“wonderful yet again”
Review of Aparthotel City 5

Aparthotel City 5
Ranked #5 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Thanks kristiana for another wonderful stay.
Stayed in a studio this time excellent personal touches such as free safe, washing up liquid and best of all a little Christmas tree with lights in our room. You don't get that if you stay in a hotel chain.
The room was lovely and warm. The breakfasts are great too, Kristiana's toasties are legendary.
Nothing is too much trouble to Kristiana, she greets you as friends and helps you to make the most of your time in Prague.
The Andel is a up and coming area, and it's great going to bars and restaurants where tourists are a minority

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have less road noise
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank turkeytraveller54
There are newer reviews for Aparthotel City 5

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I have already visited this place a few years back and it remains the best place to stay in Prague or anywhere else for that matter. The hospitality from Kristina is infectiously enthusiastic and more or less perfect in every way. The place itself is well located, close to travel connections and the metro but also close enough to walk into town along the river. Rooms are well equipped with a great shower, with the only slight negative remaining the noise from the street. Breakfast is just what you need, plus free wifi as well. The rates (for Prague) are also a bargain.

PS. You will be press-ganged into going to Vysehrady by Kristina, who has made it her life goal for every one of her guests to visit it...fortunately its very interesting and well worth the hike up the hill.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Unionmark
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I will first give my highest praise to the proprietress Kristina, who upon my arrival (on my own in a city I had never visited before) made me feel absolutely at home and furnished me with guidebooks, maps, and personal advice about the best places in the city. I spent a lovely afternoon in Vysehrad which is a ten minute walk across the river at her advice, something I otherwise wouldn't have done. Throughout my stay, she was helpful, and looked after me with characteristic warmth. She made me coffee and toasties every morning - yum! - and even did my washing for me. The hotel itself is located close to many attractions in Prague (I walked everywhere) but is tucked away a bit such that the rooms are nice and quiet. My room was clean and comfortable, had free wifi, and suited my needs perfectly. This is the only hotel for me in Prague, and I can't wait to return.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Melissa R
Reviewed November 27, 2011

There is definitely a reason why this place is rated so highly by the other trip advisor community. Booking was a cinch on their website and the proprietress, Kristina, writes back personally to respond to any questions or concerns. Parking is available close buy ( 3-4 minute walk). The room is clean and convenient and well stocked with plenty of complimentary teas and coffees. The best part is Kristina. She treats you like an honored guest, sits you down to highlight must-see sights and pampers you. Will definitely return if I visit Prague again.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank GoemonIshikawa
Reviewed November 22, 2011

As soon as we stepped inside my 3 year old son saw the play corner by the stairs and his eyes lit up. There was a cubby house, books and toys of every description. Then Kristina stepped out and we all felt the magic. She is a wonderful host who is so eager to share with you her love of Prague that there is no way you cannot help but be excited about what lies outside.

This is not a bland, perfectly furnished hotel. Instead the room felt very homey and the kitchen facilities would have been useful had we stayed longer as we found most of the nearby restaurants to be too full or too smoky for kids. We had the best sleep of the trip in the bed. The bathroom was lacking in some toiletries, so you may like to bring your own.

Breakfast had a decent range and was excellent value. Do try Kristina's toasties - they are yummy!

There is a big shopping centre nearby that has most things you could need, the Andel metro and trams which are not difficult to use at all and will drop you off close to the major sights if you can't be bothered walking. Railroad Kingdom is nearby - a good choice for young ones. Kristina will give them bread to feed the swans in the river down the street and there are lots of playgrounds around for the children.

Aparthotel City 5 is the kind of place that you want to stay a while as a break from the soulless hotels that you'll find most places. Our three year has told us that he wants to go back to Kristina's house and you will too.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank allrite
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I work in a Hotel Industry for more than 10 years in my Home Town Puerto Rico. I had visit more than 30 hotel as a guest all around the world. No Doubt this is the best experience of Hospitality that I and my group of 7 person ever have. We were all bartenders, owners of restaurants and hotel manager and we learned a lot with Kristina and her great friendly staff. They are everything, concierge, barmates, waitres, chef and much more. We recoment this hotel 100%. They speak spanish, english perfectly and in a very funny way all the time.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Visited here with my husband and son in September. Had a wonderful time and had an outstanding apartment. Kristina was so helpful and made it a point to do everything she could to help us have a fantastic experience in Prague. The apartment was clean, wonderfully appointed and I couldn't have asked for anything more. The location was a quick tram ride or a short walk to several sites, and it was easy to get to on public transport. If you need it, the hotel will also arrange to pick you up or drop you off at the airport for a small fee. Breakfast was amazing and a bargain. Not only do I want to visit Prague again, I want to visit this hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family