“Cheap, clean, close to the center”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Prague City

Prague City
Ranked #136 of 370 Prague B&B and Inns
Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
“Cheap, clean, close to the center”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was there one year ago. It was very cold outside. The rooms were warm, clean. It was perfect for me, and my 3 friends, for two nights.

I think this place is perfect, if you do not need a kitchen to cook for yourself. Very close to the pension, there is a place, called Akropolis, where we spent our evenings, and had lunch or dinner. There are computers to use internet, at the reception, but there is even wi-fi.

The train-station is only two steps with the tram, the center is also very close. The neighborhood is very charming.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

When we first arrived we were put in a very poor twin room (when we had booked a double), which had a overwhelming smell of stale tobacco, very poor quality beds and no shower. After complaining to the man on reception we were moved to a much better quality double room in another part of the hotel. While the room itself was an improvement, the sheets were a little dirty and the location on the ground floor meant that it was noisy all night long.

Breakfast is extremely poor, stale bread, day-old boiled eggs and unclean glasses, whatever you do do not have the breakfast, go elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Charlotte R

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels

Lincoln uk
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed for 4 nights. The room was spacous and clean. There is no coffee making facilities in the room so had to walk to nearest place. Also there was no privacy between the bathroom and bedroom due to there being a large glass panel in the door. It was close to trams going into the centre of town so good location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is not in the middle of "action" but only 20-30 minutes walk from it so it's an ok location. On the other hand there are good things to see around it such as Můj šálek kávy and Al Cafetero (great coffeshops) and Riegrovy sady (park). The rate is really low while the rooms are comfortable and clean. It has wifi too. No breakfast included but that's ok. Prague is a wonderful city and you should go out anyway! The staff are friendly and I had no problem.

Room Tip: I'd go again
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed a few nights here and were unimpressed with it to say the least. Lets start with the entry/hallways they stink... They smell slightly of urine. I suppose if they just updated the carpet that the smell would go away, but who knows.The entry to the rooms is an old lock and key system that we really struggled with. It takes a few tries to figure it out... Not the end of the world but just annoying if you were in a rush. I also couldn't help but notice the hotel had no fire evacuation plan/escape. Random observation maybe, but if there was a fire what the hell would you do???The bathroom doesn't have a proper shower. You had to hold the shower head over yourself to have a shower... One of us would stand above the other and hold the shower head while the other person showered. Maybe this is common in Prague but when we moved to another hotel they definitely had a normal shower with a fantastic wall mounted shower head. The noise from the cars driving over the cobble stone can be pretty loud but overall I would say it was relatively quiet in the area. The room we had was huge, and the proximity to old town was pretty good. I would recommend this hotel to young travelers looking for a cheap place to stay. It's an upgraded hostel with private rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Me and my husband went for a week in September, I was disappointed not to stay in one of the nicer rooms as shown on the website but sent to a room in a house around the corner (this could be because I ticked the smoking room option) The room was clean, towels and sheets changed twice,nice big window, but the tv did not work,and the two shabby armchairs let the room down. we requested the free kettle as shown on website and received no problem. Was further from the centre than I had liked therefore we bought travel tickets from the newsagent and got the No 9 tram. The Einstein pizza bar at the corner on the main road was nice and we discovered an amazing Chinese when we turned left for a change and a wander. We booked a taxi via hotel to and from the airport for 27 euros each way.
Even though there was builders at property from 8.30 - 5pm and a security light outside constantly off/on during the night we would go again, good price.

Room Tip: This is fine if you dont expect 5 star quality
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed there in the summer for 3 days and I was really happy there.
This hotel was much better than I expected based on some of the reviews.
I really didn't expect so good accommodation.
My room was quite big and with wooden floor I like very much and was clean.
Pubs are all around and the hotel is only a few blocks from the train station so it's very convenient getting around town.
Wifi works and in tv is a lot of English Channels.
I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo