“Historic Hotel with Great Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mandarin Oriental, Prague

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #33 of 670 Hotels in Prague
Makati, Philippines
“Historic Hotel with Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Mandarin Oriental in Prague. The hotel which used to be a monastery in a very exclusive neighborhood has successfully blended the old with all the modern conveniences of the today. The breakfast buffet was excellent and the concierge was just the best. I was warned before coming here that the food in Prague was not good. Not so ! Every restaurant the concierge recommended was very good. It was the concierge that made our stay worthwhile !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelprincess077
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read all your very positive remarks about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I was delighted to share your comments with my colleagues who appreciated them as much as I did.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With best wishes,

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Awesome high-end hotel in a quiet area of Prague 5 minutes away from the Karlov bridge. We stayed for four nights in June 2013 and loved it. If you are debating between MO and Four seasons, as I did, stay in MO and you won't be disappointed. I liked the rooms in the new part of the hotel better than in the original part but both were very good. Had breakfast outside every day and the area around the hotel was exceptionally quiet, suprisingly so given that the hotel is literally 5 minutes away from the bridge which is the main tourist magnet.

P.S. Coming back to the room from the hotel bar one night I got a call from the hotel staff telling me I left about $200 cash on my seat by the table we were sitting in. Needless to say I was very impressed by the staff conduct.

Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Stay in the new part of the hotel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ASvoy
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your comment, and your kind words about Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay at our hotel; your enthusiasm is a great motivation for us to continue trying to be the best every day.

We are sincerely looking forward to welcoming you back to Prague.

With warm regards,

Prague, Czech Republic
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We love the Mandarin Oriental in Prague because of it's amazing restaurant, which we've visited several time already (as locals). On the most recent occasion, we decided impulsively to make it a special night and between courses, we booked a room for the night. At a whopping 380 EUR, it was a severe disappointment. Tucked away in the corner of the attic, the room was comfortable enough... The real issues started when, at 10 pm, there was a knock on the door. We did not reply (reasons irrelevant). After knocking again, a housekeeper and a porter opened the door and walked in (!!!)... to our utter shock. When asked what they wanted, they said "Oh, we were just checking the room" and offered us some bottled water. Needless to say, we simple told them to go away. Later in the night, there was repeatedly very loud banging on the window, which we could not determine the source of. In the middle of the night, the TV switched itself on in the room and it took us 5 minutes before it reacted to the remote and turned off. We checked out in the morning, and to top it off, the hotel charged us 40 EUR for parking in the garage overnight (whereas when we came only for dinner last time, the valet parking was free). We will surely visit the restaurant again, but it was certainly less than we had hoped for in terms of accommodation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Klara B
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Klara,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with the Trip Advisor community.

I regret to read that your last visit to Mandarin Oriental did not meet your expectations. All our guests’ feedback is extremely important to us; please rest assured that your comments were shared and discussed within the hotel team.

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us and since you are our Essensia fan, I would be delighted to offer you a voucher for our popular Wine Brunch for two persons with our compliments. Kindly contact our PR Department on +420 233 088 611 or send an electronic message to lrogerova@mohg.com to proceed with the voucher.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

With best regards,

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent hotel. Very luxurious spec in the rooms themselves, and throughout the hotel generally. Also, the place had a nice ambience or character, being a converted monastery. Very well located, close to Prague's Old Town, but just far enough away to be nice and quiet too. Service attentive, friendly and just the right side of obsequious (ie not too much). Excellent on site spa - full body massage was excellent and very relaxing. Good quality breakfast included. The hotel's restaurant is also recommendable - the Asian dishes were imaginative and well-executed. And in the hotel bar I was particularly impressed with a) the good humour of the bar staff, particularly Nick, b) the quality of their cigar selection, and c) the quality of their margaritas. The only downside of the entire stay / whole experience was the annoyance of having to pay for WIFI during the stay. It was less the cost (which was not cheap at about £33 for 3 days, which is more than my fibre optic broadband costs me for 30 days at home) but more the fact that a not inexpensive hotel such as a Mandarin Oriental chooses to charge it's guests for a service that every other hotel I've been to (even real flea pits like Kyriad hotels in France) provides to their guests for free. That was a bit of a shame...only thing that soured my stay...otherwise very enjoyable and would recommend to others.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank r0dz1lla
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community.

I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, including the lovely ambience of our hotel, the location, high-class spa as well as Essensia restaurant.

I can assure you that your note regarding the wifi charge is well taken indeed and I would like to thank you for bringing this comment to our attention. Our main goal is to always delight and satisfy our guests.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague again.

My kindest regards,

allauch
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

A monastry was transformed in 2006 in a luxuous hotel. Rooms very comfortable and spacious. excellent breakfast, good service. A wooden terrace outside if you fancy a drink. VERY GOOD LOCATION in Mala strana, in the ambassies district, close to CHARLES Bridge. Large bathrooms (it is a pity the toilet is not separate). The cloister is just a garden, I would suggest to transform it in a garden restaurant or bar. I was told the Dalai Lama stayed in, probably because it was a monastry.

Room Tip: Some rooms on ground floor have a small garden.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank michel13Allauch
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing your review with the TripAdvisor community.

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, including the beautiful and peaceful location of our hotel, comfortable and spacious rooms, Essensia restaurant as well as the attentive service of our staff.

Once again, thank you very much for such a postitive feedback, should your travel bring you back to Prague, we would love to welcome you back to our little „jewel“.

My very best wishes,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

I felt like a Queen. The best hotel I've stayed in Europe. I can't wait to go back. Wonderful breakfast! Walking distance to the Infant Jesus of Prague church & Charles Bridge. Spacious bathroom & quiet location.

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Zach2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to post such a complimentary review about your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am thrilled to read you have enjoyed your stay with us, including the location, spacious rooms, our Essensia restaurant and summer terrace as well as the warm service of our team. We are always trying to make our guests feel like home.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon!

My warmest regards,

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as part of an organised tour in May 2012.

The location is just right for tourists. You're far enough away from the noisy stag and hen groups that go there and only 2/3 minutes' walk to the main tourist attractions just by Charles Bridge.

The building has been tastefully restored and extended. My hotel room was modern, large and the bed was very comfortable. The only slight disappointment with the en-suite was that the shower was over the bath rather than a separate shower cubicle, but you can't have everything! In some parts of the hotel you can really appreciate the visible signs that it used to be a monestary. The Hotel Manager kindly took me for a tour of the hotel to show me those parts of the hotel.

Breakfast was very good. Unlimited buffet (hot and cold) and staff are very helpful. Food was fresh and of a high quality. Excellent service throughout the hotel.

One evening I ate in the Outdoor terrace of the Essensia restaurant. Not only was it excellent but very reasonably priced, especially for a 5 star hotel.

Concierge made a great recommendation for a restaurant the following evening also.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Miranda C
Dear Miranda C.,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share such a positive review about Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that the services provided by our staff have met and even exceeded your expectations. Your compliments mean the world to us.

It has been a pleasure to look after your during your stay. I truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.
With my warmest regards,