“Hard to Fault, 5 Star Destination with Incredible Staff”

Mandarin Oriental, Prague
Ranked #23 of 647 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I was here for 3 nights and cannot really fault the place, the staff are outstanding and offer an incredibly high level of service. The rooms are perfect and the hotel's location is ideal. Regular users of the Mandarin chain will be used to these exceptional standards and a stay here will not disappoint.

2  Thank HenryAbott
MO_Prague, General Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Prague, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for sharing your views of your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Prague. I am delighted to read that your stay with us was comfortable and pleasant. Our guest’s satisfaction – manifested in reviews such as yours - is our best reward.

Thank you again; I truly hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague in the future.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I just came back from a 5 night business trip. The Mandarin Oriental in Prague is in an excellent location in the Old Town. It benefits from having a nice outdoor space so on warm dry days you can eat breakfast/dinner or have drinks there. it is right by the entrance of the hotel so you look on to parked cars or taxis constantly pulling up. the staff in the hotel were friendly, professional and helpful throughout the trip. A decent breakfast buffet. The room service was fine but nothing to talk about an expensive. limp lettuce ceasar salad with no dressing and dry chicken. Also took over an hour from ordering it to it being delivered to my room. Spa massage was good but very expensive. I was given a room in the attic of the spa, it was clean and with a comfortable bed but the room was very hot as it is an attic room,no decent air con and so so noisy from the tram that went by all the time, the bathroom was big but teh shower had bad pressure and took ages before hot water came and the worst part of the attic spa room is that you had to take a lift walk through a corridor, take another lift and then walk up another flight of stairs or use the spa lift but only is spa hours. A serious pain each time. No swimming pool . The design in the hotel restaurant and bar feels a bit cheesy and dated considering the prices are top dollar. This hotel is fine for business and has good internet service & high speed connection. I would not want to stay here for pleasure. If i came back I would make sure that I was not in the spa part of the hotel. Prague is beautiful, people are lovely and Prague is well worth visiting.

Room Tip: do not choose a room in the spa building. especially not the attic room.
1  Thank georgina14

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking your time and sharing your extensive review with the Trip Advisor community.

First, I am happy to know that you have enjoed many aspects of your stay with us, especially our service. Second, I regret to hear that our room service did not meet your expectations; rest assured that we take all guest comments seriously, and have already improved our quality check system prior to delivery so that food always arrives in top condition.

Finally, with respect to your room, due to the historical nature of the building we were not able to build a lift leading up to the top floor; nonetheless, it is the opinion of the vast majority of guests that the top-floor rooms in the Spa building make up for the slight inconvenience by their lovely rustic atmosphere and in one case, a beautiful sunken bathroom. As our property comprises four different buildings, there is a great variety of rooms available and it is only a slight exaggeration to say that no two are alike; we would be sure to choose one that better fits your needs should you honour us by choosing Mandarin Oriental, Prague for a future stay.

Thank you very much again for your helpful comments. Have a lovely rest of the summer and should your travels bring you to Prague again, we would be happy to welcome you back.

Best wishes,

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed here for work but it would be a great base for any purpose of stay - excellent location. The room was very comfortable, the twice daily maid service was discreet and attentive. Fresh fruit in my room was replenished daily. Breakfast was plentiful, varied and very tasty. Good bar & restaurant. I didn't try the spa but heard it's wonderful. All the staff were sweet and polite.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a lovely review of your stay. Your generous feedback is a wonderful encouragement to my team – we especially appreciate your ”sweet“ comment. We sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague again.

My kindest regrads,

Reviewed August 1, 2012

During our visit to Prague with my wife and three kids we considered that the MO would be a nice option due to its location. When arrived the receiption by the staff was amazing; they made a great effort in order for us to feel at home. When arriving to our room (by the way we were upgraded), they really paid attention to those little details that make a difference. For instance, they included all kind of amenities for my kid of 1.5 years old (shampoos, special bath robes, pop corns).
The recommendations of the concierge with respect to restaurants were also great as we were able to skip those tourist traps.
The breakfast and the great service of the staff at the restaurant also made a big difference. The service was amazing and the food was also great.
I would say that the only part of the hotel that could be subject to improvement is the fitness area. Although the gym is fine, there is no one to assist you. That is a very little insignifant thing.
Finally, the rooms are great (spacious, clean and well decored).
This is a great city with great people with a great hotel, located in a very beutiful area of Prague.
I will definetly consider this hotel in a future stay in this beautiful city.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your enthusiastic and detailed review. it is extremely gratifying to hear that you and your family appreciated the little child-friendly touches we are happy to provide to our little guests.

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, from your room to dining and concierge services, and last but not least, our lovely city - Prague. Your generous comments are greatly appreciated by my entire team.

I would once again like to thank you for your time and effort, and sincerely hope to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

Sincerely yours,

Werner Anzinger,

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This branch of the Mandarin Oriental chain is a welcome oasis of restrained elegance in this glorious city. It is unusually quiet yet very central, set in the Little Quarter , a stones throw from the Castle and Charles Bridge, but in a tranquil bubble of calm. The building is a renovated monastery, and many wonderful archaeological finds excavated during the renovation are displayed, both artefacts in cases and also original structures displayed beneath glass floors in the Spa. Speaking of which...... the Spa experiences are out of the world, as are the prices! The rituals and the treatments themselves are excellent,and include diagnostic exercise and diet suggestions .... definitely worth it for an occasional treat. There are also free Yoga sessions every morning in the quiet clam of the spa area. Breakfasts are very very good, and the cocktail bar extremely inviting. The restaurant menu is possibly a little over-styled, with Eastern fusion cooking, but this can be a light and healthy alternative after all the heavy, fatty food on offer around the rest of Prague. Without exception the staff are charming and helpful. With welcome extras- fresh fruit in the rooms, iPod docks, dvd players, but a disappointingly narrow TV channel choice- 8 sports channels,?!, 5 news channels but no drama or art channels.- what about BBC Entertainment of Classic TV etc? There are no views in the Spa wing bedrooms, a narrow street with windows opposite, but the rooms themselves are comfortable and elegant.(Except for the rather ugly wardrobes), with cool parquet flooring.Classy marble bathrooms and beautiful double-ended baths, big enough for two , and excellent aromatherapy toiletries offer a pampering treat. I loved the Sleep Spray, and suffering jet lag , this sprayed on my pillow after an excellent de-stress massage meant I had the best night's sleep for a long time.

Room Tip: The Monastery rooms have no views and are a little way away from the main hotel, but are very peacef...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jojojoy

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Prague and posting such an articulate, informative and generous review following your stay with us. I am thrilled that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay, from our location to the historical highlights located throughout the hote, to our breakfast and Spa offerings.

If I may, I would only like to clarify one detail: Our restaurant, Essensia, does not offer fusion cooking but a two-part menu – updated Czech cuisine and classic, straightforward Asian classics, both prepared by highly trained and skilled chefs who emphasize quality ingredients and authentic flavours above all else.

With respect to the choice of in-room TV channels, I understand that it may appear limited but the programmes you mention are not available via public broadcast licenses in the Czech Republic, and thus cannot be offered by any Czech hotel. However, we are constantly monitoring the market and will be adding more programme choices as they become available..

I would once again thank you for your time, and am very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My kindest regards,

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We stayed at the Mandarin for two nights in July, 2012. Two rooms -- one a castle view room (507) and the other a garden view (328). Both were very nice. Large rooms, well appointed, great beds (although hard, as is typical in Europe). Great bathrooms. The hotel is set off from the touristy bustle of Prague and has a nice quiet feel to it. It is a little refuge in a busy city. It is located just over the Charles Bridge in the Little Quarter, so it is incredibly close to the castle, the bridge, and very easy to walk over to Old Town. The breakfast was great; the spa was excellent. Service was excellent. Overall, a solid hotel. Cheaper than the 4 Seasons by quite a bit (at least when we were reserving) and just as nice. I would definitely recommend it. (Only drawback if you have kids with you: no pool.)

Room Tip: The castle view rooms cost more but are worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel on the TripAdvisor community. I am thrilled that you have enjoyed your stay including the rooms, breakfast and spa; your mention of excellent service is also much appreciated.

It has been a pleasure to look after your during your stay. I truly hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to Mandarin Oriental, Prague soon.

My best wishes,

Reviewed July 28, 2012

this is absolutely top!!!!!! get a hotel transfer from the airport, sublime mercedes and very attentful driver. Breakfast with endless choice. The suites are breathtaking: three rooms !! , a bathroom as big as football field, shower where the whole footballteam can take a shower all together. restaurant of top quality with exeptional polite personnel. The hotel is on walking distance of the center of prague. I can 't imagine there would be a better place to stay in this lovely city.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Dr. Hasselt,

It is not every day that I have the pleasure of reading a similarly delightful, enthusiastic review. Our heartfelt thanks for sharing your feedback following your stay with us, and rest assured my entire team is looking forward to welcoming you back to our “little jewel“.

Your compliments mean the world to us. Have a lovely rest of the season and let’s hope your travels bring you back to Prague soon.

With my best wishes,