“A great choice to stay in prague”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had a lovely big room around the back courtyard inside this beautifully restored monestary on the quieter side of the charles bridge in prague. All of the main zites were within 15 minutes walk. The staff couldn't do enough for you and the two concierge were very helpful. Nothing bad to say about this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank alexcoe
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share such a positive review about Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

I am happy to read that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay, especially the location, the room equipment as well as the services provided by the hotel staff. There is no better reward for us than a satisfied guest.

It has been a real pleasure to look after you during your stay. I truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to travel to the beautiful city of Prague for business many many times. On several early occasions, I had other people organize hotel accommodation for me and to be honest, it was never something to write home about! As a result, when, a couple of years ago, I was due to be there for a long period, I decided to ask the advice of an associate for something more of a home away from home. He recommended the Mandarin Oriental - a converted Monastery tucked away across the Charles Bridge in a cobblestone cul-de-sac. Needless to say, this sounded perfect. Since that trip, I have never looked back and have stayed at this gem of a hotel over 6 times. You pay for what you get plus much much more. It's an incredible little capsule of warmth, luxury and value and I could not recommend it more highly. I have been offered several other of the 5-star hotels in Prague but my loyalty rests with the Mandarin, and I urge those on the fence to try it. You will never worry about a hotel in Prague again.

Room Tip: The suites are ridiculously good, and even the smaller rooms have a level of luxury unsurpassed with...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your detailed review and positive comments following your repeated experience at Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

I am thrilled to read that your stay with us have exceeded your expectations and in this respect, I would like to thank you for your loyalty towards our hotel and our entire team. Your compliments mean the world to us. Our main goal is to always satisfy our guests and make them feel home away from home.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Prague for some key Business Meetings in April. I am glad that our meeting planner selected this venue. The professionalism shown by Danielle and the hotel staff was exceptional and the venue was very accomodating and flexible for our needs. Once the meetings were done, the location was great for accessing the city, the Palace, the Charles Street Bridge, et al. Walking back to the hotel one night, i found a perfect cafe for dessert and a nightcap, I just wish that I could remember the name... oh well, a great reason to go back!

Room Tip: to be honest, all rooms looked great, mine had a side street view which in Prague seemed appropriate...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jdm_ch_az
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your generous review with the TripAdvisor community.

I am very pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, in particular our well-equipped meeting facilities, our well-trained staff as well as the great service offered.

Your positive comments are truly the best reward for us and please rest assured that your kind feedback will be shared with our entire team.

Once again, I would like to thank you for you time and for sharing your experience.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My very best wishes,

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We were in Prague, and wanted to splurge with a very nice hotel. The travel agent recommended the Mandarin and the Four Seasons, and we picked the Mandarin because it was quite a bit less expensive but seemed to be as nice. I'm sure it was. It's hard to imagine how the facilities or the customer service at the Four Seasons, or anywhere, could be better, at any price.
The room was big and comfortable. The bathroom was exceptional, by any standards, not just those of Europe. But what made this hotel stand out was the incredible customer service, at the front desk, the concierge desk, the bar and the restaurant. We were thoroughly pampered, and it was wonderful.
The staff knew our names, and where we were from, even when we hadn't actually talked to those particular people. The waiter who took our picture at the bar said, "Smile, with a Texas accent." We had never talked to him before that.
Overall, they were helpful and incredibly accomodating.
Excellent location, too. Away from the noise of the old town, but close enough to walk easily.
I recommend this hotel in the highest possible terms.
I would stay in a Mandarin anywhere now that I have had this experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a complimentary review regarding your stay with us.

I am very delighted to read how much you have enjoyed your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, from the ambience of the hotel and spacious rooms to the warm attitude of my colleagues.

Your enthusiastic comments are without any doubt the best reward for us, and you can rest assured that all your comments have been shared with the rest of my team.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My very best wishes,

Werner Anzinger

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had some difficulties while picking a hotel for staying in Prague. The variety was huge. So I picked Mandarin and it appeared to be a good choice. Prague is indeed very touristy place. Multitude of people on the limited historical area. Living there is uncomfortable. Unlike another good hotels, Mandarin is at the very calm location, about 0.3 km from Charles Bridge in Mala Strana. This hotel is 5 stars hotel. In fact it used to be a monastery 500 years ago. Most facilities are pretty basic for this range of hotels. Breakfast was quite good. The restaurant is OK , but nothing special. Staff is competent and friendly. Our suite also was OK.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Arm3strong
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience of your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Tripadvisor Community.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us, in particular as you mentioned the calm location of our hotel as well as our attentive and competent staff.

Your kind words are the best reward for us, we are always aiming to deliver the perfect hotel experience to our guests. Please rest assured that your feedback has been shared within the entire team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We were initially booked elsewhere but than found out about a third night free promotion through Amex (I believe they had a similar promo available directly from MO also). We are so glad we switched to the Mandarin Oriental.

The staff (front desk, doormen, restaurant, concierge, everyone) was uniformly friendly and completely conversant in English -- in fact, embarrasing us that they spoke our language so well when we barely spoke theirs. The room was a garden terrace room that was spacious and cleaned immaculately every day. And the WiFi was very fast.

The breakfast buffet (included with our rate, not sure if it is always included) was wonderful, with very friendly and attentive staff even though it was a buffet. We also got great service -- and strong drinks -- in the adjacent bar. Overall, in fact, we always found the service very friendly an respectful even though we were in our American-tourist mode and not businesspeople in suits.

And despite being mere blocks from the Charles Bridge, Kampa park, and Malostranska square, the hotel is on a very quiet block.

We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for investing your time in sharing such a positive review regarding your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am very delighted to hear that you have spent such a wonderful time at our hotel, especially I was pleased to find out that the equipment of the rooms, the food and beverage quality of the Bar and the restaurant as well as the warm service of our team totally satisfied and convinced you.

Your kind and enthusiastic comments are our best reward – please rest assured that your compliments have been shared with the entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed May 8, 2013

NIce enough hotel away from the city centre. Just a short walk away. Rooms were ok...not quite Mandarin Oriental standards in the US. The service was great. Especially, Katarina, the concierge. She was fabulous in securing reservations. We were celebrating our anniversary so they welcomed us with a bottle of champagne,white chocolate strawberries & heart shaped roses on our bed. Nice surprise!! I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a positive comment about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community.

I am delighted to hear you have enjoyed your stay with us especially as you mentioned the attentive service of our staff. Please rest assured I will share your words of appreciation with Katarina and with our entire hotel team.

I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

With my best wishes from Prague,

Werner Anzinger