“Hospitality with capital H”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #26 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Amstelveen
“Hospitality with capital H”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

A truly wonderful experience in this oasis of Hospitality in a quiet area of busy Prague. My wife and I really enjoyed the warm and friendly service of Front of house manager Oliver Liguori and his team. A very personal and friendly approach. We had an anniversary and the team really did their utmost best to help us celebrate this special occasion.

So if you go to Prague take the Four Seasons for the view and The Mandarin Oriental for the service and hospitality!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcel P
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Marcel P.,

Thank you very much for your review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that your anniversary celebration was a success. It was a real pleasure having you as our guests, your kind words of appreciation are a great encouragement for the entire hotel team. Please rest assured that your generous comments have been shared with my colleagues.

I sincerely hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the near future.

With my warmes regards,

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Blaine, Minnesota
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Already knowing quite a bit about the Mandarin Oriental's excellent reputation, our high expectations were actually exceeded when, as a special treat, we stayed there (2 stays, for a total of 9 nights) in November.

The attention to detail, the personalized touches, and the highest quality overall service were the things that impressed us the most about the Mandarin Oriental in Prague. The staff treated us like VIPs, and as a result we felt respected, pampered, and very much at ease in our 'home away from home'.

When entering our room for the first time, we were greeted with a personally addressed, hand written card from the general manager. I was surprised to see my name on the room phone's digital screen, as well as on the TV welcome screens. What amazed me even more though, was that the doormen, the receptionists and some of the other staff routinely addressed us by name, even when they had no note in front of them to indicate who we were. When I happened to mention to one of the staff that we were suffering colds, she immediately insisted on sending up a tea tray for us. Overall, the staff were extremely courteous, friendly, and professional not only to us, but to each other. In fact their behavior was so refined, it was almost humbling.

While the room, of course, was gorgeous and perfectly clean, again it was all the little details and personal touches that really dazzled us. For each stay, a different, beautifully arranged bouquet graced our coffee table. During our first stay some nuts and fresh and dried fruits were laid out for us as a welcome snack, and during our second stay we were treated with Czech style Christmas cookies. The cleaning staff did more than just clean- they seemed to actually seek out special ways of pleasing us: returning to our room one day, we found a beautiful complimentary bookmark atop a guidebook we'd happened to have left lying out on the desk. The cleaning staff must also have noticed that my partner liked to use one of his hand cloths (placed by the sinks) as a wash cloth in the shower, because after the first night there was always an extra hand cloth folded up and tucked behind the shower fixture for him. Since we were really going through a lot of tissues due to our colds, an extra box of tissues was set out for us.

At breakfast, the staff was so attentive that they usually realized before I did that I might need my freshly squeezed orange juice topped up or some more tea in my teapot. The breakfast buffet, by the way, was exceptional in its quality and variety. Even with my many dietary restrictions, I was able to find plenty of tasty food to eat, including wonderfully sweet out-of-season watermelon.

In addition to everything mentioned above, our spacious room (and bathroom! with ultra cozy bathrobes!) and the hotel's perfect location (very quiet, but still within easy walking distance of the main sights) made our stay in Prague extremely pleasant and memorable. We would absolutely love the opportunity to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharona216
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

It was a real pleasure having you as our guests and I would like to thank you for your kind words of appreciation, especially for highlighting the attentive and warm approach of my colleagues. Exceeding our guests’ expectations is our main goal and it is truly rewarding for us to read that we achieved it.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel in the near future..

With my warmest regards and wishes of a fantastic festive season

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

This was a return visit and I was equally impressed this time. The historic building is impeccably finished and a pleasure to be in. The hotel food is delicious. The staff are excellently trained and fully attentive to their guests - remembering names and preferred bar drinks first time. The location is also perfect for exploring the old town in any spare time.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your repeated visit to our beautiful hotel. Thank you for highlighting the excellent hotel location and especially five star service of our team. You can count on us to make your next stay a truly delightful and memorable one again.

I look forward to welcoming you to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

Prague is a truly magical city. My recent visit left me craving for more. So many layers of history - so much heart lives here. I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental and loved it. The location is perfect - within walking to everything but in a beautiful quiet area away from the crowds. It has a very exclusive atmosphere. The hotel has a contemporary feel but since it was once a Monastery it oozes charm and warmth. As for the service - The Mandarin brand always delivers - always impeccable. The staff was gracious through out. Highest level of professionals in the industry. I cant say enough about the staff. They really work hard to make sure all your needs are met and always with a smile. There is a wonderful wine cellar for small private intimate dinner parties. I was lucky enough to experience it first hand. So if you are in town for business this is a lovely place to host an event. Don't forget to try the Spa - really wonderful. This Hotel truly surpassed all of my expectations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank judyM_13706
Dear Judy,

Thank you very much for your generous review and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

Prague is undoubtedly a magical city year round and I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay in our beautiful city and hotel. Thank you for highlighting the superb hotel location, the peaceful atmosphere of our property, the beauty of our wine cellar and our spectacular Spa. Your kind words of appreciation for the attentive service, the Mandarin Oriental is renowned for, are a great encouragement for the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our little jewel in the near future.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Mandarin hotel was terrific and all the staff were spectacular. The hotel was wonderful with all its history made my trip magical along with the city itself. The rooms offered more than needed. I even had a balcony where you could get a breath of fresh air. The food was delicious and its presentation superb. The SPA was delightful and I must say I had one of the best massages ever. It started and ended with the soft ring of a bell! I highy recommend it..a magical hotel in a magical city..what could be better..

Room Tip: Having a balcony gave me that little extra!
1 Thank Rita D
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Rita D,

Thank you very much for your kind words of appreciation and for sharing them with the TripAdvisor community.

Prague is a magnificient city and I am delighted to read that we helped to make your stay a memorable one. Thank you for highlighting hotel‘s historical and peaceful ambience, delightful spa experience as well as our legendary service. Please rest assured that your generous comments have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerly hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our „little jewel“ in the future.

Laval, Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2013

The hotel is very well located, walking distance from Charles Bridge, the castle and the old town. I travel regularly for business and this is the best service I ever had. From the front door up to the last minute of my stay.EVERY staff members are nice and happy to help you. Rooms are modern and spacious and buffet breakfast is high quality. Board rooms are perfect for mid-size meetings. I will come back!!

1 Thank Benoit G
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Benoit G,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It is a pleasure for me to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially the hotel location, the comfort of our spacious rooms as well as the food selection of our buffet breakfast.
Your kind words of appreciation highlighting the quality of our service is a great encouragement to us, as our main goal is to always delight our guests.

I look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to our little jewel in the near future.

With my warmes regards,

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I recently spent 4 nights in early November at the Mandarin in Prague with my business associates. We couldn't have been happier with our experience. The hotel is in a fantastic location, so close to the Charles Bridge yet hidden away from the crowds. It's a wonderful retreat to return to after a day of adventure in Prague. My room was large and inviting and there was more than enough space to spread out and feel at home. We had the pleasure of dining twice at the hotel... The food and service were sublime. The atmosphere at the restaurant is enchanting and intimate. In addition, the breakfast buffet and offerings were wonderful, making the need to eat lunch almost unecessary. Most of all, the service we received from every staff member was wonderful. Everyone always went out of his way to make sure we felt at home, and never hesitated to offer their help or advice to us. I cannot recommend this hotel enough to anyone wishing to have a magical experience in Prague. This is THE place to stay if you are planning a visit. Can't wait to return one day soon.

1 Thank Alan O
Dear Alan O,

Thank you for a generous review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a real pleasure having you and your business associates as our guests and I am thrilled to read that your stay with us exceeded your expectations.

Mandarin Oriental, Prague is a little jewel located in the very heart of Prague and you can always count on our professional team to deliver the legendary service. Thank you for highlighting the superb location, the comfort and home-like ambience of our rooms, culinary offer at Essensia restaurant as well as the attentive service. Your comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team and please rest assured that they were shared with my colleagues.

I am sincerely looking forward to your next visit to the Golden city.