Aparthotel City 5
$135
$80
Travelocity
1,380 results
All reviewskristina makesold townlarge tescoplace to stayandel stationstaropramen breweryhome away from homestudio apartmenttesco supermarketlaundry servicegave us a mapfelt like homecesky krumlovminute walkpublic transporttop floorday pass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 1, 2013

It is very difficult to find any flaw when it comes to Aparthotel City 5. Kristina is incredibly warm and helpful. Upon my arrival to Aparthotel, Kristina greeted me with a coffee and gave me advice regarding places to visit, how to get around and where to eat. My room was very clean and everything was in good working order. Breakfast is very good, and make sure you get some of Kristina's delicious toasties. In the days after my arrival, I cannot count how many times the information that Kristina gave me helped me enjoy my stay in Prague. If there is absolutely anything you may need, whether it be stamps for postcards, laundry, bus/tram tickets or advice on anything Prague related, Kristina is always willing and prepared to help.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 28, 2013

All these great things you're reading about Aparthotel City 5 and Kristina are repeated over and over for one reason; they're all true. Kristina meet us with a big smile and a cold beer. She found a parking spot on the next street and stood there and reserved it until I could drive around the block to get to it.

The room was clean and cozy complete with refrigerator, stove, sink, dishes, etc. Breakfast was good, make sure you try her cheesy toast thingy, and according to my wife, the coffee was great.

The location was good for us, we walked everywhere, but noted it was very close to public transportation. Kristina provided us with excellent tourist advice. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Because of all the previous, wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor, I quickly booked this hotel for our short stay in Prague a couple weeks ago. It does not disappoint and is exactly what everyone says! Very comfortable, inviting, accommodating, and Kristina is the best hotel manager I have ever experienced. She was incredibly helpful and passionate about informing us about her city, mapping out our routes, and all while having a cappuccino or a beer upon arrival. Her delicious breakfast "toasties" are just the icing on top ;)

It is a nice walk or short tram ride into old city center from Aparthotel, and I personally enjoyed staying off the beaten path a little bit, so that we weren't immersed in constant hustle and bustle of the main tourist parts of the city. You can quickly get to the train station or other local shopping, so the location and price are unbeatable for Prague.

Also, my husband and I had a situation with delayed luggage from Chicago, and Kristina was committed to hounding the airport on our behalf, to ensure they delivered luggage to us IN Prague instead of us chasing it all over the rest of Europe for the remainder of our vacation. We would just as soon have trusted the airport to be timely about the whole thing, but she knew better and really helped us in a bind. She is the real deal and deserves all the business from you newcomers!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank katie y
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I am only giving ApartHotel 5 stars because the site won't let me give it 6.

We booked the hotel because it was at the highest rated hotel in our price range. And boy were we glad we did. It turned out to be the best place we stayed in our Europe tour. Spacious and functional without being frilly. The fridge and kitchen saved us money and time (not having to eat out or look for yet another place to spend our money to eat). The bed was actually big enough for both of us (I am 6'5", so this was incredibly rare on our trip). And the shower... Thank God that the shower was more than just a handheld shower head and a curtain. It was a full, nice shower with great water heat and pressure. So yeah, it was very comfortable.

In addition, you've no doubt read about the owner, Kristina. She is incredibly hospitable. Not to mention funny and charming. She made us feel completely welcome and safe. She greeted us with a beer when we arrived and suggested places to see. She helped us with bus and train schedules. One morning we found her on the phone with the airport locating someone's lost luggage and she'd been at it for hours. And when our plans changed and we wanted to stay a couple more days, she had to move us out of our room and put us in an even better one for the same price. She also did our laundry while we were there. She even gave her guests her cell number in case of emergency. How she managed to do all this without being overbearing is amazing. (We stayed with others on our tour who were unintentionally invasive.) Was there ever a better hotelier than Kristina?

Additionally, she serves breakfast and coffee every day. We spent a lot of our trip before Prague searching for a decent cup of coffee in the mornings before sightseeing, so it was incredibly convenient to just come downstairs and eat before going out. Again, saved us valuable time and money.

You would be a fool to stay anywhere else.

One tip: if you mention Rick Steves, be prepared to face her wrath. Hehe. (Just kidding... or am I?) ;-P

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank miguelito_slc
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at Aparthotel City 5 in May 2013.

Kristina was a great host, who arranged for our pick up at the train station and offered us drinks and snacks once we arrived. She also gave us a map and took the effort to explain to us in detail where things were and how to get around. She even gave us a bag of stale bread on the last day to feed the swans and ducks by the river when she knew we wanted to go on a walk by the river in the evening. She even helped to settle problems we had with one of our tour guides, which was not within her job scope.

The rooms were also very clean and spacious, with everything you might need in an apartment. The location is fairly close to all the main sights, where you can either take a nice long walk along the river or take the metro only 5-10 minutes away.

Overall, it was a very pleasant stay in the lovely city of Prague, made so especially by Kristina's warm hospitality.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family