“Little Gem in Prague” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 670 Hotels in Prague
London
“Little Gem in Prague”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed in this hotel as part of an organised tour in May 2012.

The location is just right for tourists. You're far enough away from the noisy stag and hen groups that go there and only 2/3 minutes' walk to the main tourist attractions just by Charles Bridge.

The building has been tastefully restored and extended. My hotel room was modern, large and the bed was very comfortable. The only slight disappointment with the en-suite was that the shower was over the bath rather than a separate shower cubicle, but you can't have everything! In some parts of the hotel you can really appreciate the visible signs that it used to be a monestary. The Hotel Manager kindly took me for a tour of the hotel to show me those parts of the hotel.

Breakfast was very good. Unlimited buffet (hot and cold) and staff are very helpful. Food was fresh and of a high quality. Excellent service throughout the hotel.

One evening I ate in the Outdoor terrace of the Essensia restaurant. Not only was it excellent but very reasonably priced, especially for a 5 star hotel.

Concierge made a great recommendation for a restaurant the following evening also.

All in all, I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Miranda C
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Miranda C.,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share such a positive review about Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to read that the services provided by our staff have met and even exceeded your expectations. Your compliments mean the world to us.

It has been a pleasure to look after your during your stay. I truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Stayed the last year with part of the family…my mom had always wanted to go so I took her along with my wife and baby…..The hotel isn’t cheap but it’s gorgeous….the food very nice and the staff provides an excellent service….the city is really spectacular…old but something to see…..they contacted a private guide for us which was pricy but worth it….he took us around the city….historical sights and finally we parted at the old town square where we saw the astronomical clock….Just beautiful.
A great hotel and city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Moncho1980Capa
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review regarding your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am thrilled to know you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially the level of our service. Once again, thank you for your generous feedback, it is a wonderful encouragement to my team.

We are looking forward to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

With warm regards

North East, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Centrally located in a beautiful and tastefully restored monastery, the Prague Mandrin is relatively small but a truly great place to stay in Prague.
Our room was smaller compared to the Mandarin in Munich but the restored building does not lend itself to large rooms.
The hotel restaurand was wonderful. Fantastic service and delicious food at every meal.
We hired a guide through the hotel and she took us on a wonderful four hour walking tour of Prague.
Would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank R K
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for investing your time in sharing such a positive review regarding your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, especially the beautiful and peaceful hotel location, the attentive service of our staff and our elegant Essensia restaurant. The guests feedback like yours is the best reward for us, please rest assured I will share your kind words of appreciation with the entire hotel team.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

With my best wishes from Prague

Canton, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I was walking all day and needed a pit stop. I know this hotel is always very classey and located in great areas. Rt near john Lennon wall. The staff was friendly and drinks were amazing as always. The wash rooms were immaculate and a I left a clean and refreshed person.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank GSU320
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a positive review regarding your recent visit to Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor Community.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed the neatly ambience, the quality of our food & beverage offer as well as the level of our service. Your kind words of appreciation are the best reward for us.

We look forward to welcoming you to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

this is one of the best hotels I've stayed at anywhere in the world. It's in a restored monastery in a great location near the river. Staff are amazing - remember your name, nothing is too much effort.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ridders744
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for investing your time in sharing such a positive review regarding your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, especially as you mentioned the attentive service of our staff. Your kind and enthusiastic comments are our best reward – please rest assured that your compliments have been shared with the entire hotel team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I had never stayed at a Mandarin hotel before and I wasn't sure what to expect, but I was so happy with my stay there that I am writing this review (having never written an on-line review for anything before). My father had some health issues during our stay and the hotel staff could not have been more profesional, swift, and accomodating in helping us get the help we needed. When we all returned to the hotel that night (Dad too!), several members of the staff including the hotel manager were waiting out front for us to enquire after my father and ask after our every need. It made us feel safe and well-looked after. In addition to this, all the other service was wonderful. Always a smile and helpful attitude. Due to the health issues, we ended up doing a lot of room-service and meals in the hotel and the food was outstanding! The hotel is not directly on the river, but there is a very lovely park right next to it and the short walk to the famous Charles bridge was perfect for a morning stroll. I also made use of their work-out room during my stay and it was very nice. If I am ever in Prague again, this is definitely where I will be staying!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jennifer S
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Jennifer S.,

Thank you for choosing the Mandarin Oriental, Prague for your stay and for sharing such a generous review with the TripAdvisor community.

It was a pleasure having you as our guests. I am very happy that your father is feeling better and that we were able to help you in such an unexpected situation. We always strive to create for our guests a home away from home and I am thrilled to read that we have met your expectations. Your kind feedback is a wonderful encouragement to my entire team.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Mandarin Oriental during your next visit to Prague.

london, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a lovely big room around the back courtyard inside this beautifully restored monestary on the quieter side of the charles bridge in prague. All of the main zites were within 15 minutes walk. The staff couldn't do enough for you and the two concierge were very helpful. Nothing bad to say about this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank alexcoe
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially the location, the room equipment as well as the services provided by the hotel staff. There is no better reward for us than a satisfied guest.

It has been a real pleasure to look after you during your stay. I truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.