“Quite far away from the center, but for this price better than every other hostel!”
Review of Villa Venus

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Villa Venus
Ranked #323 of 650 Specialty Lodging in Prague
Munich, Germany
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I was the with 4 other friends of mine and we stood there for 1 week. We payed 10 euro a night each!!!
We were really suprised, when we arrived, because the the foyer looked like my grandmas livingroom...:)
But Mrs. Flachsova showed us our room, which was really clean! We had 5 not tooo comfortable beds, fridge and a little bathroom with a shower and toillet.
We also had the possibility to use a were well equipped kitchen, with all you need for excellent cooking ;)
We really saved money, by using the kitchen instead of always going out for lunch and supper!!!
The dissadvantage of this hostel is defenetly, that you need about 15 minutes to go to the center by bus and underground (every day about 2,30 euro for the ticket).
And Mrs. Flachsova doesn´t speak any Ebglish!!!!! But actually we could cope anyway!!!!

So if you don´t make to high demands, you should stay there!!!
It´s actually perfekt for younger people, who wan´t to travel cheap!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends

Families
Business
  • Polish first
istanbul
Reviewed July 27, 2007

I stayed couple of days in this guest house. The rooms are clean but the villa is located meters from a busy highway and is very noisy even with the special windows. At night the whole neighbordhood is deserted, and you need or go through underpassage under the highway when coming from the city center

The owner does not speak English and all correspondance is done by Sarka Petraskova who is supposedly an agent, not a travel agent but someone who does the correspondance in English.

The owner may not redeem a reservation done by this so called "agent". In addition both the agent and the owner are undependable and obnoxious.

• Liked — cleanlisness
  • Disliked — owner
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled solo
sarka80, Sales manager and the english speaking contact person at Villa Venus, responded to this review, July 3, 2008
Hallo, my name is Sarka Petraskova and I was cooperating with Ms.Flachsova - the owner of the property - over past 3 years. I was (I write was because we do not cooperate at the moment, I moved forward) sales manager of this property and also the contact person for communication with the clients of the guest house, because Ms.Flachsova does not speach english, as was mentioned above. I am really sad what I read above, eventhough I am not connected to this property anymore. I have to say, that in majority, clients were satisfied with the services we provided (you can have a look on other reservation web pages and the ratings or guest reviews). It is true, that there is the language barrier, but I was non-stop on the cell phone, so that any problem could be solved immediately. I dont know what happened during the stay of the customer who reviewed us, but to be truth, I am really sad about the situation. I honestly believe that Mrs.Flachsova always tried to satisfy all guests needs and wishes and I also always tried to be helpful. Ofcourse we all are sometimes maybe tired or in bad mood, or solving unpleasant situations, what can be emotionally exhausting, but I feel it rude to give these apellations without making clear what was the exact situation. Anyway, I truely feel sorry, that the client has such bad memories for the stay and I wish it could be changed. Yours sincerely Sarka Petraskova

Travelers are raving about these Prague hotels