“so unforgetable place to enjoy”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #28 of 672 Hotels in Prague
Paris, France
“so unforgetable place to enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We stayed 4 nights at the MO praha past january 2010 and I still have in mind the beauty of the place so perfectly fit with the beauty of this mediaval city called Praha. It's like moving in the past with all the modern comfort of our present century : all was perfect but the modern classic touch of the decoration with no emphasis in this 14th century century monastry is a fantastic combination and the rooms are big enough to enjoy a nice rest so close from the topic spots of this gorgeous place. I don't know why it took me 2 years to post such a comment as most customers only post negative comments and forget to tell when they are happy with a place. We now plan a next visit to the MO praha next january 2014 with relatives and I can't wait to until then. Even the restaurant was a delightful moment we also remembered and the staff was receptive but surprised to see a gay couple like us in the lobby of their hotel but nevermind, we will be very pleased to come back again in the MO pRAHA.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BECKER H
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Becker

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Prague and for sharing such a generous review with the Trip Advisor community.

We were honoured to welcome you in our hotel and most importantly that we have made your stay memorable until today. I am also thrilled to read that you have enjoyed the atmosphere of the hotel, our spacious rooms as well as the delightful moments in our Essensia restaurant. Your kind feedback is a wonderful encouragement to my team.

We look forward to welcoming you to Mandarin Oriental, Prague during your next trip in January 2014. If you wish to make any arrangements prior to your arrival, we will be delighted to assist you.

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I invited my husband for his bday for a 3 nights stay at Mandarin Oriental Prague expecting it to be a luxury experience. The hotel is overall nice but lacks the waw factor you have in other Mandarin Oriental properties (typically NY, Paris or Barcelone, not to name the asian properties). The lobby, the bar, the restaurant, the breakfast, everything lacks sophistication.
Rooms are quite nice, however our Deluxe room looked right into the neighbouring apartment. When I asked at reception is it was possible to get rather a garden view, I was told that they will check and get back to me. They never did.
We haven't tried their restaurant for dinner, as it had a cold non inviting atmosphere.
Went twice for dinner at the Four Seasons which is much nicer ( at least e lobby is). Their Italian restaurant is great value and the bar much fun.
Next time we go to Prague we'll try the Four Seasons.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time and sharing your review with the Trip Advisor community.

I regret to hear that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations and thank you for bringing your comment regarding the lobby, bar and restaurant to our attention. We are planning a reconstruction of these premises in order to create a warmer and more welcoming atmosphere. Please rest assured that all your valuable comments have been shared with the rest of the hotel team.

I sincerely hope that we will convince you to come back to our property.

Werner Anzinger,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Every visit to this hotel is a delight! One thing that stands out every time (my sixth time) is the warmth of all the staff. They truly make you feel special. Spa is highly recommended. I had a superb lunch in the restaurant. Theo van Eeden

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Mr. van Eeden,

Thank you very much for taking your time and sharing such a positive review with the Trip Advisor community.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed our Spa as well as our Essensia restaurant. Your kind words regarding the quality of the service and the friendliness of the staff is a reward for us.

I am also thrilled to know that we have met your expectations for already six times and we will make sure on the next visit you feel like home away from home again.

With kindest regards from Prague,

Werner Anzinger,
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

I have just realised as i booked our flights to return this year that a failed to put a review on here for our visit last summer to the MO Prague.

We booked the Mandarin as the venue for our wedding reception, getting married in a ceremony in the old town square and then walking back in the glorious sunshine to take drinks on the terrace, with views over prague as a stunning back drop for photographs. As a treat for our guests we paid for the hotel for the weekend so 40 of our closest friends and family descended on the MO for the August bank holiday weekend. However, we felt as if we were the only guests around and could not have asked for a more beautiful or perfect weekend.

We were thrilled with the service, atmosphere and professionalism of the staff. Their attention to detail transformed a nice weekend to something quite spectacular. Even now when talking to family and friends when they have been travelling, we usually get told 'oh it was a nice hotel but nothing compares to the Mandarin in Prague'! Indeed, a number of people have told us that it the best hotel they have ever stayed in. The staff managed to make us feel like we were in a family run business with their care and compassion yet continued to be discreet and professional - as expected at the MO. They remembered names, took time over our 4 year old nephew who loved the lion storybook and his own toiletries, steamed my wedding dress and could not do enough to help.

The food was outstanding, perfectly cooked beef fillet, and that is high praise from someone who has worked in catering! Natalie, our wedding co ordinator was unfazed after we through challenge after challenge at her. We still talk about the excellent service from shaun-in-training, Michaella in the restaurant, Tomas the concierge, the chef who presented us with the most unbelievable Crouqembouche and the restaurant manger whose name also escapes me but was so charming and attentive.

When it came to our anniversary, there was only one obvious choice - we are going back for the spa, the food, the ambience and the service from wonderful staff, a world class hotel. Our second home - worth every penny and more!

We took a risk holding our wedding at the MO, and it paid off.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LauraLongLegs
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a complimentary review regarding your stay with us in the month of August.

I am very delighted to read how much you have enjoyed your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, from the atmosphere of the hotel, the quality of the food, the professionalism of the staff to the warm service of our team committed to delivering.

To hear that your wedding at our hotel stays memorable for you and your guests is the best compliment we can receive.

In general, your enthusiastic comments are without any doubt the best reward for us, and you can rest assured that all your comments have been shared with the rest of my team.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My very best wishes,

Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

From the moment we where picked at the airport by the Hotel Limo this was a seamless experience that I would expect from any Mandarin Oriental property. Dont expect the formality of Hong Kong or Bangkok after all this is Europe but the service is every bit as welcoming and impeccable as any MO hotel!..... we were welcomed in the lobby with a warming cup of herbal tea and taken diretctly to our Premier Castle View room were check-in was completed (would highly reccommend for stunning views of the Castle). A couple of teething problems with the bathroom but these were dealt with immediatley to our full satisfaction by very competent staff that were more than willing to help. I had been in contact with Concierge before arrival regarding the organising of a guided tour of the city, the booking of Opera and Concert tickets (a must-do for any visit to such a musical city) and the use of the hotel Limo during our stay...this communication was handled promptly and all was in place on arrival!...this level of service continued over breakfast and in Barego in the evening...... I would also commend the doorman (always had a few words of welcome) and the staff that where in training during our stay!... if you are looking for a memorable experience in a peaceful location (appreciate the fact that the building is a former 14th Centuary Monastery) in this historical city then I would highly recommend the Mandarin Oriental.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank GHD_PaaYaPaa
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for investing your time and sharing such a positive review about your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the Trip Advisor Community.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel, in particular as you pointed out our well trained staff and the great service offered.

I am sincerely honored to receive such a fantastic comment, as our main goal is to always satisfy our guests and make their stay memorable.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague.

Bamberg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is certainly the premier property in Prague, and one of the best I've stayed in in Europe. My wife and I spent four nights in suite. The property itself is amazing -- it is built on the site of a 14th century monastery and some of the architectural features have been retained, including some beautiful arched ceilings. The room was great, with an entryway, a living room, a large bedroom with very comfortable king-sized bed, and a huge bathroom. There was floor heat in both the bathroom and bedroom, which is extra-nice in Prague in February. On the very small complaint side, while the bathroom had a huge tub, it didn't have separate tub and shower, and the suite didn't have a separate w/c. The staff is amazing -- very friendly and helpful and no request will go unanswered. The restaurant is fantastic -- it is mentioned in the Michelin guide and I am somewhat surprised it didn't get a star -- it is worthy. They don't have the buffet spread that hotels in the Far East have, but what they did have was of the highest quality and delicious. The bar features a huge cocktail menu and is well worth a visit, even if you're not staying in the hotel. The best part of our visit was the spa. Just like the hotel itself, the spa is perhaps the finest I've ever been to. It's small and intimate with a highly trained staff. Really can't say enough good about it. Overall, a world-class hotel. One other very small complaint, which drives me nuts at these very-high-end places is the lack of free wifi. When paying these prices it seems that the surcharge for wifi is, quite simply, stupid. But that won't stop me from visiting the MO again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the original high, arched ceilings.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CHK_13
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to Prague and for sharing such a generous review with the TripAdvisor community. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hotel, including Spa, Restaurant, Bar as well as our legendary service. Please be assured that your positive comments have been shared with the rest of the team.

Once again, thank you for your review and endorsement. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Mandarin Oriental, Prague during your next trip to the Golden City.

With warm regards

St Paul, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

I stayed in the Mandarin Oriental Prague for three nights in early February with a stay two get the third night free package. I chose a Deluxe Terrace room and I was very pleased with it. The room opens up to a courtyard and there is a table with chairs to enjoy the view. The room had all the luxury appointments one would expect: soft white sheets, large towels, deep soaking tub, massive flat screen TV, and great air conditioning.

I was less pleased about the food offerings. My rate included a buffet breakfast - one morning it was minimal because of low occupancy, the other it was complete but I didn't find the offerings particularly memorable. I did have a very nice thai coconut soup for lunch and a room service cheeseburger one night.

The property has very minimal public areas - basically two chairs in a small lobby and a smoky lounge adjacent to the restaurant.

I had a lovely facial in the incredibly historic spa - it is worth a visit even if you aren't staying at the property.

The location was fine for my purposes - a block away from a tram stop and within close walking distance of the major attractions.

The staff were cordial but not really warm. I was surprised to see at checkout that some new guests were offered a cup of tea and a brochure explaining the history of the hotel, neither of which I received when I checked in.

All things considered, I had a fine experience that was a good value at the rate I received. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for high end accommodations in Prague.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are very quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Spacrawler
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for a detailed review and comments following your stay with us. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, including the spa treatment in our awarded spa.

I can assure you that your note regarding the breakfast and welcome cup of tea is well taken indeed. Thank you for bringing this comment to our attention. Our main goal is to delight our guests.

I sincerely hope to have you back in our “little jewel“ whenever your travels bring you back to Prague.

Best wishes,