Czech Inn
Preferred Hotels
$824
$481
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbasement barbed dormtram stopa private double roombeautiful hostelthe free walking tourperson roomown bathroomcity centrekey cardold townenjoyed my staypublic transporteuropestopssinkslock
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed in an 8-bed dorm at the Czech Inn in October. The place was really comfortable and tidy, and there was a lot of attention paid to the aesthetic of the place. It certainly felt more fashionable than the majority of the hostels in which I've stayed in my travels. It was only about 15 euros a night without breakfast. The pillows were big and comfy, the blanket was warm...
My only issue was the location - it wasn't exactly in the town centre. I mean, it wasn't far away enough to be annoying - maybe 10-15 minutes by tram - but it wasn't super convenient.

I'd recommend it.

Room Tip: Pick a bed away from the window! It's quite loud outside, specifically with the trams.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank _dawson93
Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is without a doubt the best hostel I've had the chance to stay in. My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights and we were stunned at what we got for the price we payed!!
Breakfast was not included but it was unexpensive and totally worth it: beans, eggs, flakes, o-juice, bread with all the toppers you could think of, etc. A real breakfast like this makes a whole lot of difference in one's day!!
Regarding the room, it was very clean and although it was shared (4 people) we felt safe about leaving our belongings in the room, for they provide a safe the size of your luggage under your bed. Also there's an elevator, unlike in most hostels, so you don't have to drag you luggage along the stairs.
Finally, the service we got was excellent. They sold us the tickets to the tram (which is very close by!) and they told us about very interesting one-day trips to Terezin and Kutna hora, which we did take and were glad we did.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cassandra-Hoz
Reviewed October 26, 2012

the toilet stank.... have they even heard of u bends in prague? the receptionist was rude both coming into the hotel and questioned us about previous marks that were left on the wall from previous guest i presume and to make things worse we were charged for them!! we left rubbish in a carrier bag after we tidied up and were again charged for leaving rubbish in room. czech inn ? i say czech out STRAIGHT AWAY. APPAULED

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jonny B
Reviewed October 10, 2012

When I went to check in the woman at the front desk ask me to wait and then she would let me know. After 5 minutes she left work. 100 Czech Crown deposit for Towel was more than other hostels. The water in the shower stops every couple of minutes if you don't push the button again.
Bar is ok. It plays old American movies and has inexpensive beer.
They change the sheets which is nice compared to some hostels. Only 1 elevator, if you want to take stairs in lets you out on street and not in hotel. There is a sink in the room.
The hostel is at the bottom of a massive hill that is not fun to walk. Tram #23 and #4 are close by to take though. Price is very good.
The pub crawl at night was fun but probably slightly over priced, especially if you don't like random weird shots.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CDins
Reviewed October 4, 2012

This wasn't your typical hostel, there is a lot of attention paid to the design and comfort. Those rainfall shower heads are great and really gave the place a luxurious feel. The location is a little far from the center and there isn't a lot nearby, but the tram line is very efficient and brings you directly to the historic center and metro stations. They also offer a lot of great services like free walking tours, bar hoping, a shuttle service to the airport and a very affordable breakfast buffet. We stayed in a private en suite and I was disappointed that they did not have a kitchen space to store food and cook small meals, which is something that I like about hostels.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple