“Great Location”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 646 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed 3nights. The hotel is a restored former monetary. The rooms were large, bathroom was wonderful. Carpet was a little overused. The buffet breakfasts were super, everything you could want included in our room price. Location is great walking distance to the Charles Bridge and area. Staff was pleasant, however did not find the concierge too helpful. As it is more of a business hotel than a tourist hotel, we found the concierge was more concerned with the business travellers than catering to the tourists. The hotel is in the centre of where the embassies are located so very busy with business travellers. A little stuffy.Did not eat at the restaurant, had a drink in the lounge and it was fine.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank goldspot
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments regarding the Concierge are well taken indeed, thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Werner Anzinger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,441)

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We arrived on my birthday, September 3rd, and loved everything from the minute we arrived. It was our first stay at a Mandarin Oriental and we were not disappointed. Our suite was beautiful, spacious, quiet and comfortable. The staff was excellent, especially during breakfast service. We also had a delicious lunch at Essentia and great drinks at Barego in the evening. We loved the quiet location of the hotel after walking back from the busier side of the Charles Bridge.

2  Thank owen9367

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous comments on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. Your positive comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team. Thank you for sharing it with the TripAdvisor community.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel.

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently prior to departing on a bike trip through the Czech countryside. We had a lovely room, with sitting area opening to separate bedroom on one side and large bath on the other. Very comfortable, very good service; greeted warmly in reception area and bags delivered quickly to room. The building itself is a renovated monastery, within a block and a half from the Charles Bridge, making it easy to walk around in the evening and return to the hotel, and also to get out early in the morning to photograph around the bridge area before the crowds arrived. We only had breakfast here, which was good; I can't comment on the food for lunch or dinner. Overall, the hotel was one of the nicest of our recent trip - quiet, comfortable, spacious room, great service, and great location - especially for someone who is visiting Prague for the first time and wants a central location near the most historic areas of this beautiful city.

1  Thank BonnyW

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing this experience with the TripAdvisor community.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, particularly the historical ambience and location of our hotel, the comfort of our rooms and the quality of our service.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Glamour, romantic, perfect team. You feel good, like a princess.
One observation, is: in the reception, and other places of the hotel we have free wireless, but in the room we have to pay.
The location is near a metro and train.
The breakfast is excellent.
Concierge wants to explain everything to us

Room Tip: The Mandarin, have just very good rooms, the president room, is more than amaizing
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. Your generous comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team. Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

My mother and I stayed in this hotel for four nights in early September. The hotel is on the site of a former monastery located in Prague's little quarter. Although the hotel is located very close to the Charles Bridge, it feels completely secluded and private from the touristy main street leading to the bridge. The Czech museum of music is located next door. The rooms are very spacious and have large bathrooms with separate shower and tub. We stayed in connecting rooms overlooking the inner courtyard. We had a delicious buffet breakfast each morning that included a wide selection of hot and cold items including plenty of fruits. We also ate two delicious dinners at the hotel and there were a selection of asian and western entrees. In addition there are a couple good small french restaurants directly across from the hotel. The hotel staff was helpful and friendly with all our small requests such as for dinner reservations, calling taxis and directions to sights. In addition, the concierge arranged for a private tour guide on our first day in Prague. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and the tour was a wonderful introduction to the history and the sights in Prague. Overall, it was a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor overlooking the courtyard are spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Liz,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for highlighting our spacious rooms, your experience with our cuisine as well as the quality of our service. Your positive comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our "little jewel".

With warm regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights for my wife's birthday and we were spoiled from start to finish.

It is on the quieter side of the river which we liked, but if you are in Prague to shop then you might think it is a bit out of the way.

Our suite (we were upgraded) was stunning. The staff were so well informed and every one of them seemed to know our names.

On my wife's birthday they put a cake in our room with a hand written card from the GM.

I would come back here in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone.

Also top tip: the Nasi Goreng is the best I have ever had anywhere in the world!

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Dan C,

I am delighted to read that your wife's birthday celebration in Prague was a success and that we helped to make your stay so special.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

What an extraordinary stay in a beautiful city! The hotel is in a former monastery dating back to the 16th century and I was invited to look through a glass floor in the spa to see the original foundation.
The service was absolutely worthy of a first class hotel in a world-class city. The food was delicious and one forgets that this hotel has Asian roots and so the Thai and other Asian food on the menu was delicious.
But I come back to the service--unforgettable! I felt like a rock star--- and I might add that a certain rock star and his entourage were staying there at the same time and I would bet that I was treated just as well!
Loved it!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your generous comments on your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague and for sharing them with the TripAdvisor community.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed so many aspects of your stay and especially the quality of our service. Your comments are a great encouragement to the entire hotel team who always tries to delight and satisfy our guests.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future.

With warm regards,