“Lovely stay.. Great staff.. Best location.. above expectations!”

Clarion Hotel Prague City
Ranked #126 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed April 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Clarion hotel for few days during our last eurotrip..
We were only searching the internet for a hotel with good location and good price. It was our first visit to beautiful prague. We booked online and got the address.
We easily arrived there around 5 PM, it was a 15-20 minutes walk from the train station, right in the middle of the city center with lots of all kinds of shops, restaurants, tram and bus stops around. The smiling welcoming front desk staff checked us in immediately to our lovely super clean room. It was way above what we expected for the price we're paying. everything was very tidy and modern. Free wifi was also provided in the room.
The staff there were amazingly friendly and helpful. they would do whatever they can to assist and help. A receptionist actually recommended a place right around the corner when we mentioned that we're interested in trying Czech food and it was amazing.
We could also buy the 'hop on hop off' buss tickets from the reception, and the bus stop was just behind the hotel, and i highly recommend it as well.
Everything about our stay in Prague was amazingly beautiful. and I'm already recommending Clarion hotel to everyone I know!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us at Clarion Hotel Prague City****.
I am happy that you found our rooms extremly clean and comfortable, our level of service superb and our staff very helpful and professional.
Thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor. Along with my team, we certainly look forward to the opportunity to welcoming your return in the very near future.

Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Clarion Hotel with my husband for 3 nights. The overall experience was quite good, but in my opinion there is room for improvement.
The pros of this hotel were:
- the excellent location, you have tramway and metro stations on your doorstep but if you wish you can also walk to the Old Town;
- the room was clean, nice and comfortable, expecially the shower was excellent;
- all receptionists were friendly and helpful;
- soundproof balcony made the room very quiet at night.
On the other hand, the following things should and could be addressed to improve guests' experience:
- wifi connection in the room was very bad, it went down very often - we were there on holidays so it was a minor issue, but if I had been there on business trip I would have changed hotel!
- some towels were very old, with holes - again a minor issue because they were clean, but of course such a thing does not give a good image;
- balcony could not be opened - of course the room was equipped with air conditioning, but especially in the morning I would prefer to have fresh air instead of using air con;
- breakfast was average;
- finally, the worst thing during our stay was that we asked for a double bed in the reservation, but not only the bed was equipped with 2 separate mattresses, they were even prepared individually, each of them with its own very short blankets. Bedding should definitely be improved!
Despite this issues I pointed out, we had a very pleasant stay at this hotel and would gladly come back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking your valuable time and giving us feedback about your stay. While I am pleased to read that you had pleasant time with us, I was of course concerned to learn that you have been left to feel disappointed by certain points during your recent stay.
We greatly value all guest comments, both positive and constructive, and I am pleased to assure you that these have been thoroughly noted to assist us in managing better our guest expectations.
Once again, thank you very much for a review and I look forward to the opportunity of personally welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My whife and I stayed for a weekend in march 2014 at the Clarion Hotel Prague City.
My very best recommendations to this hotel. Excellent service from the reception with miss Mariana in the lead. Clean and comfortable room with double bed. Tasteful breakfast meal.
A tramcar line 22 only 5 minutes from the hotel. The line goes to the Castle on the top of the hill. The walking distance from the hotel to the old city center of Prague, about 30 minutes.

When going back to Prague, my whife and I are sure to visit Clarion Hotel Prague City.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bjoern B
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Guest,
it is with great pleasure to read your very kind review of your visit to Clarion Hotel Prague City****. Thank you for complimenting the level of service extended to you by our colleagues who are dedicated in making your stay a comfortable and enjoyable experience.
Once again, thank you for highly recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

We were here for a couple of nights 10 to 12 march 2014
We were nicely surprised
Very nice hotel friendly staff large room with a nice price
I get it from bookin for 55 euro the night
We will be back, Next time in prague
Thanks to all the staff members

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Blmajdi
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to provide us with feedback. We consider a return visit one of the best compliments we could receive and are gratful to hear that you plan on returning.
Once again, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We certainly look very much forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Our stay at the Clarion was very enjoyable. The staff were incredibly welcoming, friendly and helpful. It's situated in a fantastic location - we were able to walk everywhere and never used the public transport system. It's next to a DM store (healthcare, cosmetics etc) and there are food stores all around. A short walk to Wenceslas Square.

We stayed in a 'Superior Room' which was the perfect size. There is a large table to work on, plenty of room to move around and very clean. There is a heated towel rack in the bathroom (perfect for drying hand-washed clothes)

The buffet breakfast is THE best we've had in Prague and definitely worth the extra cost. The buffet changes everywhere and it is great quality food.

The only negative I can think of is that the window in the room doesn't open. However there are rooms with the option to open them.

Overall, it is absolutely excellent, unbeatable value. This will always be our first choice for a hotel under AUD 80 a night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank quincale
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at Clarion Hotel Prague City****. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and to receive a positive and warm review of your stay.
I appreciate your acknowledgement about our hotel rooms, breakfast and services.
Once again, thank you for sharing a review on TripAdvisor and highly recommending our hotel.
I look very much forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights,hotel is within walking distance to most tourist attractions.The rooms were clean and breakfast was adequate,what impressed us most about this hotel was the staff on reception.They were very helpful and very welcoming.We would definitely stay here again,

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Zulueta, Manager at Clarion Hotel Prague City, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I am very pleased of your recognition of our front desk colleagues. Your feedback is much appreciated and I take great pleasure in sharing your warm comments with them directly.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

It is a very cosy hotel with a very nice restaurant right in front of the hotel. I stayed four days in prague. unfortunately i could not enjoy my whole time because i stuck in the room for two days due to my sudden lower back pain. (related to a injury recent soccer game) anyway i did not compain about it at all. thanks to kind hotel staff and nice outside restaurant, i spent my two days apart from my friends but still enjoying the streetlife of prague by having nice meals with czech beer.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor and it is never too late for us to hear from our guests. I am very pleased to read that you had a memorable and enjoyable stay with us. We pride ourselves in delivering a unique experience for all our guests.
Once again, I appreciate you recommending our hotel and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.