“Relaxing the second you walk through the door”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #20 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was our second visit to this hotel and we were tempted to try out a different hotel but so glad we didn't. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left the staff made us feel so at home and relaxed.
The breakfast is amazing we ate so much on the Saturday morning we didn't eat again until the evening ! We really enjoyed the Sunday Brunch with the Czech wines to accompany. Our favourite dish was the Crayfish Bisque- out of this world. The room was enormous, with a huge bed and sumptuous pillows .The bath was gigantic with a separate shower. Just loved the little bottles of 'sleep spray' with the turn down service. Without exception all the members of staff were attentive and efficient without being intrusive. We will be back. We feel relaxed and refreshed.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It is a real pleasure for me to read that you have enjoyed the stay at our hotel, including the Weekend Wine Brunch. Your comments are a great encouragement for us and please rest assured that I have shared them with all my colleagues.

Shall your travel bring you back to the Golden City, you can count on our team to make you feel home away from home again.

Werner Anzinger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,478)

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We have had absolutely great time during our stay at MO Prague. We were staying with 3 small kids aged below 8 for 4 nights. During the whole time of our stay, we have enjoyed attentive yet not disturbing approach of professional and friendly hotel stuff. In particular, we much appreciated great focus on many small details arranged in the room related to kids which made the stay for them quite distinguished from previous hotels experiences. The food served in hotel restaurant undoubtedly met standards of top luxury brand. Last but not least, the property itself is very unique combination of 14th century monastery structure with soft elegance of MO in mid-European perspective. We fully recommend MO as great choice for stay in Prague!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words of appreciation and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

Thank you for highlighting the attentive and professional service of my colleagues, unique historical ambiance of our hotel and the excellence of our cuisine at Essensia restaurant. Foremost, I am very happy to read that our children amenities made your stay a memorable one.

It was a real pleasure having you and your family as our guests and we hope to welcome you back to our ‘little jewel’ in the near future.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

I have been to several hotels in Prague but the quality of the rooms and the level of service is the best for me here. The rooms are very nice and well equiped, I allways love the fresh fruits provided in the room every day. Great bed, superb breakfast, fantastic chicken tikka massala in the restaurant.
The Location is really just perfect. I would recommend the hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tintahal
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Thank you for highlighting the superb location and the ambience of our rooms, including the comfortable beds. Foremost, I am extremely happy that you found at our ‘little jewel’ the one place to stay in Prague.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to the Golden city.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We booked 3nights at the MO for a valentine break. Prior to arrival I booked the bar for dinner on our first night as we just planned to stay in the hotel chill. On arrival we were advised that we had to vacate the bar by 9 pm as it was booked for a function so this was very disappointing. The following morning we missed breakfast by around 5 minutes and requested so requested it by room service. An hour went by and we telephoned we told that it had been forgotten. The duty manager apologised and said that they had been very busy and gave our friends and us complimentary drinks in the bar which were probably the best cocktails that we have had. I also pre ordered rose petals for turn down for valentines night but they did not arrive again very disappointing. The bathroom was lovely with a great large marble bath but the room it self was rather stark and basic not what I have experienced at other MO hotels. The spa vitality pool came at a cost of £40 for 20 mins per person and as there were not tea and coffee facilities in the room we were charged £ 8 for two cups of mediocre coffee!! On a positive note the staff team were lovely. We will be returning to Prague in May but not to the MO they really do have a long way to go to come up to the excellent standard that we have experienced in this group

Room Tip: Do not book a garden room they are very basis and not a beam or parquet floor in sight
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah P
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the TripAdvisor community.
I regret to read that we did not meet your expectations. All our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us; please rest assured that your comments were shared and discussed within the entire hotel team.

Also, thank you for your positive comments about the attentive service of my colleagues and delicious cocktails at the Barego bar.

I hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to our beautiful hotel and live up your expectations.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 13, 2014

When I select a hotel, I, probably like you, am attracted by web site photos of the property and the proximity of the hotel to sights. However, what makes a stay memorable invariably comes down to the individuals who work for the hotel. The staff of the Mandarin Oriental Prague were very gracious and warm to me and my daughter during our recent stay at the hotel. At least six staff members new us by name (and we, in turn, knew their names). Speaking with them at the beginning or end of the day made the stay very personal and special. The Mandarin Oriental Prague is a 5-star hotel run with the warmth and graciousness of a small inn. No matter the duration or challenges of your day, you will always be rejuvenated the moment that you walk into the door of the hotel to the smiles and kind words of the staff. Our breakfasts and dinners at the hotel were outstanding. Our room was large and very well appointed. The windows of our room opened to a quiet and expansive garden. I found a long, quiet corridor filled with couches and comfortable chairs to draft papers. The concierge arranged private tours of the city for us and made dinner recommendations and reservations that turned out to be impeccable experiences in their own right. The hotel enjoys a fabulous location – a quiet area of the city just a short walk from the Charles Bridge. I heartily recommend the Mandarin Oriental Prague as one of the finest hotels that I have ever stayed. Although my breadth of experiences is inadequate to buttress the claim, I suspect that the Mandarin Oriental Prague is one of the great hotels of the world. We can’t wait to return.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the garden.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MarkK_12

Dear Mark,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and that Prague and our hotel lived up your expectations. You can count on our team to make you feel home away from home any time your travels bring you back to Prague to our "little jewel.

Thank you again for your kind words of appreciation, it means a world for us.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel is perfectly placed for exploring Prague's many attractions. Not far from Charles Bridge and the river in a quiet and beautiful backwater away from the cars and trams of the city it makes a good base for visits to the castle and cathedral area, the great Baroque church of St Nicholas, and the old town across the river. The hotel is very comfortable with good beds and linen, serves excellent breakfasts and the staff are friendly and efficient. I cannot believe there is a better hotel in Prague. I would like to return some day.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the first floor which leeds on to a courtyard garden.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank stcolms
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your generous review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Prague is a magnificent city with many historical monuments and I am delighted to read that we helped to make your stay in Prague a memorable one. It was a real pleasure having you as our guests and you can count on us to find the comfortable bed, excellent breakfast selection as well as smiling and attentive hotel staff on your return.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to our “little jewel”.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

this hotel is a former monastery. rooms ar big. service is great! food is great! cant say anything treally a wonderful perfect quiet place to rest and stay. easy accesibility by walking to nearest church, small shops, town,, very very good.I am really satisfied and impressed

Room Tip: all rooms are big.:))
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank maria isabel c
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Maria Isabel,

Thank you very much for your positive review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our „little jewel“.

With warm regards,