came from Germany plus after the booking one more person came with us: the personnel managed it like the most natural issue, even to gave us our rooms directly next to each other. (I'd like to explain my thanks to Ms Marina Zulueta for her help:)
The location is acceptable, but not s o close to the city center and the Old Town...but the Wenceslas Square 7-8, the Old Town is cca. 15 minutes walk...say so:)
Prague is amazing...walk, walk, walk...and watch it. Watch inside the gates, the roofs of the old houses...watch everything. Take a cruise on Vltava, climb the Nerudova...and many more.
We need more time to know the town better - and we wiil have.
I can recommend the Hotel any time...

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. It is with great pleasure that I extend such a positive feedback to our colleagues who are dedicated to ensuring your stay is memorable and highly valued.
It was certainly our pleasure to ensure your holiday was as relaxing as you have so warmly describe.
Once again, thank you very much for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.
I certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 11, 2014

When you read this hotel's online reviews, the service sounds too good to be true. But its true. I stay at hotels all the time; this is my first review and i wrote it to express appreciation.

My wife and I booked a two night stay together with our infant son, and after spending the night we had legitimate issue with the room - one that can happen anywhere.

What impressed us was the hotel's reaction when we brought this to their attention. They changed our room, did everything they could to make us comfortable and recompense us for the issue, and the manager even sent fruit to our room as a courtesy to apologize for the inconvenience. Even before the stay when i needed to finalize a detail with the front desk, they called me back overseas before i arrived to do the utmost.

While not extravagant - the hotel is incredibly comfortable, clean and its convenient for getting to attractions. The rooms are tasteful and cozy. The metro is nearby by and the 22 tram provides a scenic short trip toward the mala strana and castle district. The concierge is also excellent and the desk staff professional and the service five star.

This is my third stay at a Clarion in Prague and i can really stay that the staff in both the Old Town where i have stayed twice in the past and Prague City Clarion where i just stayed are attentive and really try to make the stay very comfortable.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tayarolami
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.
It was certainly our pleasure to ensure you an absolutely wonderful experience.
I would also like to thank you for acknowledging the efforts of our team members and their dedication in ensuring that your expectations are exceeded.
Once again, thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.