Aparthotel City 5
$269
$232
Preferred Hotels
1,385 results
All reviewskristina makesold townlarge tescoplace to stayandel stationstaropramen breweryhome away from homestudio apartmenttesco supermarketlaundry servicegave us a mapfelt like homecesky krumlovminute walkpublic transporttop floorday pass
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife, our baby and I, stayed a week. Prague is a lovely city and we were fortunate to be staying at Aparthotel City 5. The hotel rooms are very nice, great value and the location in the Andel district is very convenient. There are many amenities in the immediate area, you are a 30 min walk from the old town, with metro and street car surface just around the corner. But what makes this a really great place to stay is Kristina. Kristina is incredibly helpful and friendly, rarely have I felt so welcome while traveling. From helping us organize a taxi from the airport before we arrived, to advice on places to visit, a friendly chat over breakfast or a beer in the cafe, Kristina makes Aparthotel City 5 a real pleasure to stay.
Alex - Ottawa

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Alexander G
Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Aparthotel City 5 last year (2011). Picked up from the airport by Kristina who entertained us all the way to the city. She had many wonderful anecdotes to share and was oozing friendliness and enthusiasm. It was pouring rain and she didn't miss a beat the whole trip. A beer to wet the whistle after our trip was well received. Cheers!

We were only in Prague for five nights and saw quite a lot of the city - once again, heartfelt thanks to Kristina who gave us some very useful tips on what to see, costs etc.

We would highly recommend this hotel - if ever we are back in Prague we would definitely stay here again. No hesitation!

Room Tip: Maybe try for a room away from the 'main street', it can be a little loud re: locals leaving pubs and some traffic, but if you can block that out, there's no need to be concerned.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Glenn W
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Based on the glowing reviews of Aparthotel City 5 we booked with Kristina for our (first) week long holiday in this sumptuous city. And we were so delighted with our choice. From the moment we arrived and the complementary refreshment till leaving, Kristina lavished unstinting attention. Breakfast was great and her by now famous toasties never disappointed! Ever cheerful Kristina really provided a unique experience for us.

Our top floor accommodations was spacious, very comfortable and quiet; absolutely no disturbances during nights’ sleep. The location was perfect for us. We love walking and do much of it. There was day long warm spring sunshine every day, perfect holiday weather. It was lovely walking along the attractive river embankments, both sides, especially at sunset and occasionally also at sunrise.

We walked to all the attractions and only took the tram to ones such as the National Gallery at Veletrzni. We walked around the lovely trails on nearby Petrin Hill and park and enjoyed a sunny afternoon at Vyšehrad.

We highly recommend Aparthotel City 5 and without hesitation would stay there on a return visit.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank permia
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We booked a 3 night stay here after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was initially nervous that after all the hype that we might be let down. However as soon as we arrived Kristina was there with a great welcome and a beer. She chatted with us about our trip and made us feel instantly at home.

She upgraded our room due to the length of our travel from Australia(via Ireland). She was so helpful that it made me wonder about the distinct lack of service I get from other places and I've stayed in a lot of places. This place is simply outstanding. I even forgot my passport and Kristina organised a taxi to send it to me in the airport.

The apartment is situated in Andel which is class as its beside the river and about 30 mins walk to the centre of the city. However the metro(which is excellent and cheap,1 euro for a trip) is only 5 minutes away. This takes you into the heart of the city and back out again. Trust me after all the walking in Prague you will be glad of the metro.

Breakfast is incredible value at only 4 euro and includes a full continental breakfast as well as coffeee, tea and toasties!! Toasties are yum. We ate there every day.

People are giving negatives to the location but I feel the opposite. It is away from all the tacky souvenir shops and the overpriced restaurants and bars. In Andel the prices of everything are cheap. There is a Tesco there that sells everything and is incredibly cheap. In locals restaurants Beer was 1 euro for a .5l Glass. Food was cheap but deicious. For a couple we got two meals and three beers for 8 euro. Try the thirsty deer pub next door for some authentic beer and food.

Czech Food is essentially Pork and Soup. Its good to try but very heavy. I suggest alternating between local and european dishes.The beer is outstanding. Make sure you try Lemon Beer. Simply gorgeous.

Make sure to so the free Prague royal walking tour which Kristina recommended. Gives you a great insight into the history of the city. I was sad to be leaving and when i return i will return to this aparthotel.

Everything was excellent

Glenn & Kate

Room Tip: Get a two room apartment. Very spacious and feels like home. Get a taxi to and from airport. Organise with Kristina in advance Try the breakfast. Let Kristina pamper you.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlennUzell
Reviewed March 29, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here in October and loved it. When she had the opportunity to go to Prague again earlier this month, Kristina was the first person we contacted. Once again, Kristina and her hotel made it a wonderful visit to a special city.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends