“Even with early reservation, room was not available! Stay away!!”
Review of Czech Inn

Czech Inn
Ranked #8 of 660 Specialty Lodging in Prague
São Paulo
“Even with early reservation, room was not available! Stay away!!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I had a premier double room reserved for me and my wife, to check into the hotel in May 12th, 2012. We got to the hotel at the end of the day, after almost 20 hours of flight from Brazil, plus connecting flight from Madrid. The man at the conter told us that the room we reserved was not available due to some hidraulic problem in the hotel. He offered us to stay in a room with a shared bathroom and a shared kitchen. We hesitated to accept the offer, and then he gave us free breakfast for the lenght of our stay. We took the offer and went to the room. When we got there we figured out that the room was in the mezzanine of a room that was already occupied by other people, and our room didn't have a window, only an aperture in the ceiling, with no curtains, so we would wake up with the sunshine...awesome! After a few minutes thinking about the kind of "situations" we could face in that shared kitchen an living room, we decided to go find another hotel. The front man, told us that we would stay in that room for one night only, and then he would move us to the kind of room we booked. For obvious reasons, we couldn't believe him. I told him we wanted to cancel our reservation, and that we were going to another hotel. He told me that I would be charged for the first night (I really got offended with that, because I was there.....and THEY didn't have my booked room. Why do I need to pay for they error or inefficiency?). After some minutes of an exhausting discussion with the front man, he finally agreed to let us go without charging anything. The hotel looked good, but unfortunatelly i didn't got what I booked....and it was very difficult to make them understand it was their fault and not mine.......if you intend to go there, be prepared........and make sure you get what you book. We ended at the Ibis Wencelas Square (much better location and service, for a few bucks more........if you can pay a little more, don't waste your time and don't take the risk).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
amman
Reviewed February 10, 2013

well I was going though Europe this summer and stayed in a lot of hostels in different cities, but I have to say, by far, this is actually the best one I have stayed in! The room was honestly a complete shocker, you'd feel like you're in a 5 star hotel, the linens are comfy, bathrooms are very clean, and the whole room just looks so modern... It doesn't stop there, there's a cozy little bar downstairs that offers some snacks and you'll find that it becomes very busy at night, very friendly crowd, feel free to walk up and start a conversation with anyone! The staff is polite and helpful, all you need to do is ask. However the only thing I didn't like is that some rooms are facing the main street and it might get a bit disturbing due to the tram lines, other than that I'll Definitely be staying there again if I'm ever back in Prague...

Room Tip: Chose a room on the opposite side of the main street, lees noise and a better night's sleep.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank omar_jazi
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hostel was very clean and stylish. The staff were extremely helpful and gave lots of advice. The rooms (private room) were huge, clean and the beds were really comfortable. The bar is a great place to meet people and very cheap. Brilliant value for money.

WOULD DEFINITELY recommend staying here!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My stay here was totally fabulous. The rooms are great and very clean. The kitchen facility for the apartments are good (however no microwave) and the showers are beautiful.
Staff are happy and helpful too.

The location is a bit out of the way, but honestly, the trams are so easy and cheap it's not an issue.

The only issue I had was with the wifi on the 5th floor... I could access it, but not connect unless I was on level 2 or below. I could connect down there, and take it upstairs for between 20 and 40 minutes, before having to go downstairs and reconnect. This was not a problem with my device, as I talked to a few people with the same issue.

They have trivia nights and a nice bar and eatery. Fun!

Room Tip: Don't go on a high floor if you like reliable wifi!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It was a last minute decision when I booked Czech Inn during the visit to Prague. When I searched on the hostel list, this appears at the top place, and all kinds of services, ambiance, value, cleanliness are worth getting the highest rating. What's more is its great location. (Close to places a traveler would like to visit and a popular bakery in town)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a hostel that’s marketed to your average backpacker or budget traveler. I came to Prague on a last minute notice without any hotel reservation and Czech Inn was top of the search list when I Googled for an immediate overnight accommodation. Luckily they had a spare room that was meant for two but I got to stay in it by myself. The double accommodation was pretty basic with two beds and sink. Bathroom was to be shared with everyone else on the floor which I didn’t mind since it was kept clean and well-maintained. An unfortunate experience with a group of loud American teenagers made me reconsider the place. One of the things to keep in mind when staying at backpacker places. Luckily the manager was kind enough to offer me one of the rooms in one of the apartments upstairs. He managed to turn the whole experience around and I was very happy to find this place. It was a spacious loft with a neat roof window which I always love since it brings in natural light to the whole room. The kitchen has a working stove and counters are stocked with dining plates and utensils. The bedroom though was kind of tight but good enough to sleep in. They even went to the extent of providing bathroom amenities which I wasn’t expecting which added a touch of professionalism you would only find in a decent hotel. Bedroom had access to a roof deck which you shared with the other apartments. This might be something unwelcomed especially if the room next door decides to throw a party but I remember seeing a notice from the management posted on the door addressing this potential problem. For an additional price you get to have breakfast at the café downstairs in the morning which isn’t really that bad but it’s not spectacular either. It’s best to create your own meals if you have access to a kitchen. A lot of convenience stores can be found near the area so you won’t have trouble looking for some items you might need. Beside the reception area they had a number of computers you can use in case you needed to check your e-mail although if you brought your own laptop there’s WiFi in the whole building. I can’t recall if it was free though. The overall dedication and friendly atmosphere from the staff was what won me over and I really wished I could stay longer. I was even surprised to find the manager working the reception which is not a common scene in big hotels and they go that extra mile to understand what you need and give you information about getting around town. The map they give out was really handy and I made sure I had it with me at all times since it’s got all these useful information on it. Check out was also easy although if you’re unlucky might have to wait in line if there’s big group checking in at the counter. They have this area where you can leave your luggage in case you want to do a last run around town before going. This is definitely going to be the place I come back to when I return to Prague soon.

Room Tip: Any room without loud teenagers is always good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Brazil
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Looks more like a hotel than a hostel. Nice private bathrooms, very clean and modern. Just felt that it was a little far from the old part of the town, but it was ok. Just a short trip using the tram.
The breakfest (not included) is very nice.
Staff is nice too, there was a girl that spoke Spanhish and Portuguese. Very helpfull.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends