“Excellent!”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed June 29, 2014

From the private flight arrival transfer to the private departure transfer and everything in between, everything about the hotel and its staff is most professional. Initially, we had reserved an executive suite. However, upon arrival they had upgraded us to what they call the Moser Suite which is bigger and more luxurious, and included breakfast. That got us off to an excellent start. The next day they also arranged at our request, a private guide to show us around Prague which is a most beautiful city. Fortunately, the hotel is 5 minutes walk from nearly everything, and to the Charles Bridge and all the main attractions. Fortunately it's the same 5 minutes away from the maddening crowd and quiet. Perfect. A great experience at a great hotel. I would definitely stay there again, and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our signature Moser Suites, which features exquisite crystal accessories and stunning decorations by Moser, the Czech Republic’s premier crystal manufacturer. Thank you for highlighting the attentive service of my colleagues as well as the quiet neighborhood of our hotel, your comments are a great encouragement for us. Please rest assured that I have shared it with all my colleagues.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our ‘little jewel’ in the near future.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

The service is excellent. The staff is always proactive and attentive. The hotel is well localized, in Malá Strana. The building is an old monastery. So you can have a tour in your hotel. I highly recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: 504 is a nice room, with the garden view.

Dear Marco,

Thank you for your positive review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at our ‘little jewel’. Shall your travels bring you back to Prague, you can count on the entire Mandarin Oriental, Prague team to make you feel again like home away from home.

General Manger

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My daughter and I recently stayed at this hotel for four nights. Everything about our stay was exceptional. Every staff member area from housekeeping to reception, concierge, spa, were outstanding, genuinely friendly, helpful and wanting to go out of there way to ensure you had the best possible experience available. Concierge ensured we had an outstanding tour guide to lead us to the city highlights and to ensure we had a reliable and safe way to travel at night. Restaurant recommendations were spot on, food and cocktails amazing and the spa divine. The bedrooms had every amenity you could need and awesome spacious bathrooms. It will always rate in my top three international hotels from an extensive experience. And Prague is indeed a beautiful city.

Room Tip: All the rooms have excellent sound proofing, its an old Monastery so that helps. Air conditioning i...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Terri,

Thank you for taking the time to share your generous review with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you and your daughter had a memorable stay in Prague. Foremost, I am glad that you enjoyed the hotel and all its facilities. Thank you for highlighting our repeatedly awarded spa, delicious cuisine at Essensia restaurant and wide choice of beverages at Barego bar.

My colleagues and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

My sister and I recently stayed here, we found it very welcoming, good English speaking staff, lovely food especially the buffet breakfast (watch out for the bread and butter pudding, made with croissants if you are dieting!)
The hotel is close enough to be in walking distance of all main attractions, but in a quiet enough area to get a good nights sleep.
Would definitely stay there again if in Prague.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Toni,

I would like to thank you for your positive review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you and your sister as our guests. I am glad that the professional service of my colleagues and the superb location of the hotel made your stay in Prague a memorable one.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“ in the near future.

General Manger

Reviewed June 23, 2014

As a business traveler I truly appreciate a good nights sleep and I have to say the beds at the Mandarin Oriental in Prague were the best that I have found in the city. The staff is top notch and the location cant be beat. It has a nice Gym, and the bar is ok a little dark and low ceiling for my taste. But as most mandarin orientals it is a quality hotel.

Room Tip: don't face the parking lot is about all I can say.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including hotel’s superb location, well equipped gym as well as the attentive service of my colleagues. Foremost, I am delighted that our comfortable beds met your expectations and brought you desired sleep.

Your kind words of appreciation mean the world to us.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to our „little jewel“.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Selected the Mandarin Oriental in Prague as a result of reviews on TripAdvisor for the hotel to stay on my wife's 60th birthday for her birthday trip to Europe.

The staff and the service were impeccable.

We had a wonderful stay from the time we entered the hotel and the front desk greeted my wife indicating that they had been expecting her and wished her a happy birthday until we left three days later.

I have stayed at lots of fine hotels around the world, and to me it is about the quality of the staff - and I would put the quality of the staff at the Mandarin Oriental in Prague at the top.

Thank you for a wonderful stay.

I highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a heartwarming review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It was a real pleasure having you and your wife as our guest and host you during this important occasion. Shall your travels bring you back to Prague, you can count on our team to provide the legendary service Mandarin Oriental is renowned for.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our „little jewel“.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

When booked into this hotel by our travel agent we were pleased to read that the hotel was a converted monastery and, according to the hotel website, that our rooms would "feature period details reflecting the unique history of the hotel." Two of the hotel's wings are referred to as the Renaissance and Baroque wings. We were two couples traveling together and, although placed in different wings (a little strange since our reservations were made months earlier) neither of our rooms felt very different than those of a Marriott. Although deluxe rooms, one of them had only a single sink and a bathtub (no shower) and neither had the described views that "stretch over the cobbled streets of Mala Strana." The location of the hotel is very nice, close to Prague Castle as well as close enough to the Charles Bridge to easily walk to the Old Town Square and its attractions. Service was pleasant. The buffet breakfast that was included in our plan was only average. We did not have any other meals at the hotel. I would like to note that U Modre Kachnicky, where we had a lovely meal, is only a half a block away.

1  Thank starmom19

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Trip Advisor community.

You are right, our hotel is housed in a complex of historical buildings which used to serve as a Dominican Monastery. Throughout the reconstruction of the site all rooms were designed to respect the requirements of a modern lifestyle, while preserving some historical features of the original building and I regret to read that the design and the layout of your room did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for bringing a comment about the allocation of the rooms to our attention. Generally, unless a special request regarding the room allocation is received, we do not assume that two individual couples wish to stay close to each other. I am really sorry for any inconvenience caused and to avoid this situation in the future, I would suggest you to specify your requirements during the reservation process or any time before your arrival. My colleagues will be more than happy to meet your wishes, if the hotel occupancy allows them to do so.

Once again, thank you for an honest feedback, all our guests’ comments are extremely important to us and please rest assured they were shared and discussed within the hotel team.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

With best regards,