“A lovely base to explore a beautiful city”

King Charles Boutique Hotel Residence
Ranked #161 of 649 Hotels in Prague
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“A lovely base to explore a beautiful city”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from 3 nights at the King Charles Boutique Hotel and would definitely recommend it. Its a charming little hotel and the antique style of the furniture and decor makes a pleasant change from the blandness of the multitude of hotel chains we've stayed in. Our room was small but functional and very clean. The staff were very helpful and the complimentary drink on arrival is a nice touch. There are a few pleasant local restaurants (which offer 10% discount to hotel residents). The city centre is within easy reach by public transport, but we enjoyed walking as it only takes 20 mins to walk to the main tourist attractions. A taxi from the airport costs €26 when arranged through the hotel.
Only a couple of (very) minor criticisms. The breakfast wasn't great - although given the price we paid this was really no big deal. The area is very quiet in the evenings which we didn't mind but it's not for anyone looking to be out beyond 10pm!
Overall great value for money - would go back again!

• Stayed September 2013
King_Charles_Prague, General Manager at King Charles Boutique Hotel Residence, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear CarronD,

On behalf of all our staff here in King Charles Boutique Residence, please allow me to thank you very much for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Prague. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back in the near future. We would be grateful for any recommendation regarding breakfast so we can improve our services and be better prepared for your next stay! Please send them to our reception or me directly (es@kingcharles.cz).

General Manager & Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Staying at the King Charles Boutique hotel was such a great experience for me and my family. The room itself was huge and beautifully appointed. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. They went out of their way to ensure that our trip was enjoyable--from helping us determine which sites were the most important to see to serving a wonderful breakfast. I left my daughter's doll in the room after we left, and they even sent it to my home in California, free of charge! I highly recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
King_Charles_Prague, General Manager at King Charles Boutique Hotel Residence, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Leon J,

Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your experience from your stay at King Charles Boutique Residence. We do highly appreciate it! We are delighted you felt completely welcome and content even from your short stay. I have already passed your sentiments to our team. We hope to see you and your family again in the near future!

With warm regards from Prague,
Reviewed August 23, 2013

The day I booked the hotel, they immediately sent an email asking if they need any help for the transportation info for reaching to the hotel, or offering if you send your passport details, you can make a faster check-in, and reply very fast with a very detailed email.

When I arrived, they very kindly offered their traditional drink, which I found very polite.

The breakfast was very rich and delicious.

Wi-Fi was free.

But the most interesting thing happened when I asked if I could leave my bag there for 6 hours until my train departed. And after a long and tiring trip in the city, I came back to get my bag back, and I was desperate to use the bathroom. And when I entered the hotel the lady in the reception immediately told me that I could use the bathroom if I wanted! And I didn't even ask! That was very touchy really.

The only downside could be that the streets around the hotel are a bit too empty after 10pm, and I felt a little insecure as a female solo traveler.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank CaslonHadDyslexia
King_Charles_Prague, General Manager at King Charles Boutique Hotel Residence, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear CaslonHadDyslexia,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time and writing your experience of King Charles Boutique Residence on Tripadvisor.com. We do highly appreciate it. Just a short remark about hotel vicinity: the quarter is very calm and safe and may be that was the reason that you find it too empty comparing to overcrowded city center.

We wish you all the best and hope to see you again in the nearest future!
Yours sincerely,
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

After a great wedding 50 miles from Prague we headed to our second port of call the King Charles Boutique hotel situated in a quiet suburb of Prague Hiding just below the Vyšehrad a historical fort in the older part of the city. We were greeted by a friendly team behind the desk and shown our beautiful room very nicely furnished. And girlfriend couldn't wait to try out the jaquizi bath, After a well earned shot of the local spirit we headed off to the tram stop 1 minute away and armed with great printed instructions from our hosts headed into prague for a great time.
We found the hotel staff friendly and informative and the transport links were very close don't forget to try both restaurants that the hotel recommends (including the 10% discount) they were superb and don't forget to see the castle it's a short walk uphill but the view of prague is amazing the breakfast was good and free tea and coffee from a machine in the lobby and a kettle in your room all in all a good hotel for a good price cheers King Charles there was one slight problem the air conditioning was not working and they were in the process of repairing it as we
arrived bearing on mind there was a heat wave temps hit 34 that week but We were assured it wolf be soon repaired

• Stayed August 2013
King_Charles_Prague, General Manager at King Charles Boutique Hotel Residence, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Majordamike,

First of all let me thank you very much for staying with us and sharing such detailed feedback on Tripadvisor.com! We do highly appreciate it! We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and have a nice memories about the city.
Secondly, please accept my deepest apologies regarding air-condition system which was partly broken after the flood. It should be finally repaired during month and we all are looking forward to it.
Finally, on behalf of all out staff here in King Charles Boutique Residence, I would like to invite you to visit Prague in late November-December (before Christmas) or in early spring. Prague is beautiful in every season and we would be happy recommend you something special (festivals, gigs, exhibitions).

Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We recently spent 2 days at this hotel and would highly recommend it. I say "hidden gem" as it is very unobtrusive from the outside,but inside it certainly is a rare gem! From the friendly welcome to the superior rooms and the delicious breakfast, this hotel is excellent in every way. It is conveniently located close to busses into town and at the end of a hot and busy day sightseeing it is nice to escape from the hustle and bustle. Just 5 minutes walk from the hotel is the Vysehrad
Fortress with wonderful views over the city. We would certainly return to King Charles Hotel. It is unbelievably good value.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paddy48
King_Charles_Prague, General Manager at King Charles Boutique Hotel Residence, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Paddy48,

On behalf of all our staff here in King Charles Boutique Residence, please allow me to thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent visit to Prague. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Many thanks for your kind words about our rooms, breakfast and vicinity!

We wish you a happy holidays and hope to see you again soon!
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

A very lovely hotel, quiet, clean, friendly staffs and great breakfast! Won my heart with the idea of a welcoming drink of a shot of Becherovka! Everything was cosy and also close to the tram station (make sure you cross the bridge). Will come back again! :)

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Annie Z
Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

• Stayed July 2013
King_Charles_Prague, General Manager at King Charles Boutique Hotel Residence, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Annie Z,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing such a positive review on TripAdvisor.com! We are happy to hear that you liked our welcome drink and enjoyed your stay at King Charles Boutique Residence. We hope to see you again in the near future as Prague is always worth visiting a second time! We can definitely recommend you to come at the beginning of December. The city is not so overcrowded and Prague has a fairy-tail Christmas atmosphere!

With warm regards from Prague,