“Perfect destination @ "Golden City" of Prague”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #25 of 651 Hotels in Prague
Helsinki, Finland
“Perfect destination @ "Golden City" of Prague”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We spend unforgettable nights and days in this charming hotel with long history as building. Attention to detail from staff was more than good, as they were helping with the all the requests, but not being too pushy or "too polite", as they understood for example; that after the heavy night out maybe I don't want to have meaningless discussions with the hangover.
Also all the service was more than good and they were really polite. Also the way GM of the hotel was welcoming everybody personally was nice touch. On top of everything they realized, that I had birthday during our staying and there was chocolate cake with hand written greetings from GM and from whole staff.
Ideal location for your staying. I didn't have time to check the spa, but some of my friends who stayed there same time said, that it was one the best spas they have visited.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SF_Edge
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague. I am honoured you chose Mandarin Oriental, Prague as a “home away from home“ to celebrate your birthday, and thrilled to read that you have enjoyed many aspects of your stay including our service. Your warm comments are our best reward - rest assured that your compliments have been shared with the rest of the Mandarin Oriental, Prague team.

I would like to once again thank you for your time. I truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague and, perhaps, to our Spa as well on your next visit to the Golden City.

Wishing you a delightful rest of the season,

Werner Anzinger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Visited in the fall, the hotel was amazing an old monastery turned hotel. Beautiful setting with arched alleyways and elevated ceilings, stayed in the deluxe. The staff was very helpful and courteous. The facilities were very clean. On site eating premises were terrific! Fantastic food at the bar and the breakfast buffet was nice as well. the spa is one of the best I have been to and felt very pampered, again great service! Definetly going back!

Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vasiliki A
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a generous review. I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed your meal in our restarant and Barego; but I am most pleased that you found our service, both in the Spa and Restaurant, pleasant and eager to anticipate your needs. Your wonderful comment is a terrific reward for every member of the team.

I would like once again thank you for your review, and I am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

My kindest regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 16, 2012

This is a fabulous new hotel on the quiet side of the Charles bridge which I much prefer for a location in Prague. The rooms are beautifully appointed as are the georgous bathrooms. The rooms are on the small side though. The breakfast was great with a lot of service. I used the spa and enjoyed it but not the best massage I've ever had I would say good. The concierge thomas was excellent and sent us to the best restaurants

Room Tip: Ask to have exposure to the gardens in the back
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan L
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of our hotel with the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled to read that you have enjoyed the room and breakfast, as well as the ambience of our Spa building; rest assured that your compliments have been shared with our staff. I certainly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Can't be beat. Ideal location, simultaneously secluded and in the center of things. Steps from the end of the Charles Bridge and a major tram stop from which several lines lead to the nearest Metro station, up the hill to the castle and easy connections to everywhere else. Also steps from dozens of cozy cafes, restaurants and shops that are just as nice as the ones on Wenceslas Square without the mobs. The property is a converted monastery and the update has retained the uniqueness, charm and tranquility of the original. No noisy nighttime street singers or traffic noises like in the Old Town, just a retreat to your own peaceful monastery garden. Breakfast served in a series of low vaulted rooms full of atmosphere is particularly nice. The service is on that genuinely friendly, call-you-by-name and let-us-pamper-you level typical of a Mandarin Oriental. Recommended without hesitation.

Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Tom C
Dear Guest,

First, let me thank you for taking the time to share so eloquently your impressions of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am honored to have welcomed you as our guest at Mandarin Oriental, Prague this summer. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed our lovely neighbourhood, the monastic atmosphere of our hotel, and our staff doing their best every day to assure comfortable and pleasant stay for our guests. I have shared your review with my colleagues who were as delighted as I.

Thank you again; I sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My warmest regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We recently spent four nights at this hotel and were very dissappointed. I admit my expectations were high, but I don't think inappropriate considering we were paying approximately $1000.00 per night for two rooms. Our 3 college aged kids shared one room, which was suppose to be a triple. We paid an extra 150 euros per night for a cot. My husband and I had to change rooms twice. The first room was over the service entrance and we were woken up at 5am by the beeping of garbage truck and other deliveries. The air conditioning did not work properly in the second room. When we mentioned this to the front desk, they acknowledged that was a problem with that particular room. Then why did they move us there when there were other rooms available? Other complaints:1. Breakfast was the exact same every day; 2. there is no inviting common space and really lobby at all; 3 the outdoor dining space is right next to the car valet area; the spa charges to use the sauna and hot tub even if you are having a $200 treatment.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Liza6165
New York
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Great service in a beautiful neighborhood make doing business in Prague a joy. It has everything you'd want from an upscale hotel except a pool. Service is doting. Food at the restaurant is an eclectic mix of Asian, Indian and local Czech. Exactly what you'd expect from a Mandarin property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your exprience with Mandarin Oriental, Prague with the TripAdvisor community. We were proud to have our service described as doting, and thank you for all your other warm comments. I trully hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the future, perhaps on a leisure trip next time.

With my best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was here for 3 nights and cannot really fault the place, the staff are outstanding and offer an incredibly high level of service. The rooms are perfect and the hotel's location is ideal. Regular users of the Mandarin chain will be used to these exceptional standards and a stay here will not disappoint.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank HenryAbott
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your views of your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am delighted to read that your stay with us was comfortable and pleasant. Our guest’s satisfaction – manifested in reviews such as yours - is our best reward.

Thank you again; I truly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

Sincerely yours,