“A real gem!”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have just returned from a stay in the Mandarin Oriental, Prague and I can safely say it ranks among the best hotels I have stayed in!

An excellent conversion of an old monastery into a true 5-star hotel. While I thoroughly enjoyed my whole stay, from the red carpet arrival, the luxurious room through to the quick and efficient check out, the things that stood out for me were the attention to detail and the superb staff. This was no more evident than in the restaurant, with its excellent blend of local and Asian menu (small gripe; it is great food but the menu is a little limited) and fantastic staff. A big thank you to the Maître d'hôtel, who put us onto some truly superb local wines!

I usually stay on the other side of the river, closer to the Old Town on my visits to Prague..but not any more!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Langers_ch
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your kind words of appreciation. I am very delighted to hear that your experience with our hotel is perceived as the best you have stayed in so far. I am also thrilled to know that you have enjoyed our Essensia restaurant cuisine; please rest assured that all your enthusiastic comments have been shared with Maître d'hôtel and the rest of my colleagues.

I sincerely hope to have you back in our “little jewel” whenever your travels bring you back to the Golden City!

With my warmest regards,

Werner Anzinger

Write a ReviewReviews (1,440)

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed there last December and till today, I can still remember the lovely deluxe room overlooking the cobbled streets. Although it was a former monastery which was converted into a luxurious hotel, I was impressed by how this hotel was tastefully decorated with a nice blend of the old world charm juxtaposing with the modern touches (from the common areas like corridors filled with art pieces, to the restaurants, bar and spa). Our room was beautiful and clean, with a large bathroom. Liked the location of the hotel as it was away from the bustling crowds, but still within a short walking distance to explore the main sights (Charles Bridge etc) during winter. In terms of service, the staff were friendly and competent. There was even a personalized greeting card with our names upon arrival when we checked into the room. Although we arranged for a hotel transfer at the very last minute, the concierge was very obliging and a car arrived fairly quickly. Overall, would revisit this hotel again if we ever stop by in Prague.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank adelme
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience about your stayat Mandarin Oriental, Prague. We were honored to welcome you in our hotel last December and most importantly that we have made your stay memorable until today. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed our spacious rooms, services offered to our guests, as well as the location and overall atmosphere of our hotel. I have shared your warm comments with my colleagues, who were delighted as I am.

I truly hope to have a chance to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed October 17, 2012

I just returned from wonderful trip ever. We stayed at your lovely hotel and was amazed with the hospitality and services provided by your team. We our self as hoteliers and stayed at few of Mandarin chain but our recent stayed at Mandarin Oriental Prague was amazing and best vacation ever.

Everyone was exceptional and brilliant concierge team and ADELA at the spa one of your SUPERSTAR!

We are now back to work and already start planning to return during winter season.

Room Tip: Ask for Garden Room and not too far from the lift.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Parrot1973

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us during your visit to Pragueand for posting such a generous review on the Trip Advisor. I am very pleased to read that you have enjoyed our hospitality, including Spa, Concierge service as well as Food & Beverage outlets.

Our team and myself are doing the best to delight our guests; and please be assured that your positive comments have been shared with the rest of the team.

We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague, during the winter season!

My very best wishes,

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here in January of 2012 and couldn't have asked for a better place. The hotel is amazing. The woman who showed us to our room gave us a short history of the building which I loved. The rooms were beautiful and clean. We visited the bar frequently and I can attest to the fact that the bartenders were very good at their craft. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was particularly tasty. I also loved the staff who were very helpful and very approachable. They gave us great recommendations for dining options - everything from high end spots to a nice low key place within walking distance that served the best sausage (made in house) that I've ever eaten.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JJK812
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience post about your visit to our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I was thrilled to read how much you had enjoyed our rooms, dinner in our Essensia restaurant, and particularly the service of our hotel. These positive comments are truly the best reward for us. Our team and myself are doing the best to create memorable amosphere for our guests in the ‘home away from home’ sense. I would like to thank you again for you time and recommendations.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My very best wishes,

Reviewed September 10, 2012

I am a big fan of the Mandarin Oriental Group of hotels. Generally they get it very right and sometimes very wrong (see my review of the MO Washington). Here, in Prague, they got it right.

I had booked the hotel car which is a lovely Mercedes S-Class, fully optioned. The driver gave us some nice information on the way in.

We were warmly greeted at the car, given a glass of iced tea and check-in was done in the room. Had booked a Garden View Room and it was a good size and a nice view of the courtyard. As you would expect, not a lot of view options unless you book the two castle view rooms.

Decor was understated and the bathroom was a good size. Only gripe (which is common in hotels) is two fold. First, why is there never a place next to the sink to hang a hand towel and what is the obsession with rain showers. They have no pressure and you have to dance around to get wet!

We dined in the restaurant on the first night (as we had a voucher included). There is a Czech option and an Asian option. We went the Czech and it was pretty good and well priced. We washed it all down with a Czech Pinot. The restaurant was very quiet but the staff were attentive. The restaurant is a Krug Champange specialty house so it you love this champagne, like I do, you will be very happy. We then retreated to the bar for a final drink and again, lovely staff and a wide cocktail list. It was Sunday night so it was very quiet.

Breakfast is a continental buffet with a few hot options. I have to say that it was a bit uninspiring for the MO compared to Asia, but I think we get spoiled in Asia. We were met each day by the same lady who asked if it was our first time at the buffet. You would think by the third time with only 40% occupancy they might remember you.

I have to give special credit to the concierge (Thomas) who was a font of knowledge and also a great help when my friend was unwell. He has a treasure trove of remedies available.

He also recommended a good travel guide for walking tours of the city and he was right, the guide was great.

Definaltley a great MO property and worth visiting and going back to.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank wockinwod
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write such an extensive review following your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. It gives me great pleasure to read your thoughtful and appreciative comments about your experience, even though, as you noted not everything was 100% perfect. Comments such as yours help us keep improving the quality of our service. Please rest assured that we pay attention to all of our guest feedbacks, and that your comments have been shared with all the relevant members of my team.

I would like once again to thank you for your review. I hope to have a chance to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

With my very best wishes,

Reviewed September 3, 2012

I frequent Mandarin Oriental properties, which in my opinion are some of the best in the world. The service and kind outlook of the staff separate the hotels from the rest. The Mandarin in Prague is no different. The property is spectacular (built in an old monastery) -- it has such unique traits. The architecture is so beautiful, it really sets the hotel apart. Of course as beautiful as the building is, the staff and service level are what set it appart. I would highly recommend the MO Prague without hesitation and will certainly return. You will be taken back by the splendors of this golden city. Also, don't miss the spa. It is built in a chapel and is stunning.

Room Tip: Junior Suites are nice and spacious and provide lots of light.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Adam D
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your exprience at Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAvisor community. I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and especially appreciate your kind comments regarding our service, as well as the spa. Your feedback is our best reward and has been shared with my team.

Once again, thank you for your review and endorsement. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you to Mandarin Oriental, Prague during your next trip to the Golden City.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We spend unforgettable nights and days in this charming hotel with long history as building. Attention to detail from staff was more than good, as they were helping with the all the requests, but not being too pushy or "too polite", as they understood for example; that after the heavy night out maybe I don't want to have meaningless discussions with the hangover.
Also all the service was more than good and they were really polite. Also the way GM of the hotel was welcoming everybody personally was nice touch. On top of everything they realized, that I had birthday during our staying and there was chocolate cake with hand written greetings from GM and from whole staff.
Ideal location for your staying. I didn't have time to check the spa, but some of my friends who stayed there same time said, that it was one the best spas they have visited.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SF_Edge
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague. I am honoured you chose Mandarin Oriental, Prague as a “home away from home“ to celebrate your birthday, and thrilled to read that you have enjoyed many aspects of your stay including our service. Your warm comments are our best reward - rest assured that your compliments have been shared with the rest of the Mandarin Oriental, Prague team.

I would like to once again thank you for your time. I truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague and, perhaps, to our Spa as well on your next visit to the Golden City.

Wishing you a delightful rest of the season,