“I would stay here again without reservation”
Review of Czech Inn

Czech Inn
Ranked #10 of 650 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Pensacola
“I would stay here again without reservation”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I'll start out with my complaints: the rooms were stark, one mirror was not enough, and concrete floor in the bathroom left me cold. That said, we were greeted by a cheery young man at the check in desk who spoke excellent English. He quickly oriented us on a provided map to surrounding city sites and made recommendations according to our expressed wants. There is beer on draft available in house outside breakfast hours. Original Budweiser is only 25 kr per 0.3L glass during happy hour - good value, good tasting beer. I like it better than the US imitator! The beer stube can get noisy into the night but none of that noise can reach your rooms unless you open the windows. Interior hallways can be very dark at night until you learn the shape and location of the light switches. I would recommend one of those little LED flashlights per couple. Breakfast is 110 kr purchased the night before, 120 kr the day of. Offerings are fruit, muesli, yogurt, hard scrambled eggs, frankfurters, two types of cold cuts, sliced bread, bottled juice, tea and coffee. Tram stop is nearby with heart of old city 5 minutes away. The transportation system really is excellent and folks speak enough English to help you over the rough spots. It sure did my older eyes good to see 5 pairs of young eyes trying to puzzle out how to operate an automatic ticket machine for the tram. A local usually steps in and helps out; written Czech is inscrutable. There are 5 internet consoles in the lobby and hotel WiFi is available but both for a fee. Having now been to Prague, I regret we only got a taste. Next visit will stay at a posher place 15-20 minutes out by tram for 20-30% less. Just download a city map for orientation and get specific directions to reach your hotel from airport or train station.

Room Tip: Avoid 2nd floor...excuse me, first floor room over the beer stube. The two bedroom suites are immens...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed October 5, 2011

We stayed for three nights the last week in September. There is 24 hour reception, a 24 hr pub across the street, and a pub in the hostel. All of the staff were cool and we met some really cool travelers from all over the world. The hostel is easy to get to (just follow the instructions on the website). We signed up for the free walking tour w/ New Europe and Jacob was our guide. He is the best so try and get on his tour. The in-house pub offers a sweet happy hour and there is free wi-fi. All of the other guests were really fun and we signed up for a pub crawl (met at clock tower and was associated w/ New Europe). The "pub" crawl was really more of a "club" crawl so dress appropriately. We booked a private two person room and it was across from the bathroom and was a great deal. Book w/ confidence and bring your party clothes!

Dublin
Reviewed October 1, 2011

We (my boyfriend and I-Both in our mid-twenties) spent 3 nights here in August 2011 and I can say we found it excellent. We were interrailing and this was the nicest hostel we stayed in during our trip. It was right beside the tram stop, the room was very big and clean, bathroom shared with another couple was very clean and the breakfast was cheap and good. Also a nice bar with sports shown.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed there for 4 nights at the beginning of this month. We stayed in a double room. There was enough room for our baggage and hangers in the room. Clean private facilities made our stay very confortable. Lift in the building is a plus to carry baggage to your up floor. Breakfast is not included in the price, but they offer breakfast at good price.

The location is not in the centre of Prague, but in a very quiet area and not very difficult to get to Old Town once you know how to thanks to tram and metro.

We had to exchange Euro to the local currency, but we found that exchange at this place is the safest and honest. They do not always have enough local currency to sell though.

Room Tip: - Clean room. - Shower jel + lotion supplied. - Nice shower and I bet you will enjoy it either at...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Noriko78
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 14, 2011

This place may look amazing, be comfortable, have great showers and delicious breakfast... but we had our bags stolen from our room as we slept. Our phones were on charge BY our heads, our bags tucked nicely under our beds... our door firmly closed...

at 3am, 3 local ladies broke into our room and stole a camera and 2 phones, we were lucky that my friend woke up otherwise it could have been much worse. on the cameras we saw them holding a good 5-6 other handbags on one shoulder so who knows who else has been nabbed.

the reception didn't seem overly concerned by this clearly organised robbery, and the police didn't speak a word of english, so it was a nightmare for our last night in prague.

gorgeous place... but it's very dodgy under the surface.

Room Tip: rooms on the second floor seemed to be the target this time...
4 Thank bec b
surui, Owner at Czech Inn, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you for your review and we always appreciate feedback of our guests. We are glad you liked the Czech Inn in general. We take this incident with your bags very, very seriously and we are working with the police by delivering images so the thieves can be identified and found.
We want to clarify that the reason why those ladies targeted your room was because your room door unfortunately was not closed. On the footage we can see how several doors were checked and since your door was unlocked they went inside. We also want to stress that valuables especially in shared rooms should be locked away. All dorm rooms have lockers and all private rooms have hotel safes plus we have storage for valuables near reception. All of the options are clearly marked and pointed out in all rooms.
We believe we all have to work together in order to prevent incidents like this.
We are very sad this happened.
with best regards,
Mathias Schwender
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I couldnt believe how amazing this place was. stumbled across it looking for a place to stay while driving through. amazing modern swish architecture in an old restored beautiful building. Staff are excellent... wish there were more hostels like this in the world, still havent found a hostel to match this one. I stayed there in July 2008.

Room Tip: doesnt matter if its a dorm or private - they're all bloody amazing!!
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2011

This was my third visit to Prague and both times before I've gone for 100% luxury. Staying at the no1 rated my tripadvisor at the time 5 star Hotel Le Palais (which had a free minibar) and then a suite at the Aria Hotel. So when i was booked into the Czech Inn on a trip I was a bit worried by the name hostel but in the private room I was given I was just as bit happy as the five star hotels I've been in. The photos on the the website for the private rooms are very reflective I saw inside six rooms and mine was the favourite annoyingly I can't remember what no it was now. But is was a corner room which a huge room with a double bed and a couch/single bed. The shower was particularly stylish. I'd definitely go back. Breakfast wasn't included and I think I wouldn't bother with that again as you could go out and get better.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends